Red*Stars modern train station set [beta released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

*low whistle*
Aegir wrote:the accurate reflections in the windows
*low whistle ends rather abruptly*
*thunk*

ardon meh wile ah kehlekt meh lowwa yaw.

/me re-attaches a rather important portion of his face.
Apologies. Permission to finish that low whistle?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

One suggestion I have, as newstations by Michael, please don't make the whole station as one block.
I like to build my very own personal station and most time I even haven't enough room on my games :D Looking forward to see a grf out of it
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Red*Star wrote:Well, "you have chosen" ;):
Then THIS will be the version I'll spend work on in the near future or something.

One problem tho with the round platforms, in TTD the train always stops at the end of the station, and thus, passes the platform end, so passengers cannot get in the first coaches.

Looks very nice tho.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Hmm, would it be possible to make shorter trains to stop in the middle of the station? Doesn't help with long MUs though...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Looks really fine, Redstar! I would like to have it fully customizable with station parts too :))
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Sanchimaru wrote:Looks really fine, Redstar! I would like to have it fully customizable with station parts too :))
won't be too hard, it's the station hall (5x1), high roofed platform (1x1), low roofed platform (1x1), plain platform (1x1) and round endings (1x1). ofcourse, there's the problem of those nice island/full platforms, but that can be worked out through coding, i guess.

now, find yourself a coder RedStar, i want to play this a.s.a.p. :D
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Aegir wrote:This looks excellent.

I may have misjudged pre-rendered graphics initially, this has a lot of, hmm, soul to it. I honestly thought it was hand drawn till I saw the accurate reflections in the windows..

It is neither completely hand-drawn, nor is it rendered ;). I have my own *magic* way of creating graphics :lol:

No, but currently I work in Photoshop. With multiple layers, transparency and filters it's pretty efficient and much fun to create these graphics.
And because PS has very good algorithms for downsampling 32bpp / 24bpp to 8bpp palette-images even with predefined palettes, it's no problem to convert the stuff to TTD format.
I still just have to write a script that breakes the whole thing automatically down into 1-tile-sprite-pieces.

About the platforms: Yes, I already noticed that. Maybe I can stretch the round parts for covering more of the end tile, but let's see.

astath: Sorry, but yet I've only fingered out how to replace existing graphics e.g. in trg1r.grf, not how to code myself. Can't be that complicated, but if I start with it I would be happy if someone could answer me one or two questions about it.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Red*Star wrote:astath: Sorry, but yet I've only fingered out how to replace existing graphics e.g. in trg1r.grf, not how to code myself. Can't be that complicated, but if I start with it I would be happy if someone could answer me one or two questions about it.
well, that's why i suggested you'd get a coder; someone to code these stations for you. :wink: Aegir's an option.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Oh /find/ yourself... well... sorry, misinterpreted your post.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Purno wrote:
Red*Star wrote:Well, "you have chosen" ;):
Then THIS will be the version I'll spend work on in the near future or something.

One problem tho with the round platforms, in TTD the train always stops at the end of the station, and thus, passes the platform end, so passengers cannot get in the first coaches.

Looks very nice tho.
Hm, I suppose we could pretend they cross over from the back coaches to the front coaches...clumsy, but it works.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

White Rabbit wrote:Hm, I suppose we could pretend they cross over from the back coaches to the front coaches...clumsy, but it works.
Accurate too.
Loughborough station is significantly shorter than an IC125 or long Meridian, inevitably resulting in a long walk down the train.
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Ever played Unreal Tournament? ;)

Post by Red*Star »

Incooomiiiiiing....

I would say final, what would you say?
Attachments
hannovermesselaatzen.png
hannovermesselaatzen.png (21 KiB) Viewed 7629 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I agree. :D
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:shock: I would say HOLY S***, but that's not allowed on these family friendly forums, so I'll just say WOW! Awesome work!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Looking forward to play with it! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Looks awsome, just one thing, are you going to code that, or is someone else going to have to? :P

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Mickeye
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Of course i played both UTs and waiting for UT2007 :)

Post by Mickeye »

Head Shot!!!

Excellent work, can't wait for playble version. :)
Mickeye on devArt | Last.fm || Winner of "Best TT-Forums signature, 2006" award
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

I really need to know... that looks simply amazing.

But is it totally TTD-Palette compatible? It looks too good!
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

:shock:
But, hm, what exactly will the station components be? Or will all stations look like that?

Return to “Graphics Development”