Container Freight station and harbor

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

While going thru the repainting process, I realised that the trucks are too ordinary and common looking. If I was you, I'd ask George for permission, and filled the parking lots with his LV's.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Nah, I don't like LVs, thanks
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Sanchimaru wrote:Nah, I don't like LVs, thanks
same here. would be a damn shame if you used those. i really like the current truck graphics though.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

whatever... I'll probably be using czech trucks anyway for my version...

Progress so far:

(i decided to change the system how the parking lot is drawn, but it would require your cooperation, since in would need another set of sprites coded - to end the lot)
Attachments
harbourtest.png
harbourtest.png (25.97 KiB) Viewed 9856 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hey, looks nice!

As for the coding, Uzurpator volunteered for coding this one, but he told that he wouldn't have time for coding any more sets (I have still some japanese stations on hold over there)

You may ask him however, since he did the coding part, and if he's not quite busy now; he should be able to code it without many effort.
If he's not available, I don't know who could do it... I'm afraid that I have no idea about coding at all :(
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

well, this is how far we have got for now...

roadsprites completely redrawn, one warehouse's roof darkened. Trucks parking does not show trucks, I am waiting for new czech trucks, and I didn't want to waste time with replacing the animated parking, since the sprites are going to be completely redrawn anyway.

Now lets get to the issues - the set has not been oficialy released on our homepage yet, since I used grfwizard to open the set, and then again to close it, and I altered the graphics only, and not the GRF file, so it still says you are the authors of the set. I don't care about my part pretty much, so it would be fine with me to release it as it is, with a description of changes supplid with the file, but the question is, if you are OK with that
Attachments
harbourw_456.grf
(113.19 KiB) Downloaded 976 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Provide the file along with a readme that explains the matter and it should be fine. Mention that the graphics are originally mine, and that Oracle did the coding, and you replaced the sprites.

That should be fair enough for me. However, ask Oracle since he's also part of this.
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

just to make sure... so who did the coding? Uzurpator or Oracle?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

???

Oracle did the coding! I mistake people's names a lot, even when they have nothing to do... I mentioned Uzurpator instead of Oracle by mistake (maybe because both of them worked on the US set...) :oops:

But you can see in the GRF info itself and in the beginning of this thread that it was Oracle who coded it.
Tetris
Engineer
Engineer

Example save game

Post by Tetris »

Is there any example of a save-game how to use this harbour set and how it is working?

I really don't know what to place where to see some containers.

And does it only work for harbours or for all kind of places?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

its a station
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

@Tetris:

Some tiles: platforms, truck parkings and container non track platforms will get filled with containers when the station has cargo waiting.
To watch it, just put a station with any of these tiles near some producing industry and wait until the cargo begins piling. A well serviced factory should be the best option.

If you have installed the patch, once the GRF file is loaded in your "newgrf.cfg" you can choose it in the stations menu. There you can find track and non track tiles to create a station as you wish. The only purpose is decorative, it doesn't affect the game in any way.

You can find many station sets that work the same way in grfcrawler. Michael Blunck's passenger station also contain tiles that get filled with people waiting when there are a lot of passengers on them.
Just try a search and you'll find it.
Tetris
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks for the explanation

Post by Tetris »

Sanchimaru wrote:@Tetris:

Some tiles: platforms, truck parkings and container non track platforms will get filled with containers when the station has cargo waiting.
To watch it, just put a station with any of these tiles near some producing industry and wait until the cargo begins piling. A well serviced factory should be the best option.

If you have installed the patch, once the GRF file is loaded in your "newgrf.cfg" you can choose it in the stations menu. There you can find track and non track tiles to create a station as you wish. The only purpose is decorative, it doesn't affect the game in any way.

You can find many station sets that work the same way in grfcrawler. Michael Blunck's passenger station also contain tiles that get filled with people waiting when there are a lot of passengers on them.
Just try a search and you'll find it.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm on my way to try it out.
Lancelot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lancelot »

I've made this new dock using some of the Michael Blunck's graphics. Should I redraw something or can I release it now?
Last edited by Lancelot on 04 May 2006 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Lancelot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lancelot »

No right now I don't have it, but I believe I'll get it by the time of the release.

If not, I'll redraw it.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Lancelot wrote:No right now I don't have it, but I believe I'll get it by the time of the release.
If not, I'll redraw it.
Ok If I draw things then Ill ask before and then show to other people.
Lancelot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lancelot »

Well, maybe people have suggestions now, so I wouldn't sit doing nothing.

Maybe I'll just redraw it right now. Of course, it wouldn't be as good as it is now, but i'll try.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

While I don't intend to speak for Michael Blunck, many people on this forum know his views on people using or modifying his graphics in ways contrary to his copyright requests. You should probably redraw anything you copied from his site, as well as pull down that picture a few posts above of this one. :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”