[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Post by mart3p »

Voyager One wrote:EDIT: All corrected with Snail's suggestions.
Thanks Voyager One. :)
Voyager One wrote:EDIT2: Overpass could also be "passerella" (as a bridge basically for people) instead of "cavalcavia"...
In my view, the overpass is mainly intended for transferring freight. Would "passerella" be suitable in this case?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

mart3p wrote:
Voyager One wrote:EDIT2: Overpass could also be "passerella" (as a bridge basically for people) instead of "cavalcavia"...
In my view, the overpass is mainly intended for transferring freight. Would "passerella" be suitable in this case?
I really don't know. Maybe Snail can shed more light on this.

"Cavalcavia" is indeed an "overpass", wikipedia and Google Translator show these two as identical words.

"Passerella" is (by Google Translating the dictionary explanation): "Bridge fixed or mobile, of various materials, which eliminates walking or a light vehicle with any obstacle; Mobile ramp that allows the entry and exit of passengers from a boat or a plane".
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Voyager One wrote:Thanks Snail, my Italian is a bit "rusty". Haven't really spoken it for years. :P
Nah, your translations were very good! As you said, the only things were some typos here and there, and just a few minor things. Good job :)
Voyager One wrote:
mart3p wrote:In my view, the overpass is mainly intended for transferring freight. Would "passerella" be suitable in this case?
Hmm. "Passerella" gives the idea of a small bridge (or a temporary structure) intended to be walked on by people. Let's put something more generic, such as "sovrappasso" (which has a similar meaning as "overpass").
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
JRD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JRD »

They do not want you to work 32bpp graphics project?

sprites 32bpp for ISR

It's like writing "planetmaker"

on my web is partially modified GRF.
Last edited by JRD on 29 Apr 2014 12:10, edited 2 times in total.
Ahoj
..... MY OTTD Web
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

JRD wrote:They do not want you to work 32bpp graphics project?
Sorry, I don't understand your question. :?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Probably the question is whether you're going to include the 32bpp sprites into ISR.

It might be interesting for you to know that - if you use nfo32 and container format2 (instead of nfo7 and container format 1) - you can add the 32bpp sprites. But you can still obtain the same grf (recognized by openttd as binary compatible) without the 32bpp sprites if you run subsequently grfstrip on the resulting 8bpp+32bpp grf.

@ JRD, you could probably help the process (provided that mart3p is actually interested in it), if you started working on (a copy of) the ISR repository itself and providing patches. And if mart3p is not interested, you could still work on a copy of the repository and provide a 32bpp fork.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

planetmaker wrote:Probably the question is whether you're going to include the 32bpp sprites into ISR.
Although I have been following the progress of 32bpp OpenTTD, I still personally prefer 8bpp. I therefore don't have much interest in adding 32bpp sprites to ISR.

Depite my preference, I am pleased to see JRD's work on the 32bpp ISR sprites. As he also seems to be doing a pretty good job of compiling 32bpp versions of ISR, there doesn't seem to be much need for my input. :wink:
planetmaker wrote:And if mart3p is not interested, you could still work on a copy of the repository and provide a 32bpp fork.
A 32bpp fork would be my preference. I would also be happy to answer any queries regarding the ISR code.
JRD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JRD »

I added to the station glass and bricks.
Ahoj
..... MY OTTD Web
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

A woodchips station would be useful addition since hauling lumber to paper mill is a bit stupid.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

alluke wrote:A woodchips station would be useful addition since hauling lumber to paper mill is a bit stupid.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider it. I can probably do a re-colour of the mineral piles to look like woodchips. :wink:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Graphics error: Single Sided Ramp fixture tile in 1870 is displaying regular double sided Ramp fixture graphics.
Attachments
ramp.png
ramp.png (19.13 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

kamnet wrote:Graphics error: Single Sided Ramp fixture tile in 1870 is displaying regular double sided Ramp fixture graphics.
That's not an error, it's working as intended. It will show ramps on both sides until a single sided platform is built next to it. It's the platform type on the next tile that determines which ramp side is shown. See the readme. :wink:
minexew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by minexew »

Sorry for being off-topic, but is there a NewGRF that adds themed stations like this for passengers?
Alternatively, have you considered adding those to ISR?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

There are loads of passenger station grfs. See NewStations, Dutch Stations (and its addition set), Canadian Stations, CS Stations, Rural Stations, Suburban Stations, Japan Set Stations, ... :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Industrial Stations Renewal v1.0.1

Changes for ISR v1.0.1:
  • Catalan translation added.
    Italian and Finnish translations improved.
    Animation for some cranes made smoother when moving along the platform.
    New style fences are now used for the small warehouse.
    Crane animation code optimised.
    Fix: The heavy freight station crane animation no longer breaks if the platform end ramps are removed.

ISR v1.0.1 requires OpenTTD 1.2.0 or later.
ISR v1.0.1 does not support TTDPatch. TTDPatch players should continue to use ISR v0.8.2.

ISR v1.0.1 is compatible with savegames using ISR v1.0.0.

It is available for download from BaNaNaS and the OpenTTD in-game content downloader.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

kamnet wrote:Any plans for improvements to the TTDPatch version?
TTDPatch doesn´t support station property 1A ("advanced sprite layout with register modifiers").

(Well, it´s not really needed, anyway ...)

regards
Michael
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

kamnet wrote:Any plans for improvements to the TTDPatch version?
I've no plans to update the TTDPatch version unless bugs are found. Adding some of the newer ISR features would be much harder for TTDPatch.
michael blunck wrote:TTDPatch doesn´t support station property 1A ("advanced sprite layout with register modifiers").

(Well, it´s not really needed, anyway ...)
It may not be needed, but it certainly makes things much simpler. :wink:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hello!

I have a problem... I messed something up some time back and I cant get my save to work. I need an old grf as seen on the picture. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ignore what I wrote above I find older version on my USB drive! Thank god! There wouldn't be any more shots in my thread :)
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (2.67 KiB) Viewed 5872 times

Return to “Graphics Development”