UK Renewal Set - v3 1st of August 2006

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Labiosus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: UK Renewal Set - v3 1st of August 2006

Post by Labiosus »

colossal404 wrote:Modify the parameterts. Set the second parameter to 3 if you want to use the set in arctic.
So, if you don't want to change any other thing just write this to the parameters:
0 3 0
Don't forget the spacebars between the numbers.

Thanks for the help! I can now use all trains!!! :lol:

/Samme
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I know this a dig, but it seems like a bug. In the attached screenshot, my BR 'HST' will not obey the CC that I have given it. I presume it is classed as a DMU, so it should be Purple and Mauve, but instead remains green from my overall CC. Train 36 is an Intercity 125 from the 2CC Trains set, and is sporting the correct CC, so it is just this engine type it seems. Any thoughts?

[EDIT] Ok, I seem to have answered my own question. The BR 'HST' is classed as a Diesel Engine, not a DMU.
Attachments
Bigwig & Co., 9th Jan 1981.png
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by charityalbumman »

Hi Pikka,

Firstly I absolutely adore your work. This has to be the best addon mod for OpenTTD. The train sets available are well picked out and beautifully modelled. So a huge thank you and well done.

However there is something I find unfair, time consuming and unrealistic as a businessman when acquiring such fixed assets. This issue is with the freight rolling stock. I'll use an example to aid you out in understanding why I get annoyed and frustrated.

Scenario:

I was constructing a railway line loop for delivering Grain and Livestock. I worked out that the Tanker Wagon could hold more stock.
So I bought a full train worth of Tanker Wagons cost me a total of (£2,343 x 21 wagons = £49,203).
However it costs extra to upgrade these to accept livestock (an extra £1,860) ... so therefore the real total cost to purchase these brand new is £51,063.
Compared to buying the livestock vans brand new (21 x £1,406 = £29,526).

That's a difference of £21,537 (51,063 - 29,526) brand new.

Given that the Tanker wagon can carry more stock; in the longer run it's cheaper to have this compared with the livestock van. Yet I have to pay extra when buying these brand new. Granted if I had already purchased them and then wanted to upgrade them; I'd be happy to pay the extra cost to upgrade.

Yet I want to purchase the Tanker Wagon brand new but configured to livestock.

It seems unrealistic because in the real world e.g. An airline states on the order what configuration they want an aircraft to be upon delivery.

Could this be implemented in the future? For realism.

Thanks and I hope I made sense,
Pete 8)
Thanks for any help, Pete 8)
"Tea, coffee, meal and takeoff are all optional. Landing is mandatory!"
Click here to visit my Blog, Flight Sim and Train Sim web sites!
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

A tanker wagon... carrying livestock? Something's not right here... :?
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

It's pretending to be milk.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

supermop wrote:It's pretending to be milk.
I remember pikka reasoning that in the UK live cows have not been transported by rail since the year the last livestock car becomes obsolete so to allow us to not have to rip up our tracks and replace them with roads, he would simulate milk.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

Supercheese wrote:A tanker wagon... carrying livestock? Something's not right here... :?
When I select from the drop down list Livestock the tanker wagon appears so I tried it out and it stores 2 more than the livestock van so therefore seemed logical to order those as I said in my original post in the long run it turns out to be cheaper because you can transport more and therefore make that little bit more profit in one trip.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I found a bug!
The saddle tanker keeps playing it's running sounds once it has crashed. As far as I can tell, it is the only one to have the issue.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

Recently,

I've compiled a spreadsheet for this addon.

You can find it here.

Feel free to use the (select the entire sheet first) "Data > Sort Range ..." function to sort the data to help you decide for a specific cargo type.
e.g. Select the entire sheet first by select the cell A1, then press "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard.

Then go to "Data > Sort Range ...", tick the box "Data has header"

Then sort by "Goods" A-Z, then click add another sort column

Then by "Total Cost (£) and click on Sort.

The data will be sorted by Goods (ascending A-Z), then by the cheapest option (Total Cost ascending).
You can use it to help you select which stock to use on your train sets. The stock amount in the train set can be edited to help you calculate the overall cost (not including the locomotive).

I'll add the locomotives to it eventually on a separate sheet.
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

PikkaBird wrote:The current version of v3 is now available from the website. This version has much improved graphics over v2.3, a number of new freight wagons and locomotives, and support for the arctic/alpine climate.
Web site links are broken Pikka :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

charityalbumman wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:The current version of v3 is now available from the website. This version has much improved graphics over v2.3, a number of new freight wagons and locomotives, and support for the arctic/alpine climate.
Well, it has been a dozen years. Things do change eventually. Internet Archive to the rescue!
http://web.archive.org/web/200808082152 ... ttdp/ukrs/
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

kamnet wrote:
charityalbumman wrote:
Well, it has been a dozen years. Things do change eventually. Internet Archive to the rescue!
http://web.archive.org/web/200808082152 ... ttdp/ukrs/
Cool! Thank you!
PS: It maybe old but this is a great mod still :)

Return to “Graphics Development”