UKRS v3.04 and UKRS industries v2.01 (20th of Jan)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Yeah, it's specifically about importing sounds from another .grf (UKRS in this instance), peter1138 didn't code it :P, now he has a reason to ;).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Works for me, although obviously without sound. I have a patch to implement that, but no machine with sound to test it...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

The addon is beyond nifty. I love the tram especially, so handy for those early passenger shuttle services! :D

But the industries are still giving me trouble. Quarry and engineering yard don't show up in the Build Industries window either, no matter whether it's during a game or in the scenario editor. What am I doing wrong? I have absolutely no clue, especially since the other new industries show up and work just fine.

EDIT to clarify: By "other" new industries I mean the Clay Pit etc from the UKRS, not another GRF's.
Last edited by khamura on 10 Oct 2006 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
dragonhorseboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dragonhorseboy »

well I tried a quick game with the ukrs and this addon for it and I have to say they're really nice...watching that little tram with one carriage smoking back n forth between two small villages and the EF1 hauling a few clay cars on another line somewhere else

the new electric, I guess they're for people who wanted something that can haul short freights cheaply but run on juice instead of diesel :P

(hmm, OT but where did they come up with 'juice jacks' nickname?)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Probably the metaphor you referred to.

They were the first real locomotives to use electric power in that way, I should imagine, and thus were referred to in that way.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

khamura wrote:But the industries are still giving me trouble. Quarry and engineering yard don't show up in the Build Industries window either, no matter whether it's during a game or in the scenario editor.
Well, have you redownloaded the grf lately? Possibly you have the version before the quarry and engineers yard were added...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

m3henry wrote:i noticed that the 0-6-0 tank uses the origional name of collet pannier tank :?
Check your vehicle names aren't on "custom" in the game options dialogue.
Dave Worley wrote:a DMU to fill the gap between the 101's introduction and the 150's introduction would be greatly received :D (It's thirty years between the two...)
Well, there aren't any other DMUs I could include, really. The Met-Cam DMU in the UKRS represents all first generation DMUs.
Crahn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crahn »

Hey there
I love the new UKRS set Pikka, its brilliant, :lol: but i do have one question/request.

:arrow: Is there a parameter in the Industry addon to remove the 'stockpile cap' that stops the industries from accepting cargo? (or even reverts their behaviour to old style)

I know its not realistic, and that you'r goal with the industry change was to move away from a 'deliver it all here' approach, but its still in the flavour of TTD to have the industries accept unlimited resources. Im finding it infuriating to have 4 short trains servicing 1 industry and getting the "is accepting" "no longer accepts" every 2 seconds. I'm a big fan of long and complicated routes, with long trains, but with the stockpile cap, its kinda impossible for me to do. I've tried, but just cant get into the game with this enabled, and it's detracting from my enjoyment. :(

If this isn't a parameter, are you able to maybe accomodate this in your next release? Maybe by having a bit value for 'default' (current), another for "no cap - but still behave the way you coded re: stockpiles and production" and a third for "old style ttd processing".

:arrow: On a related note, I tried playing with the UKRS set but without your industry set (to avoid the stockpile limits). But i found that the UKRS set doesn't support any of the new industries recently released from the cargoset (i haven't tried the default industries in other climates as I prefer Temperate), but if there is no way to work around the stockpile limit, is there any way the UKRS set can be made compatible with others?

I must say i do prefer the look of your industry set, however adding food as another form of goods (like the tropic and arctic climate - and the new cargo set do) instead of the Food Processing Plant producing 'goods' would be a welcomed addition, with the stockpile parameter switches i mentioned above of course :)

Keep up the good work, and I hope you consider my request! :wink:
Tycooner since 1994 and still going strong!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Crahn wrote:Is there a parameter in the Industry addon to remove the 'stockpile cap' that stops the industries from accepting cargo? (or even reverts their behaviour to old style)
Build a second identical industry adjacent to the first, so that both are in the station's acceptance area.

Repeat as necessary.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Crahn wrote: :arrow: On a related note, I tried playing with the UKRS set but without your industry set (to avoid the stockpile limits). But i found that the UKRS set doesn't support any of the new industries recently released from the cargoset
The UKRS should be able to carry just about any newcargo, providing that cargo has its cargo classes set correctly.

For your other question, Dalestan is correct. Building a second industry alongside will double the capacity and the production rate of your industry. Also, if you're finding industries cap out too quickly, make sure you're transporting what they produce: an industry will not increase production to the higher rates unless its production is being transported.
HaroldV
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by HaroldV »

Alternatively, it might be possible use the "Unload" order at the train station, so the station will always accept the materials; attach a truck stop to the station, and a short stretch of road with another truck stop at the end within the industry's catchment area. It won't matter *too* much if the trucks taking materials from the train station to the industry proper have a few "useless" back and forwards runs because the stockpile limit is reached, but it will prevent fully-laden trains having useless runs between materials source and industry, cluttering up the network, and reducing service ratings at the materials source (increasing the likelihood of a downturn in materials production).
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

is it possible to make it so that if the industry is going to stop, bring up all the vehicles that carry that cargo to that station to allow you to manualy interfere with them before they start getting lost.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

robotboy wrote:is it possible to make it so that if the industry is going to stop, bring up all the vehicles that carry that cargo to that station to allow you to manualy interfere with them before they start getting lost.
They shouldn't get lost. All that happens is the industry and stations around it stop accepting X. In the case of the steel mill, that might be coal. In that case, all coal trains just arrive at the station, and leave, fully loaded, continuing their schedule as normal. All that happens is that they keep going back and forth with a full load of coal. If you're not making much money that that is going to be a problem, when you get that message, just hop to the industry, and catch all incoming trains of that cargo and send them to a depot until the industry has caught up.

Regardless, the only way to get lost trains is to have a shonky network... Pikkas industry's getting full don't do anything.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Crahn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crahn »

Heya!
Thanks for the fast replies guys! :D
PikkaBird wrote: The UKRS should be able to carry just about any newcargo, providing that cargo has its cargo classes set correctly.
Using the new cargo set as an example (presuming it is the standard if not using the UKRS industries), none of the wagons in the UKRS set (at least in the first 20 years) can be refitted to food, fish, or beer for example. Beer doesn't really matter as it's minor and i hear being phased out, but food and fish (especially if you implement food from the FPP in your next UKRS Industry set release) are. Dont know if that is a bug in the UKRS, or in the cargoset itself, but the cargo set manages to retroactively allow the ship set (last updated in 2003) to refit to fish from the first boats. I tried loading the UKRS set first then the other, and swapping the order with no difference. Might be something to look into.
But it's good to know that it will port over to tropics and arctic's default industries without a hitch :lol: .
Dave Worley wrote: Build a second identical industry adjacent to the first, so that both are in the station's acceptance area.

Repeat as necessary.
I already knew about the 'build a second industry thing' from my couple of days of research into this grf, but early in the game that's not feasible due to cashflow (I use high expense difficulty as well as lowish loan and Pikka's new build cost grf to make it harder), nor is it if the area around the station is too cluttered for more industries to be built later on. Using a brickworks as my first industry, it was reaching its capacity after 5 or so trains from 2 different stations, a medium-long distance away using the starting trains and 7ish wagon lengths in the first 5ish years of gameplay (both gravel and clay at capacity).
PikkaBird wrote: Also, if you're finding industries cap out too quickly, make sure you're transporting what they produce: an industry will not increase production to the higher rates unless its production is being transported.
Aah now that I didn't try *feels sheepishly blonde* :oops:. So if i start pulling the goods away from the brickworks it's stockpile cap will increase? Or will it just 'burn' the stockpile away faster :?:
I will have to try this out and see if it makes a change.

What about non-product industries like the power plant and Engineering plant? Is there no way to increase their stockpile/burn rate (other than afformentioned 'build more industries')?
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

r6728 doesn't hang with the ukrs addon, but it keeps playing that new bell sound on startup.

hmm, and i'm not getting the new vehicles, but that'll be because of my existing savegame. i'll do a new one. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Dave

Post by Dave »

Crahn wrote:
Dave Worley wrote: Build a second identical industry adjacent to the first, so that both are in the station's acceptance area.

Repeat as necessary.
I already knew about the 'build a second industry thing' from my couple of days of research into this grf, but early in the game that's not feasible due to cashflow (I use high expense difficulty as well as lowish loan and Pikka's new build cost grf to make it harder), nor is it if the area around the station is too cluttered for more industries to be built later on. Using a brickworks as my first industry, it was reaching its capacity after 5 or so trains from 2 different stations, a medium-long distance away using the starting trains and 7ish wagon lengths in the first 5ish years of gameplay (both gravel and clay at capacity).
That wasn't me... Was Teh DaleStan...
Crahn wrote:
PikkaBird wrote: Also, if you're finding industries cap out too quickly, make sure you're transporting what they produce: an industry will not increase production to the higher rates unless its production is being transported.
Aah now that I didn't try *feels sheepishly blonde* :oops:. So if i start pulling the goods away from the brickworks it's stockpile cap will increase? Or will it just 'burn' the stockpile away faster :?:
I will have to try this out and see if it makes a change.

What about non-product industries like the power plant and Engineering plant? Is there no way to increase their stockpile/burn rate (other than afformentioned 'build more industries')?
Industries use more if there's more there, don't they?

I'm sure Pikka once said that the more there is in the stockpile, the faster the industry uses it. Of course the idea is to keep the balance.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Dave Worley wrote:Industries use more if there's more there, don't they?

I'm sure Pikka once said that the more there is in the stockpile, the faster the industry uses it. Of course the idea is to keep the balance.
Basically, all secondary industries in the UKRSI have three levels of production (low, medium, and high); the higher the production level, the faster they will use up material. Which production level is used depends on how full the stockpile is, and whether goods were transported from the industry in the previous month, if applicable.
Crahn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Crahn »

Ah Dave sorry, don't know how that quote messed up!

Aah ok pikka, i think i understand now. I read that the higher the stockpile, the faster it burns, but that didn't seem to be happening at all, though I didn't find anywhere mentioning the goods taken from it to increase it. I will try it tomorrow, hopefully it will alleviate *some* of the frustration, tho switches to enable/disable would still be a nice future idea!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

This absolutely brilliant but I have noticed in my current game an odd occurence. For some reason the class 67 can carry passengers, which in real life it can't. Is this intentional or something that was missed during testing.
Attachments
Passengers in engine 1.png
Passengers in engine 1.png (84.62 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
Passengers in engine 2.png
Passengers in engine 2.png (72.7 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
unicornz
Engineer
Engineer

Food Fish Beer

Post by unicornz »

So is there no way to activate these cargos with the new ukrvs ?

Return to “Graphics Development”