[REL] Combined Roadset

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Daniel C. wrote:BTW...it says on the readme file that it is supposed to work with Pika's viaduct as long as, you load it before to combo set.
Actually it says only if Purno's bridges are not selected as a parameter.
Basicly if European set is active and Purno's bridges isn't picked.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Daniel C.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Daniel C. »

Lakie wrote:
Daniel C. wrote:BTW...it says on the readme file that it is supposed to work with Pika's viaduct as long as, you load it before to combo set.
Actually it says only if Purno's bridges are not selected as a parameter.
Basicly if European set is active and Purno's bridges isn't picked.

~ Lakie
Well, nowhere on file its explicit that that is the case.

This is the text on the readme:

"- With the European Roadset selected PikkaBird's stone bridge will automatically be loaded if you place pb_viaduct.grf above combroadw.grf in newgrfw.cfg. If you also switch RobC's cantilever replacement bridge on, it will just work fine with PikkaBird's stone bridge."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And as I said on the previous page I will not change it until the next release. I could've been more clear perhaps but I wasn't, hence the discussion here.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I found a bug.
The opened road/railcrossing isn't correctly lined up with the rest of the roads.
If the gates are closed then the lineup is correct.

btw the other direction is OK.
Attachments
Clipboard.png
Clipboard.png (12.6 KiB) Viewed 10381 times
Last edited by Rob on 25 Mar 2006 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Could it be that the upper "gate" is somewhat hidden behind the electrified railroad thingy, (whatever it's called in English :P )
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The gate is fine. It's the *ROAD* that isn't:
Attachments
clipboard_120.png
clipboard_120.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 10356 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

SAC has a point, the left bar is cut off, but that is because the crossings must stay in the tile boundaries, no?
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

DaleStan wrote:The gate is fine. It's the *ROAD* that isn't:
:D I see that now! It's the graphics not properly aligned or the coding not properly done!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Thanks for the bug report, RobC. Now I've got something to fix :p.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

khamura wrote:SAC has a point, the left bar is cut off, but that is because the crossings must stay in the tile boundaries, no?
Yes. Thats why we can't have giant gates of doom :).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'm currently fixing it and the gate is cut off too. Expect a fix to be released later this week (DOS and Windows).
nguwland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nguwland »

I was wondering, is it possible to create freeways, kind of oneway traffic with excentric routes for the vehicles (thus the vehicles do not drive just right and left of the center line, but from a line out of the center.
Attachments
Possible Idea for basic freeway template
Possible Idea for basic freeway template
freeway.PNG (3.51 KiB) Viewed 10040 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

nguwland...

I asked this question in my topic a while back - that's not a criticism that you didn't look - and I loved the idea.

But apparently it's too much work to do what I suggested - that is to merge two roads next to each other into a freeway.

I think that's what you mean. I certainly like the look of those sprites.

If not feel free to blast me to the ground!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Is good
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gamble
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gamble »

The cantilever bridges are not being supported by collumns to the ground when built on a mountain higher than 1 block.

I wouldn't feel save driving over this bridge hehe.
Attachments
no support for bridge.PNG
no support for bridge.PNG (69.16 KiB) Viewed 9643 times
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

nguwland wrote:I was wondering, is it possible to create freeways, kind of oneway traffic with excentric routes for the vehicles (thus the vehicles do not drive just right and left of the center line, but from a line out of the center.
Yes, it is possible with one way roads :D, but it has some limitations: only straight freeways are possible and this won't work on sloped tiles. Also the sprite sorting doesn't work properly

I have made a grf file with your sprites. Can I have your permission to release it?
Attachments
As you can see the bus is cut half, because of the sprite sorting problems.
As you can see the bus is cut half, because of the sprite sorting problems.
freeway.png (20.71 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I was toying around with the set, and found that the 'Tubular Steel' bridge is broken as well as the 'Steel Cantilever' one.

Attached is a screenshot.
Attachments
bridges.png
bridges.png (58.58 KiB) Viewed 9452 times
Last edited by Darkvater on 16 Apr 2006 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Can you tell me what grf's you had loaded beside the roadset, DarkVater? I had some glitches with the tubular bridge too but strangely not all the time. I never noticed the glitch with one of Purno's bridges. I'll have to look into it.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Hyronymus wrote:Can you tell me what grf's you had loaded beside the roadset, DarkVater? I had some glitches with the tubular bridge too but strangely not all the time. I never noticed the glitch with one of Purno's bridges. I'll have to look into it.
I coded support for combroadw into OpenTTD (almost, needs parameter support as well), and had the same tubular-bridge glitch there. In TTDPatch I had no other gfx loaded either.

I think the sprite-data for the tubular bridge is wrong as, especially the pillars part. Also got another question: in the set around sprites 620-681 there are 2 great bridges with what seems US-roads. How do I get those?

Looking into the pillars problem showing through it seems to be something with a bounding box.

Great set btw :D.

Edit:

Yes, confirmed, if you don't draw pillars the tubular bridge (in the Y-direction) is ok. The X-direction seems to be fine.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

You should get the American roadset bridges by only using Purno's bridgeset and the US roadset. I think Lakie coded it correctly to work like that. I'll ask Lakie to look into the pillar problem with the tubular bridges. Thanks for thinking along, DarkVater :).

Return to “Graphics Development”