German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ens
Engineer
Engineer

Re: German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Post by ens »

Hi,
I have just noticed; I started my current savegame in 1973, now its 1985, but the latest truck available is STILL Henschel HS 140 from 1950 - no new trucks get invented in my game. Anyone knows how to add new trucks without starting a new game?
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

There is a time gap in the set, it has very early trucks and very modern trucks.

I think the Henschel HS140 is the latest older truck in the set...You have to wait until 1996 before the next series of modern trucks come out. Maybe you haven't downloaded the test versions which have the developing trucks---> http://uwe.s2000.at/ttdx/download/index.php?lang=en

You can download v0.3 in above link, and the nice thing about that is you can just replace your current version with this one and it will work in current games.
Tschüß!
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Hans Kruzer wrote:There is a time gap in the set, it has very early trucks and very modern trucks.

I think the Henschel HS140 is the latest older truck in the set...You have to wait until 1996 before the next series of modern trucks come out. Maybe you haven't downloaded the test versions which have the developing trucks---> http://uwe.s2000.at/ttdx/download/index.php?lang=en

You can download v0.3 in above link, and the nice thing about that is you can just replace your current version with this one and it will work in current games.

But it says here http://uwe.s2000.at/ttdx/germanrv/trucks.php?lang=en that there are 12 trucks between Henschel and 1987... I`ve had the 0.3v from the beginning but just in case replaced it with a freshly downloaded one, nothing has changed, still using good ol` henschel :(
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

ens wrote:But it says here http://uwe.s2000.at/ttdx/germanrv/trucks.php?lang=en that there are 12 trucks between Henschel and 1987...
No, it doesn't say that.
The set will include a variety of trucks
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

ooooh...
well then I`m looking forward to it! :)
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

And we are working on it:D

Uwe can I borrow your steel pipe sprites? I'd like to use them on the TGA XXL. I've also been putting together machines, not the best and I have yet to colour them German-style
Attachments
MAN TGA XXL.PNG
MAN TGA XXL.PNG (10.69 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
Tschüß!
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

@Hans: Sure, I have borrowed them from MB's DBSetXL anyway :-) However, I'd vote for the XXL to transport some heavy machinery instead of pipes. Concerning those machines, you will need to make sure that they are not too high, otherwise they would not fit under bridges or into tunnels.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Uwe wrote:@Hans: Sure, I have borrowed them from MB's DBSetXL anyway :-) However, I'd vote for the XXL to transport some heavy machinery instead of pipes. Concerning those machines, you will need to make sure that they are not too high, otherwise they would not fit under bridges or into tunnels.
Why 'or'? Such truck surely could transport pipes (METL, STEL, maybe GOOD) as well as machinery (ENSP, VEHI, FMSP, maybe GOOD)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Hans Kruzer wrote:And we are working on it:D

Uwe can I borrow your steel pipe sprites? I'd like to use them on the TGA XXL. I've also been putting together machines, not the best and I have yet to colour them German-style
Make sure the boom is lowered down and the ball strapped to the trailer. Otherwise it will hit other vehicles, crash into bridges, and tip over the whole truck. :)
ISA wrote:I had a excavator somewhere what You could use! If You are interested, I Pm or post it for You on friday?
If it's ok for you, I recommend posting such sprites into this thread, since they're always useful.
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

alluke wrote: Make sure the boom is lowered down and the ball strapped to the trailer. Otherwise it will hit other vehicles, crash into bridges, and tip over the whole truck. :)
Uwe wrote:However, I'd vote for the XXL to transport some heavy machinery instead of pipes. Concerning those machines, you will need to make sure that they are not too high, otherwise they would not fit under bridges or into tunnels.
Surely, I will lower the boom a bit, and the wrecking ball....well all I can't guarantee it'd look like a wrecking ball when tied down :P
Indeed I will have sufficient variety of machinery sprites ready :D Also I posted the crane and bed trailer for the TGA to carry crates sometime earlier, I'm not sure you've seen it yet :P
ISA wrote:I had a excavator somewhere what You could use! If You are interested, I Pm or post it for You on friday?
Of course! Is it that hidden somewhere that it would take you until Friday to find hahaha :lol:
Tschüß!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hans Kruzer wrote:
Of course! Is it that hidden somewhere that it would take you until Friday to find hahaha :lol:
The files arent at hand atm. In the other device :)

Edit: Ok here they are! Messed around in paint a bit also and put something together.
Make You own changes and let us see the results!
Attachments
Excavator.PNG
Excavator.PNG (9.72 KiB) Viewed 4283 times
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Move the excavator to the center part of the trailer for better weight balance and lower center of gravity. :wink:
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Nice excavator :bow: I am sure it will be in an upcoming test version.
alluke wrote:Move the excavator to the center part of the trailer for better weight balance and lower center of gravity. :wink:
Had to shorten the _ views :P
I may recolour the excavator in different colours?
Attachments
MAN TGA XXL.PNG
MAN TGA XXL.PNG (15.81 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
Last edited by Hans Kruzer on 20 Dec 2013 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tschüß!
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

alluke wrote:Move the excavator to the center part of the trailer for better weight balance and lower center of gravity. :wink:
I'd even recommend turning it around instead. Excavators and other similar machines are most commonly transported that way though I'm not fully sure why, lack of pressure on driving axles perhaps..
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Saibot wrote: I'd even recommend turning it around instead. Excavators and other similar machines are most commonly transported that way though I'm not fully sure why, lack of pressure on driving axles perhaps..
Makes sense...I've edited the previous post
Tschüß!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Dunno if these are you useful to you, but dozers, forklifts and tractors from HEQS. Might be too big? GPL licensed :)
Attachments
bulldozers.png
(30.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
forklift_1.png
forklift_1.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
tractors.png
tractors.png (9.01 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Indeed, they are quite large....Maybe the trailer could be widen because this truck is meant to carry large things :D I won't leave these out at all! I think certain vehicles like the forklifts and tractors are small enough to be placed on a normal heavy flatbed, like for the MAN TGX...The Heavy XXL would probably take large dozers or excavators as seen.

Apologize once more for not being here in a long time! The poor internet on the Computer I would use to play OTTD is rather dead, so I use the laptop instead to draw Sprites and post them!
Tschüß!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hans Kruzer wrote:Apologize once more for not being here in a long time! The poor internet on the Computer I would use to play OTTD is rather dead, so I use the laptop instead to draw Sprites and post them!
Know that feeling! No worrys! :)

Return to “Graphics Development”