UKRS v3.04 and UKRS industries v2.01 (20th of Jan)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dave

Post by Dave »

Ameecher wrote:This absolutely brilliant but I have noticed in my current game an odd occurence. For some reason the class 67 can carry passengers, which in real life it can't. Is this intentional or something that was missed during testing.
Intentional? How can that be intentional? :lol:

/me imagines a 67 with 45 people xD
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Ameecher wrote:This absolutely brilliant but I have noticed in my current game an odd occurence. For some reason the class 67 can carry passengers, which in real life it can't. Is this intentional or something that was missed during testing.
It doesn't when I try it. Do you maybe have any other train sets active that might be interfering?
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Patchman wrote:It doesn't when I try it. Do you maybe have any other train sets active that might be interfering?
The fact that the tank engine is out of order in the buy list would suggest that to me too.

The UKRS has GRM to try and avoid conflicts, but many older sets don't.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Dave Worley wrote:
Intentional? How can that be intentional? :lol:

/me imagines a 67 with 45 people xD
Everyone into the cab! Nobody fart, and anyone with halitosis is catching the next steel train.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Lol, I have checked the graphics status and no, I do not have any other conflicting .grf's. This is rather confusing, does absolutely no one else have this problem?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

In the GRF Status window, please click the "Debug" button and attach the resulting grfdebug.txt file (or email it to me if you prefer).
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

At Josef's request:
Attachments
grfdebug.txt
(7.35 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Turn off the cargoset and the tempset. Both are extremely outdated and there's no good reason to use them anyway.
Josef Drexler

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ok, I will try that.

Edit: Yep, that's got the problem sorted. Thank you all.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

A rather stupid question perhaps, but can I use the UKRS Industrial Set and benefit from it while at the same time use MB's DBXL set? I'm basically thinking of the new quarries, (clay and gravel)!

I'm putting the final hand on my scenario so I'd appreciate a quick answer! :P

Thanks in advance!

Edit to add///

A bit unclear above, I know, but I ment that since I cannot refit a train to carry gravel or clay, would it mean that any of these industries would produce "goods"?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

SAC wrote:A rather stupid question perhaps, but can I use the UKRS Industrial Set and benefit from it while at the same time use MB's DBXL set? I'm basically thinking of the new quarries, (clay and gravel)!

I'm putting the final hand on my scenario so I'd appreciate a quick answer! :P

Thanks in advance!

Edit to add///

A bit unclear above, I know, but I ment that since I cannot refit a train to carry gravel or clay, would it mean that any of these industries would produce "goods"?
Well, the DBXL will eventually support newcargoes, especially ones that are filed under the same scheme as the ECS. However, any new/existing set can be modified to work with new cargoes, but unless they have new graphics drawn, it might not be pretty.

Example, Set X, has a open-gondola car, that can be refitted to (say, gravel) a cargo. Unless there is a graphic specified by the GRF to be used when carrying gravel, TTD will show the gravel as the default cargo (which would be coal, or if the GRF author of Set X specified, a generic tarp over the wagon to keep things looking right).

Currently, we're all in a bit of a limbo, where only some sets work perfectly with newcargoes, but ther framework is there, and it will all work right eventually.

Or, thats what I've gathered from discussions over the last few months, please, if I'm wrong, someone jump in and correct me :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> please, if I'm wrong, someone jump in and correct me .

Well, I´ll jump right in ...
can I use the UKRS Industrial Set and benefit from it while at the same time use MB's DBXL set? I'm basically thinking of the new quarries, (clay and gravel)!
Well, I guess you can but because firstly, there are no cargo graphics for those cargoes in the current version (v0.82) you won´t get them shown up correctly.

Secondly, the new version (v0.9, not yet released) will fully support the ECS cargo scheme complete with cargo graphics, but because "clay" and "gravel" aren´t conforming to that scheme, there will be no special cargo graphics for them.

This is due to the fact, that both cargoes are (will be) handled differently in the NewCargo set (and hence in DBXL). I.e., the "brick works" (in NewCargo) doesn´t get delivered "clay" (from a "clay pit"). Instead, it uses "clay" as its inherent "ressource" and instead gets delivered "coal" (to fire its kilns). In addition, it produces "bricks" (BRCK) instead of "goods" (GOOD).

Likewise with "gravel". NewCargo/DBXL will support "limestone" (LIME).

O/c, there will be prop28 and prop29 to get a best fitting cargo type for unknown cargoes.

If interested in the sublties, you may carry on the discussion in the "mb graphics" or in the "ECS" thread.

regards
Michael
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Okey! Thanks both! :P

Edit to add///

I was wondering about the Engineers Yard, having that road "opening" or drive-thru as it's called! Is that a feature that can be used on other graphics as well, such as station tiles, building tiles and so on?

I did a search but couldn't find any relevant information! :?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

Hi there. Pikkabird, both sets are amazing and work really well in the game. :) I really enjoy playing westcountry 90201 with your set as it adds a bit of realism to the area (well except running a Eurostar between Swansea/Cardiff/Bristol *lol* - double train aswell).

Thanks for the hard work on both sets :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Psyvhotic Baboon wrote:West country 90201
i love that map, if set to 1921 ofcourse. great map for the UKRS indeed.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

I'm in the rather long drawnout process of modifying that scenario via playing a new saved game, TTDX editor and eventually the scenario editor. I'm setting the map circa 2006, adding some really unrealistic (but dificult to build through topography - lots of hills) and most of all, much larger destinations (Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Bournemouth etc)..

I'll post it t the scenarios when finished (for play-testing and comments)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

UKRS v3.01.

Changes:
-fixed bogie bolster paper graphics.
-reserve all train IDs with grm (previously it only reserved up to 0x60)

Also, I have fixed the sprite offsets for the Merchant Navy in the addon pack.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

PikkaBird wrote:-reserve all train IDs with grm (previously it only reserved up to 0x60)
That doesn't seem to have changed, at least. I still have the following line:

Code: Select all

16 * 9        0D 10 00 03 FE FF 00 60 00
Josef Drexler

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Maybe I mis-uploaded. I'll check later, busy this morning.

edit: okay, I have reuploaded, please try it again.
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

I seem to dimly remember somethind about this from the old thread, but I can't recall: does the UKRS have push-pull trains? If so, I'm doing something wrong because I never see them. :D
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul

Return to “Graphics Development”