Canadian Stations Set: Updated 21/01/08 - v0.3d RELEASED!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Canadian Stations Set: Updated 21/01/08 - v0.3d RELEASED!

Post by OzTrans »

Artamir wrote:Can I still build a station once the years of availability have passed ? Is there a parameter for this ?
No, there is no parameter to continue having 'expired' stations available. Pacific Central disappears from the menu in 1945.

There is bit of a hack though. Save the game; clear an area for the new station; close construction menus; pause the game; then use the Year Cheat to set the date back to 1945 [cht: year 1945]; let the game run for one day; build your station; reset the date to where you left [cht: year 2000]. That should get you obsolete stations and they will still function as if they had been built earlier.

Is it desirable to have obsolete stations still available in later years ? Currently, I'm re-writing the Canadian Stations Set, so it could be added.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

If they could cost much much more money than usual, yes.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

I think a parameter should be placed to have all the station available... i personaly would like that, but i think many more can stations users too...

let us know :bow:

cheers
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

OzTransLtd wrote:Is it desirable to have obsolete stations still available in later years ?
IMO it is very desirable. My personal opinion: given the typical speed of the game, it is very hard to get the same amount of infrastructure built as was available at the same time in RL, especially in the early days of a game. And earliere one might focus more on getting some money tracks online than building eyecandy straight away.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

... parameter for obsolete stations ...
The new stations set will have a parameter to keep obsolete stations available for (re)construction. This is mainly for technical reasons; it can happen, that a station becomes invalid for many reasons, including players being a little bit careless with the dynamite tool. In this case, an obsolete station should be able to be rebuilt and it will be in the next version.

You may be interested to know that 1st generation stations can still be built after 1945 and already existing 1st gen stations upgraded to 2nd gen without demolishing them first; downgrading from 2nd to 1st is also possible provided the necessary sprites are available.
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

Have an idea when it will be available a release?
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
hYpe_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hYpe_ »

Just wanted to say thank you for this VERY nice set :bow:

Return to “Graphics Development”