UK Renewal Set - v3 1st of August 2006

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

That's odd...I haven't been able to get those maglevs at all... :? What's going on?

EDIT: Turns out I didn't download version 2.2...I couldn't find the download link either because I didn't refresh my cache. :roll:
Last edited by White Rabbit on 12 Feb 2006 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

PikkaBird wrote:
khamura wrote:Curiouser and curiouser. :shock: Can a set have conflicts with another even though that other set isn't loaded?
Actually, it's not necessarily a grf conflict, it could just be that if you're running a game you started with the older ukrs, it hasn't updated the vehicle data. Try doing a cht:resetvehicles.
Yup! That was it. resetvehicles did the trick. Not that there's a whole lot of stuff they're good for, what with the lack of wagons. :lol:
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Pikka, love the new Maglevs :D

The Taurus Power Car should have a goods capacity itself though, I'd say 20T per head
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DanMacK wrote:The Taurus Power Car should have a goods capacity itself though, I'd say 20T per head
I'm aware that that's how you intended it to work, but it seems a bit strange having a container-carrying train with a couple of little van-areas for loose cargo. Also, the Taurus heads are quite small, so I thought that room would be better given to crew space and power equipment. ;)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Makes sense :D
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

All your site needs now is a favicon :P
vesgo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vesgo »

Tested UK Renewal Set - v2.2 and it's really fantastic.
The sounds are very good, of course after some time i become a little bored with it, but it's ok. And the trains are really fantastic, and the futuristic ones, oh, they are simply amazing.
But i have a question!!!
I installed Brick viaduct, but i can't mak'it work with roadsets.
Is there any parameter?
I tried with USRoads and with Euroroads, and i can't get it to work, only with the default TTD Roads. Can please anyone...??
Thx
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Thats because graphics for them don't exist.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

vesgo wrote:Is there any parameter?
That's a good idea, actually. I'll see about adding extra road surfaces. :)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It should be possible use action 7 var 88 to query for which of the roadsets is active/will be activated and use the correct bridge surfaces depending on which roadset is being used.
Obviously, this is a bit of work, and can fail if multiple sets are active simultanously (unless exactly one remains to be activated when activating the bridge grf), or if an unknown set is active, but this should make things easier on the user, which is a good thing, IMO.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Indeed. :)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

for the time being i did a conversion to the us roads links can be found in the old thread.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Prof. Frink wrote:Now it's at v2.0, should it be renamed from pb_brmini.grf to pb_ukrs.grf?
v2.3 is out, and has been renamed. :) If you're upgrading, make sure you update your newgrf.cfg (and get rid of the old grf file!).

Four new locomotives have been added, and the UKRS Industries have been re-released. See the website for more information.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

As I suggested on IRC, we now need storage capacity increasing tiles for stations. If the storage capacity limiter really works it would be great to have station lots that allow you to transport more goods to the industry than it van handle originally.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Hyronymus wrote:As I suggested on IRC, we now need storage capacity increasing tiles for stations. If the storage capacity limiter really works it would be great to have station lots that allow you to transport more goods to the industry than it van handle originally.
Maybe you should try playing with it for a while before saying things like that. ;) It's actually quite hard to get an industry to its production limits unless you're pouring all the raw materials on the map into one location, which is unrealistic and is one thing this grf is trying to avoid.

Ultimately, the intended solution if you really want to increase the capacity of an industry is to build a second industry alongside. At the moment though, this isn't quite working correctly - it needs some patch coding to get the industries to share the incoming products, and to link the industry acceptance to its tile acceptance.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

PikkaBird wrote:Ultimately, the intended solution if you really want to increase the capacity of an industry is to build a second industry alongside. At the moment though, this isn't quite working correctly - it needs some patch coding to get the industries to share the incoming products, and to link the industry acceptance to its tile acceptance.
Maybe there is another way to extend the industry, rather then building a second one along side, and thus save an industry ID in the process ?
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

2.31 is up. Sorry for the frequent updating, this should be the last version for a while as I'm going to concentrate on other things.

Changes: new graphics for the wooden mineral wagons, added a 2cc window band to the early passenger coaches, changed the armoured van to use the passenger colour scheme.

Industry changes: slight increase to the Factory's production rate (up from 50t/cargo/cycle to 66t/cargo/cycle) and stockpile capacity (up from 1200t to 2000t).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Funny...sometimes train engines are placed facing the wrong way. They'll still haul the train, but it just looks odd. How do you change the direction they face?
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Move them from one line to the next in the depot window.
It depends on what the standard direction should be if you have to hold the CTRL-key or not while doing that, IIRC.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Sell them and buyt them again :D The tank engines in this set are designed to run either way. I like seeing them run backwards personally, it looks cool.

Return to “Graphics Development”