UKRS v3.04 and UKRS industries v2.01 (20th of Jan)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UKRS v3.04 and UKRS industries v2.01 (20th of Jan)

Post by richk67 »

Dont *ever* suggest people are jerks... its pretty offensive - at least I am offended by you implying it of me, even in a LOL.

I make one small joking comment, and get 3 paragraphs of your usual diatribe back + an insult. Great... welcome to the intolerant, unfriendly world of TTDP. :roll:

You have your IMO, I have mine.... which BTW I never even stated. You assumed. You assumed WRONG.

A vast number of players play with the original game vehicles without their restrictions. It is neither better nor worse than restricted sets.

Maybe you (or Dave) should actually have answered TrueTenacity's original query with something other than put downs.

@TrueTenacity:
The answer is ... because of the realism preferred by many set creators, only the original game set has unrestricted cargos for maglevs. To play with those on TTDP, with other trainsets too... YOU CANT. PERIOD. OTTD can have both the original sets, and additional extra sets, allowing you to mix and match YOUR GAME how YOU like it. TTDP cant (and wont) do that.

So TrueTenacity... your only solution is to play OTTD.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

richk67 wrote:Dont *ever* suggest people are jerks... its pretty offensive - at least I am offended by you implying it of me, even in a LOL.

I make one small joking comment, and get 3 paragraphs of your usual diatribe back + an insult. Great... welcome to the intolerant, unfriendly world of TTDP. :roll:

You have your IMO, I have mine.... which BTW I never even stated. You assumed. You assumed WRONG.

A vast number of players play with the original game vehicles without their restrictions. It is neither better nor worse than restricted sets.

Maybe you (or Dave) should actually have answered TrueTenacity's original query with something other than put downs.

@TrueTenacity:
The answer is ... because of the realism preferred by many set creators, only the original game set has unrestricted cargos for maglevs. To play with those on TTDP, with other trainsets too... YOU CANT. PERIOD. OTTD can have both the original sets, and additional extra sets, allowing you to mix and match YOUR GAME how YOU like it. TTDP cant (and wont) do that.

So TrueTenacity... your only solution is to play OTTD.

Richk67... You ROCK!

I am playing OTTD and of course.... thanks to the awesome dev's of OTTD, you can use the original trainset as well at my fav one....

I'll enable the option and enjoy my game farther....

Thanks much....

*e-sends Richk67 a case of $fav_beer*
I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

richk67 wrote:Dont *ever* suggest people are jerks... its pretty offensive - at least I am offended by you implying it of me, even in a LOL.
I feel sorry to have used the wrong word here. I really wanted to use it in the context of "fool", or "idiot" at the most, but not in one of its many offending meanings in British or American slang, which I only get aware now.

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

richk67 wrote:<snip nonsensical blabber about what TTDPatch can, can't, will, and won't do>
Who was just complaining about people assuming things?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote: ... you´re not allowed to transport cattle and coal by maglev.
Perhaps I should post this in the "Suggestions" forum, but it does seem to be in the current context of this discussion:

Cattle Transport System (Still in Beta)
Slye_Fox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Slye_Fox »

Sorry to bring up this thread, but I was wondering if you would be doing anything about the road vehicles and ships.

Because the UKRS+Av8 set add so much to the game, it's a shame that the ships and road vehicles don't match up (yes i know about eGRVTS, but that dosn't fit too well with the UK setting)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Slye_Fox wrote:Sorry to bring up this thread, but I was wondering if you would be doing anything about the road vehicles and ships.

Because the UKRS+Av8 set add so much to the game, it's a shame that the ships and road vehicles don't match up (yes i know about eGRVTS, but that dosn't fit too well with the UK setting)
If you can find Pikka's LiveJournal there's a sneaky secret release of his HOVS set (just buses with other default RVs).

Secret out? :P

EDIT: To cover myself, it's not actually a secret... Well I don't think so.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave Worley wrote:
Slye_Fox wrote:Sorry to bring up this thread, but I was wondering if you would be doing anything about the road vehicles and ships.

If you can find Pikka's LiveJournal there's a sneaky secret release of his HOVS set (just buses with other default RVs).

Secret out? :P

EDIT: To cover myself, it's not actually a secret... Well I don't think so.
No the HOVS set which only has buses is a public release. His LJ has the RV that carry the new cargoes... Alternatively, get a .grf like "Refit Default RVs". It won't change the graphics but allows you to use the default RVs with new cargoes.
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypolite »

I don't really know if this is the right place for the following but, game starting in 2000, I noticed that Darwin 300 running cost is few than some of the UKRS set locomotives.

Do I miss some more suited plane GRF, or should I simply use planes apart (i.e. make big money fast) and keep the great train set for eye candy ?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well you might like to try AV8 which was developed by the same person as UKRS so they will match up a bit better.
Coxx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Coxx »

UKRS industries have a parameter switch for brewery and food processing plant producing food instead of goods. Is there a aquivalent in the suburban renewal set as well?
Spiritus_agens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Spiritus_agens »

I started to edit UK renewal due to disable restriction of usage other then passenger,mail wagons with GEC-A Eurostar, etc. ... but i really dont know what to do... action 2 and 3 are to much complicated for me...

I think it has something to do with these lines:

Code: Select all

3582 * 10	 03 00 81 1B 01 00 CA 00 16 00
3583 * 7	 03 00 81 1C 00 CB 00
3584 * 10	 03 00 81 25 01 05 D2 00 D1 00
full code http://pastebin.com/m28eac0c1

Can anybody help...?

PS. I d like to use GEC-A Eurostar, Alstom Pendolino, others with freight wagons.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Those are the action 3s. Checking whether wagons can be attached is done with Callback 1D, so you'll want to alter the action 2s that check variable 0C (current callback), and then do something when the value returned is 1D.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Coxx wrote:UKRS industries have a parameter switch for brewery and food processing plant producing food instead of goods. Is there a aquivalent in the suburban renewal set as well?
No, but it should be easy enough to edit Suburban Renewal if you wanted to add food (just stick a bunch of action 0s at the bottom changing the acceptance property for the houses). TaI, my upcoming replacement for both Suburban Renewal and PBI, will have food in all climates as standard. :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote: my upcoming replacement for both Suburban Renewal and PBI, will have food in all climates as standard. :)
Ooh! Ooh! This guy is getting to be as bad as Mr. Blunck what with these subtle hints of goodnesses to come. 8)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

We'll have to severly spank his behind if he doesn't come forth with more information soon though :roll: .
Spiritus_agens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Spiritus_agens »

so i changed

this:

3555 * 14	 02 00 09 81 0C 00 FF 01 3F 00 1D 1D 09 00
to:

3555 * 14	 02 00 09 81 0C 00 FE 01 3F 00 1D 1D 09 00
and it works... i am not sure what the code does... but
FF Allow attaching if the rail types match (default)
FE Allow attaching

I think its like if one application doesnt work over internet so I ll shutdown firewall ... I mean ... hardcore solution ... but it works

full code http://pastebin.com/m28eac0c1

PS. I d like to use GEC-A Eurostar, Alstom Pendolino, others with freight wagons.
Spiritus_agens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Spiritus_agens »

I have one question... Maximum speed of trains... Did you use design speed or service speed... I searched in wiki and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_91 there you used max design speed for grf settings
but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_390 there you used something between design and service for grf settings

or can you show me your source? :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Spiritus_agens wrote: and it works... i am not sure what the code does... but
FF Allow attaching if the rail types match (default)
FE Allow attaching
Hehehe... I can see why what you've done works, and it is - in a slightly convoluted way - the correct thing to do, but it's totally not what you intended. ;)
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Hey Pikkabird foe PBI, maby you can put the fish industries in.
Something goes here, hell if I know.

Return to “Graphics Development”