Standard NewGRF Cargo Labels?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zutty
Director
Director

Standard NewGRF Cargo Labels?

Post by Zutty »

Hi all,

As an AI author I want to make my AI compatible with as many NewGRFs as possible. As part of one of the upcoming features I intend to implement, I want to be able to name each cargo. (i.e. "LVST" -> "Livestock"). Since the NoAI API can't do this presently (and I don't know if its even possible), I'm just building up a list for myself.

I remember andythenorth mentioning in a thread somewhere that NewGRF authors should try to stick to a standard set of cargo labels, so that different NewGRFs can co-exist better. Is there an agreed-upon list somewhere of these cargo types? Or if not can we perhaps collate some of the commonly used cargo labels (and their proper names) from some of the major NewGRF sets?

Thanks very much.
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Standard NewGRF Cargo Labels?

Post by PikkaBird »

Zutty
Director
Director

Post by Zutty »

Magnificent. :bow: I don't know why it didn't occur to me to search the Patch wiki! *facepalm* Thanks Pikka.
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

I always do that with GRF stuff - I forget the patch wiki exists and just search the OTTD one :p
Jon

Return to “Graphics Development”