Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch stations set

Post by XeryusTC »

Quast65 wrote:I think you misunderstood me ;-)
I didn't mean changing the dark platforms into lighter ones, but only changing the empty platform into a darker one. So that means only changing two sprites. That should be easy to do ;-)
I know what you mean, but all that time ago it seemed like there were more platforms where the same thing happened. Although it is a long while ago so I might indeed be wrong on this. It would be better to check every tile though ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

I've checked all tiles (as I needed to copypaste them into my new GRF) and all others seem ok.
Looking at the code and graphicsfile, it seems like the problem is caused because there are no seperate middlepiece tiles drawn (and subsequently coded) for that tile. So it uses the outer pieces to create middle pieces, therefor they are lighter.
Well here are the needed graphics:
Empty_Middle_Pieces.png
Empty_Middle_Pieces.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
I hope it gets fixed ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

I drew the new CTA's that have replaced the old ones since 2010. These are single-track, but adding a middle platform won't be much work. What do you think?
Attachments
cta - kopie.png
cta - kopie.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Which one are those, because I've seen two types (one seemed to be a test on a few stations, but it seems they chose for the other one eventually).

Either way, it looks kinda flat.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

They look like the single screens, as seen on the Dutch Wikipedia.

And I agree, they look to flat to me, but that also might be because the edge is blue and the transparent also is blue, maybe in game they look less flat.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

YSH wrote:I drew the new CTA's that have replaced the old ones since 2010. These are single-track, but adding a middle platform won't be much work. What do you think?
They look nice, would you mind releasing them under GPLv2 license? Then I can put them into the addition set.

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A few stations have these CTAs;

And the modern one we see almost everywhere now, having a \/ shape;

Both seem to be as width as the old ones;

Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

Quast65 wrote:They look nice, would you mind releasing them under GPLv2 license? Then I can put them into the addition set.
Go ahead.
-
While there a number of different types, most of these are for roofed stations. On empty platforms, they are all of this type: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45220772@N06/6226301070/

As for the flatness, this is how it looks ingame:
Attachments
ctamock.png
ctamock.png (118.54 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Purno wrote:And the modern one we see almost everywhere now, having a \/ shape;
The image is not working, says it is not allowed to use images on different websites.
YSH wrote:As for the flatness, this is how it looks ingame:
Okay, they also look quite flat ingame in my opinion.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

With thicker sides:
Attachments
cta-2.png
cta-2.png (2.93 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Transportman wrote:
Purno wrote:And the modern one we see almost everywhere now, having a \/ shape;
The image is not working, says it is not allowed to use images on different websites.
How about this one;

If this one doesn't work, well, I guess you know how the new CTA's look like.
YSH wrote:With thicker sides:
Which of the digital CTA's is this supposed to be? The boxy one or the \/-shaped one?
Image Image
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

Purno wrote:Which of the digital CTA's is this supposed to be? The boxy one or the \/-shaped one?
[/quote][/quote]

The boxy one. The v-shaped ones are only hung under roofs.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

YSH wrote: The boxy one. The v-shaped ones are only hung under roofs.
Really? Never noticed that. Each workday I pass Almere Poort twice, I'll try to pay attention to the CTAs there. I know the new CTAs aren't under a roof there. I never noticed there were different versions :P

Any chance you have a picture of such a boxy one?
Image Image
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Purno wrote:Any chance you have a picture of such a boxy one?
Here, only for some reason the screens are blue and the text white, normally it is the other way around.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm... isn't that the more pixelated type? I'm not sure how to call them, but I know some stations, like Hilversum-Noord and Bussum-Zuid have these boxy ones with huge pixels. I showed them in a pic a few post ago.
Image Image
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Looking at the foto's and YSH's drawings, shouldn't the big white box be outlined with black lines, especially the space between the clock and the messageboard?
Furthermore should the pole be greyish and not blackish?
Also the messageboard looks too square, maybe a pixel less high, or a pixel longer might make the difference.

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

The thicker more boxy ones reminds me of the oldest CTA type, the Rolband CTA.

http://www.hetutrechtsarchief.nl/collec ... 980/153228
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

Quast65 wrote:Looking at the foto's and YSH's drawings, shouldn't the big white box be outlined with black lines, especially the space between the clock and the messageboard?
No, it's dark blue. (See here)
Quast65 wrote:Furthermore should the pole be greyish and not blackish?
Yes, but I wanted it to stand out against the grey platform.
Quast65 wrote:Also the messageboard looks too square, maybe a pixel less high, or a pixel longer might make the difference.
In order, unchanged, shorter, longer:
Attachments
cta3.png
cta3.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Yep, S looks better. (maybe even try S with one pixel longer)
And could you maybe give a greyish pole a try?

Return to “Graphics Development”