German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> [...] I have a coding question.

Didn´t you get my email? It´s possibly a bug in the rvs implementation of that CB. Your code looks OK, IMO.

regards
Michael
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

No, I did not get your mail, that's why I asked here. Guess I'll have to check some mail settings then...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

It's intended that way, refit information is always below all other text.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> [...] refit information is always below all other text

Ah yes. Uwe could possibly "hide" the cargoes if he wants to appear the CB23 text below all other information.

regards
Michael
Attachments
refittable.png
refittable.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Mike, excuse me for being OT, but when are we going to get a new release of the DB Set?
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

That would be a feasible way I think. The refitting info could be included into the additional text anyway. Could you please give me a hint about how that "hiding" is actually done?
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Ok, I have now come to the point where it is unavoidable to start thinking about prices and running costs. Unfortunately, I do not have the slightest idea about the prices of buses, which makes it rather hard to set these values in a reasonable way.
So if anyone could help me out with information regarding prices for buses, that would really be appreciated. It does not have to be information for the actual models, some comparable values for similar models would be helpful just as well.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Uwe wrote:Ok, I have now come to the point where it is unavoidable to start thinking about prices and running costs. Unfortunately, I do not have the slightest idea about the prices of buses, which makes it rather hard to set these values in a reasonable way.
So if anyone could help me out with information regarding prices for buses, that would really be appreciated. It does not have to be information for the actual models, some comparable values for similar models would be helpful just as well.
What that Google search bar thinks if You but in your bus/truck name or something like that? Maybe it says some prices and other stats? :)
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

If I had found that information using google I would not have had to ask here :wink: I think the problem is that a company usually orders a large number of vehicles at once, and also tells the manufacturer which features it wants. So prices are probably set on a per contract base and may vary extremely. And even if information for modern busses can be found, what about the prices for older models? Anyway, I'll look into it further, maybe I can dig up something useful.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Uwe wrote:If I had found that information using google I would not have had to ask here :wink:
Yes true! :oops:
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Over the last few days I found some useful data concerning prices and stuff, so that should not be a problem, I'll just have to find the time to test the whole thing thoroughly.
Anyway, there are some new busses to be shown. Daniel was very busy with drawing, we also agreed on some changes concerning the models to be included in the set, so there has been plenty of progress and a lot of conversations behind the scenes.
The first new bus is the Mercedes Benz O3500, the first coach model to be developed after World War II. It was presented in 1949 and was very successful.
Attachments
mbo3500_3.png
mbo3500_3.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
mbo3500_2.png
mbo3500_2.png (7.72 KiB) Viewed 6289 times
mbo3500.png
mbo3500.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 6290 times
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Now, we all make mistakes, don't we? Close inspection of the pictures I posted yesterday revealed that the bus is a bit too long, so it was trimmed down to the correct size today. New screenshots can be found on the project website.
In addition, I coded new buses today, not two, not three, but four(!) new ones. Quite an achievement for one afternoon... I'm too tired to go into the details now, so please check please the homepage, the new buses are: Vomag OV57, Opel Blitz, Mercedes-Benz O4500 and Setra S315 NF.
Attachments
Setra S315 NF
Setra S315 NF
setras315nf_3.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
Vomag OV57
Vomag OV57
vomagov57_2.png (9.49 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
Opel Blitz
Opel Blitz
opelblitz_2.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm looking at these and I'm loving the attention to detail.

Question though - I haven't looked at any of the pix but are the bonnets on the buses really that long?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

I pretty much guess so. The one on the Vomag certainly is quite long, though I'm not sure whether it could be drawn 1px shorter. The problem is that it is extremely difficult to find pictures and information about these old vehicles, so it's mainly guesswork.
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Time for another update. Three new buses have been added, one modern three-axle regional one and two versions of the common Mercedes-Benz Citaro city bus. As someone suggested introducing alternatives to normal fuel, the articulated Citaro type is based on the version that is run using compressed natural gas (CNG). The special cylinders for it are located on the roof, so it should be well recognisable. The other bus shows an experimental model using a fuel cell. This bus is currently tested in various European cities.
Attachments
Mercedes-Benz Citaro, experimentally powered by a fuel cell
Mercedes-Benz Citaro, experimentally powered by a fuel cell
mbcitarofuelcell_2.png (10.99 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
Mercedes-Benz Citaro G CNG, articulated bus
Mercedes-Benz Citaro G CNG, articulated bus
mbcitarogcng.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
Setra S419 UL, modern three-axle regional bus
Setra S419 UL, modern three-axle regional bus
setras419ul.png (10.59 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

[quote="Uwe"]Time for another update. Three new buses have been added, one modern three-axle regional one and two versions of the common Mercedes-Benz Citaro city bus. As someone suggested introducing alternatives to normal fuel, the articulated Citaro type is based on the version that is run using compressed natural gas (CNG). The special cylinders for it are located on the roof, so it should be well recognisable. The other bus shows an experimental model using a fuel cell. This bus is currently tested in various European cities.[/quote]

Hello Uwe!

You have done a greate! I thank you very much.
I hope it will be downloadable soon.

N8king
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

It's been quite a long time since the last updates... Real life events had to have priority, but now work can finally be continued.

A new bus has been finished, the Neoplan NH12 "Hamburg". This type was the first modern coach, the first to utilize the room below the passenger compartment for baggage, thus offering better space utilization, a concept that was adopted for other coaches soon after.

The bus always comes in a mainly white livery, there are only small patches of 2CC being used.
Attachments
neoplannh12_3.png
neoplannh12_3.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
neoplannh12_2.png
neoplannh12_2.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 5494 times
neoplannh12.png
neoplannh12.png (8.8 KiB) Viewed 5494 times
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: German road vehicle set [WIP]

Post by Uwe »

Ahem. *mumbles some magical words to resurrect this topic from the dead*

There finally is some news :-) Another bus has been finished and included into the set, a Büssing-Kässbohrer, which means that Kässbohrer built the bus on a framework from Büssing. This bus will be the very first articulated bus available as it will be introduced in the early 1950s. The special thing about this bus is the design of the trailer with its two axles.

And here are the pictures:
Attachments
buessingkaessbohrer.png
buessingkaessbohrer.png (16.57 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
buessingkaessbohrer_2.png
buessingkaessbohrer_2.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
buessingkaessbohrer_3.png
buessingkaessbohrer_3.png (12 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: German road vehicle set [WIP]

Post by Ameecher »

Looks very nice, is it actually going to be articulated using aRVs or is it one block?

Return to “Graphics Development”