Lithuanian Transportation Set (BETA)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Hmm thx for your help and i think you'll have some questions in the coming days WhiteHand. Wile renaming the site to Lithuanian Set is a good idea, as for KAMA3 data, well it's still to be decided if i go for realistic or semirealistic data.
For now mark it's stats as undefined :wink:
Oh and robot boy that's a great suggestion! i'll really consider it :)
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

So I'll make new table for road vehicles anyway?
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

sure go for it. I want to include some roadvehicles in this set.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

OK, I'll do that ASAP. :)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok i fixed kamaz so now it uses correct company colours.
I'll post a table of all updated sprites and pm you Wile with separate png's of them so you will have easier time updating the table.
EDIT:
Here is the updated sprites table:
Attachments
Sprite Table.PNG
Sprite Table.PNG (39.59 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Killer11,
I'm more than delighted to get to the forums after a week or so - to find your long awaited set get the first touches of coding! Congratulations, surely you've managed to start, and to bring life to your project - and that's not easy at all. I have also consulted the new Lithuanian Set website, only to find out you're going to include TU2 sometime in the future. I will be surely looking forward the release of this legendary locomotive. By the way, someone in the Czech community has drawn TU3 (T47), may be it should be included in your set as well.

On the "electric" M62: that's amazing! But there are even more amazing things in this world, like CHME3-s equipped with vibropantographs and even a military M62 on automobile chassis!

As for the future of the set, surely you could include more freight vagons, passenger cars, and multiple units.. May be some generic post-USSR solution, I think there are users from other countries that would be delighted to have ex-Soviet rolling stock for (O)TTD.

By the way, what would you think about a separate Lithuanian Set page in Russian? While xUSSR trainset is still under work, lots of users come and ask where to get some soviet rolling stock for TTDP&OpenTTD. I guess they would be rather happy to find your set, as the rolling stock you have now could be (and still can be) spotted in many places and countries, from the Baltic states, through Russia and far into Asia!

Good luck with your set!
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Thanks oleg and yes it would be nice if you made a translation of my site to russian after all the more people use the set the happier i am :wink:
And do you have any pictures of that military m62? it sounds really interesting :wink:
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Here's the photo link.
Some investigation has been carried online. It was found out that the photo is not a fake, that this unit was converted from DM62 with the unknown purpose (probably, to store some equipment, or to act as a portable power station). The experiment wasn't successful, and after a short time the converted M62 was abandoned. The traditional jokes on the subject include the question of the mechanism's being able to get a number plate and undergo a technical check by the road police.

I don't think I will be able to provide a translation for the whole site, yet I would suggest making a kind of readme file with the list of the rolling stock and some instructions. The set could be additionally hosted at ttdrussia.net if you like. I'm also going to include some basic project information in the next issue of ttdrussia mailing list.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

You know that thing just gave me a reason to model M62 for Carmageddon 2 now that's what i call an overkill car :twisted:
Anyway if you want you can do the readme and about hosting, well you'll have to wait till i release dBeta that will feature better quality in both coding and especialy drawing wise and it is not too far away :wink:
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Well, the topic suggests also adapting M62 to GTA and NFS games, because both will get immensely improved game dynamics :) Anyway, I have done a bit of testing, I liked the look of M62 head and of the D1 unit. But as far as TEM1 is concerned, somehow it seems that it looks better in the purchase list than in the game itself. Maybe it will be good in Subarctic though.
P.S. of course I'm not an artist, and I don't try to critisize anything, it's just the first impression that might help to improve the set.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Yup i agree currently Tem-2 is abit different compared to others but still blends in quite well but if it is necesary then it will recieve 3rd redraw making it the engine that had by far the most attention from me :wink:

And you know M62 wouldn't feel well in either GTA or NFS becouse nfs is a racing game and i bet M62 would be too slow to compete and well lets be honest GTA is just bad ad damage model, it's all premodeled so having a superheavy uberpowerful car won't make damage more excesive so i prefer Carmageddon 2 eventough it is old it is actualy the most easiest modable car racing game i ever known and it has real time damage system so that means if it's heavy and it slams stuff it will just pulverize other vehicles i sense lots of flatened and bended vehicles you know :wink:
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

Hi Killer 11, excellent KAMAZ, whether would like it will learn in other variants? And also can you will make MAZ and ZIL :)
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ya know i considered MAZ when i saw MAZ crane passing trough the town today and i think i can do it, oh and no, i repeat no post soviet country truck set should exist without ZIL in it i just love the truck(one ZIL crane worked near our school it was repainted and fixed up one it was way cool)
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

About TEM3: why redraw it from scratch? May be just make its color different from that of the surrounding grass? Oh well, I know the number of variants is very limited, anyway in the purchase list it looks IMHO just fine (i.e. on the grey background). And besides, there were also a lot of TEM3 in blue livery, may be that would be a solution?
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

The liveries will be random and i dunno it is just easier for me to redraw it from scratch then to fix it at this state, oh and also it is TEM-2 :wink:
EDIT:
Webiste has been updated Thanks to Wile and i set it as my website on my forums profile so if you want to go there just klick my WWW button :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ey dude, you didn't include the AR2 railbus I drew ages ago...
Attachments
Lithuania_DMU AR 2 railbus.png
Lithuania_DMU AR 2 railbus.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

oh damn totaly forgot these thingys thanks for the sprites i'll code it right away :wink:
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Killer11, back in 2005 Akalamanaia offered his small set of passenger cars to be included in xUSSR trainset. Though rejected by the set team for not corresponding to George's scale, these cars do seem to fit nicely to your set - perhaps as livery overrides? His work can be seen here: http://forums.ttdrussia.net/viewtopic.php?p=1391#1391
And an example:
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Well they look nice but theyre russian and all our passenger and mail wagons were repainted to cream/red colours already, but i will look at them and if they're good templates i'll redraw and include them, though i believe it would be easier for me to just edit D1 passenger cars into mail and passenger cars of non dmu locomotives
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

OK, thanks for the info. One of these cars is named "Russian international", so I thought it would be acceptable for you too. Besides, I wondered if you might want to reflect the modern state only or some history too. Good luck with your set :)

Return to “Graphics Development”