Unintrusive catenary

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

thats what patchman told me.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

jonty-comp wrote:They still use the DOS version of TTDPatch, which is slowly disppearing due to the fact that anyone who has XP has to do much tweaking and installing of programs to get it to work. :( For people on 98, though, I think it's a bit faster than the Windows version. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
explains, is there a dos coder around?
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Adding CC support to the pylons would be relatively straightforward. Since no elrails graphics would be using company blue in the pylons anyway, I can add that without difficulties.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

That would be jolly :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Actually, it's not that easy after all. There is no owner information available for bridges, not without searching the map array for a matching bridge head.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Well - bridges obscure the view anyways - so maybe the pylons on a bridge could use a default color - say grey?
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
HaroldV
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by HaroldV »

The grammar-fiend within me wants to query the use of "intrusive" instead of "obtrusive". No matter ... ;)

I've got huge respect for you as a graphics artist, uzurpator, but even I have some doubts as to whether it is really possible to produce a catenary that is less obtrusive than Michael Blunck's erails, while still retaining an appropriate/convincing graphical "presence".

Still, options are always welcome, so I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

Personally, though, I'd prefer someone worked towards a less obtrusive tram catenary system. Even though such systems in real life are no oil-paintings, the present grf strikes me as excessively bulky and obtrusive -- or intrusive, if you prefer. ;)

Return to “Graphics Development”