ISA´s drawings!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dave

Post by Dave »

I think that's because the 2 sprites for the train approaching crossing use that reddy-brown colour that is animated in game.

Don't hold me to that though, I'm not too sure.

Dave
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Exactly.

The colors in question are #FF0000 and #400000.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Thanks DaleStan makeing it clear now :). But one more question to You. As I can see You know bretty much that nfo codeing! Is that crossing possible to code? Prof. Frink told few posts back that somthing might be go wrong?!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Prof_Frink is right. Crossing tiles will be flat, no matter how you draw them. If there are things on it that are supposed to be in front/above the vehicles then it'll look wrong.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Patchman wrote:Prof_Frink is right. Crossing tiles will be flat, no matter how you draw them. If there are things on it that are supposed to be in front/above the vehicles then it'll look wrong.
Just a idea! if there add some bridge code, then vechile understand go above it! Sorry if its stupid idea :oops:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Thoughts?
And what about this idea. Its stupid, isnt it!
Just a idea! if there add some bridge code, then vechile understand go from under it! Sorry if its stupid idea :oops:
Attachments
cross.gif
cross.gif (4.36 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

ISA wrote:Thoughts?
I'm afraid so.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Patchman wrote:
I'm afraid so.
Damn!
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Just a idea! if there add some bridge code, then vechile understand go from under it! Sorry if its stupid idea :oops:
Very Very good :) :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hi again. I was playing and my eye stuck on oilrig..... Its ugly :roll: so I decideed to draw other rig, based on old sprites but result is hundred times better :) Only texturing need to be done!
The reason why I post this pic is I need your opinion what could be different, before I go on with texturing!
Attachments
Oilrig.PNG
Oilrig.PNG (6.99 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks nice! :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think a problem with the oil-rig in TTD is how low to the water it actually is. I'm guessing it's a proportion issue but if you see one of those mothers in real life you'll see just how high above the sea they actually are.

This looks good, however. I think the grey of the actual platform should be a little darker, and of course made to look a little weathered since rigs are generally open to a good battering from the wind and rain.

Though I probably don't have the right to talk about texturing... I still haven't textured my hedges.

Either way, great work sir.

Dave

EDIT: Incidentally, I found a couple of real Oil Rig's from the North Sea. I know you're just basing your drawing on the original TTD sprites, but if you want a bit of inspiration, take a look.

Also, about the height of the pillars - maybe from a distance I was wrong. But close up, it's like a whole different world away from the sea surface. Quite amazing structures actually.
Attachments
And another.
And another.
oilrig2.png (2.63 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
North Sea Oil Rig... Bit of a dodgy pic.
North Sea Oil Rig... Bit of a dodgy pic.
_1749500_rig300.png (13.5 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Last edited by Dave on 19 Mar 2006 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Sure does! Perhaps some animation (the flame and the crane) and more texture would be nice. But yeah this looks pretty neat!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Caelan wrote:Perhaps more texture would be nice.
ISA wrote: The reason why I post this pic is I need your opinion what could be different, before I go on with texturing!
:wink:
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

I've also done an oilrig in the past (initially for OpenTTD). I still don't know if it fits very well into TTD, but if you want to get ideas from it / use some elements of it, you are free to do so.

http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Graph ... #Buildings

(And I know, it's extremely tall ;) )
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Red*Star, are those trees also possible in TTD? ( i do not mean the forest lay out just the trees...)

Sorry for the off topic
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I've found trees to be very difficult to replace. The reason is that the grass texture along with other graphics somewhat limits the options drastically - not to mention the poor amount of colors 8)

Personally I wouldn't mind different trees at all, but I also think that they need to come with another ground texture, (grass tiles and so on)!
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have seen other grass textures in some screenshots by various players. I am looking forward to see if anyone is really interested in altering the floor tyles...
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Dave Worley wrote:I think a problem with the oil-rig in TTD is how low to the water it actually is. I'm guessing it's a proportion issue but if you see one of those mothers in real life you'll see just how high above the sea they actually are.
But if you look when oiltanker is loading oil then you can see how big this oilrig is (edit: in game ofcourse)! The ship is tiny (if you understand what im trying to say) :roll: isnt it?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Red*Star wrote:I've also done an oilrig in the past (initially for OpenTTD). I still don't know if it fits very well into TTD, but if you want to get ideas from it / use some elements of it, you are free to do so.

http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Graph ... #Buildings

(And I know, it's extremely tall ;) )
Double post! Oh saw your post now :? Thanks im pretty sure ill use somthing to add some color ;)

EDIT: Red*Star does color balletes fits with ttdpatch?

Return to “Graphics Development”