UKRS v3.04 and UKRS industries v2.01 (20th of Jan)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

Great work! Love the graphics for the quarry -- but for some reason I can't get it to appear in the game. Same goes for the engineering yard.

I suspect a GRF conflict is to blame, though I don't have other industry-affecting GRFs active. I'll tinker with the positioning in the cfg, but in case that fails, do you have any ideas what could be the cause?
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I found a similar problem and I turned off Michaels Blunck's new cargoes and started a new game. Trying to add these to a new game doesn't work, or it didn't for me anyway.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I'm working on a new map, and I could add these industries without any problems. Haven't been able to test it in-game though as the map is far from ready!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

khamura wrote:Great work! Love the graphics for the quarry -- but for some reason I can't get it to appear in the game.
Take a look at the readme.

See how the quary is shaped there? It only comes in that shape.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It comes in a few variations on that shape, actually. But yes, currently, it can have trouble placing the quarry. Especially if you're using the new landscape generator, or a flat map.
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

I've finally had some time to investigate that crash, and it turned out to be a bug in my code. I've sent the fix to Josef, so it should be fixed in the next nightly. The bug was there ever since I've added newsounds support to industries, so it's lucky someone tripped in it before 2.5 stable came out.

About the industry set itself: The quarry looks very cool indeed. The scattered forest layout looks interesting, too, although it's a little weird to see foundations below trees :) In one of the random games I've generated, there even was a little river flowing through the "scattered" forest, making an interesting landscape.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Awesome. Glad you found the bug. :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I've made a very tiny update to the main grf - the first two class 47 liveries were the wrong way around, so I've fixed that. Download it from here.

Also, I've made a new "addon" train grf. It includes 7 new locomotives:

*the J70 0-6-0 Steam Tram (1920), drawn by DanMacK.
*the Bulleid 'Merchant Navy' Pacific, drawn by Singaporekid.
*the Class 14 shunter, drawn by yours truly.
*the EF1 (1920), EE1 (1922), EM1 (1950) and EM2 (1953) 1500kV electric locomotives, drawn by DanMacK.

You can download it here for windows or here for DOS.
Attachments
Image5.png
Image5.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Cookies for Pikka, Skiddles and Dan. Those look so much like the original UKRS stuff that it fits in perfectly :)). Nice idea to have it as an "expansion pack", for the TTD purists :tongue:.

Very cool.

Thanks guys :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

it's so cool it made my OTTD crash. :wink: i'll try it on Win later, this really looks brilliant.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

astath wrote:it's so cool it made my OTTD crash. :wink: i'll try it on Win later, this really looks brilliant.
It may be that OTTD doesn't like grfs which get their sound effects from other grfs. I'll have to ask peter1138 about it.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

That Merchant Navy is so damned cool looking. I couldn't believe Skiddles drew it when he first showed it to me aaaages ago.

And the electrics? Typcial DanMacK brilliance, I've had a teaser .grf of them for a day or two already :P.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
dragonhorseboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dragonhorseboy »

these new engines....damn...I think I like them :D

hummm seeing that 0-6-0 quickly reminded me right away of Toby even if its supposed to be yellow instead of blue on the sides heh :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

/me cries at the new stuff.

Pikka... I've said this before... but... Whenever you want a baby... I will gladly have it for you.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

PikkaBird wrote:It may be that OTTD doesn't like grfs which get their sound effects from other grfs. I'll have to ask peter1138 about it.
ah, i'll play it in TTDL later on, but i have to reboot to XP for that. blame it on my laziness. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

ding ding!
i noticed that the 0-6-0 tank uses the origional name of collet pannier tank :? (add on doesnt affect it)
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Pikka... I've noticed a bit of a gap... I know we have EMUs in their place, but a DMU to fill the gap between the 101's introduction and the 150's introduction would be greatly received :D (It's thirty years between the two...)

Just a request, of course...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

astath wrote:it's so cool it made my OTTD crash.
Did you do anything in particular when it crashed? What version of OTTD are you using? I can't get it to crash...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

using r6589, it plays a new (bell) sound, approx. 4 times. then quits, and the "application quit unexpectedly". i'm sure it's the add-on, since i was currently playing a game with the ukrs.

i might just get myself the latest nightly later on, but i'll try out a few different configs. i'm using OSx 10.4.8 by the way.

hmm, apparently it doesn't crash if i quickly load a savegame before the sound has ended. so i guess that's cleared up. :)

lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

This is so amazingly awesome, OpenTTD doesn't even see it!

At least r6699 doesn't anyway. It's properly loaded into the .cfg, and yet none of it's engines show up in the purchase list.
It's not me in my avatar, it's a time lord!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams

Return to “Graphics Development”