bridge gfx newgrf feature request

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

bridge gfx newgrf feature request

Post by thgergo »

Now its possible to alter the bridges any way I want, change the sprite order, change the names, speed, length, except I couldnt make a solution to replace the graphic in the bridge building dialog. Yes, its possible to swap the sprites through Action A, but having different gfx for each cantilever bridge is seems to be impossible. So, will the OTTD/ttdpatch developers provide a newgrf feature to change the sprite, what is displayed on the bridge purchase dialog? (For example add an extra properity for bridges, let say bridge properity 13 should be a spritenumber, the next unused number, which points to a sprite what should be displayed on the purchase dialog)
Also, will be extending the number of maximum bridges someday with newgrf? I`d be happy to include more shiny bridges for my bridgeset, (a wooden bridge for example).
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: bridge gfx newgrf feature request

Post by DaleStan »

I doubt I'm going to touch bridges any further; much more than the current strength wants 1/2/3 support, and I don't want to think about the work that would be. I also don't want to conflict with newroutes. Maybe if Lakie or Oskar show up and comment on what would and wouldn't conflict with newroutes, but definitely not before then.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Why, is the NewRoutes project still alive? Nothing has been posted around here for ages...
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

As I don't spend much time for TTDPatch I doubt there will be any progress... Note it's possible to write own sprite layouts, but TTD does recoloring... (And this means most topics are found by accident... )
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Expanding the number of bridges is possible in Open. There just need to be sure it would not affect TTDP.
Plus, maybe a better mechanism should be put in place, since there will need to be some substitute/override pattern.

As for the sprite stuff, maybe there is a better solution than Action 05
Action 05 could be interesting to play with. Talking about purchase icon, right now...
Action 1/2/3 is something a bit big to work on, not really a priority for now.
Not that it does not mean it will never be done, just .. not now :)
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

eis_os wrote:As I don't spend much time for TTDPatch I doubt there will be any progress... Note it's possible to write own sprite layouts, but TTD does recoloring... (And this means most topics are found by accident... )
I see... any chance we can ever see NewRoutes on OTTD?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here

Return to “Graphics Development”