[Released] CsRailSet v1.0 (12/10/2006)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

Tycoonez, we have a problem. The grf says that it requiers the unifonts v0.8 or greater, I have v0.9. Why is that?
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Jezulkim wrote:Tycoonez, we have a problem. The grf says that it requiers the unifonts v0.8 or greater, I have v0.9. Why is that?
Please elaborate. Is it complaining when you load an old saved game/scenario?

In that case, save the game/scenario with the unifont activated and quit TTD (all the way to Windows/DOS/whatever). Start it again, load the game/scenario right away. Now you should be able to activate the railset without problems.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i'm using the OTTD version and there's no problems, except maybe that MB's stations and Pikka's stone bridge aren't supported.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

astath wrote:i'm using the OTTD version and there's no problems
Yup, that version should be fine, other than the fact that the southern tunnel portals are displayed with an incorrect traction sprite (but that's an OTTD issue, I'm preparing a bug report for that).
astath wrote:except maybe that MB's stations
Nothing we can do about that, sorry.
astath wrote:and Pikka's stone bridge aren't supported.
Only the original are supported in this set. The new version of CsRoadSet that's in the works now will include new bridges that will be compatible with the rails.

Of course, any bridge set authors (or road set authors for crossings) that would like to make their sets compatible with ours are welcome to contact us.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

well, the problem lies probably with MB's stations itself. all other stations have no problem with 'em at all, so it's the stations that aren't compatible with non-default rails instead of vice versa.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

MB's station set has track tiles coded into it, so it probably overwrites those custom railways in some way. Tho, if it's done with an Action-A (which I think is not), putting the grfs in another order (e.g., the railset after MB's stations) should work.

At least, AFAICT.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Jezulkim
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Jezulkim »

minime wrote:
Jezulkim wrote:Tycoonez, we have a problem. The grf says that it requiers the unifonts v0.8 or greater, I have v0.9. Why is that?
Please elaborate. Is it complaining when you load an old saved game/scenario?
It happened in all situations, when loading a saved game and starting a new game. Anyways, your advice helped me to fix this problem, thanks.
In order to protect the visitors of this site,
TTO Full Conversion!
This post has been lol 1337 times.
F/A18
Engineer
Engineer

Post by F/A18 »

For minime: I have a trouble with tycoonez. It's "stránku nelze zobrazit".
I dont know,where I download this set. Can you help me?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

[foreign track tiles]

> well, the problem lies probably with MB's stations itself.
Purno wrote:MB's station set has track tiles coded into it, so it probably overwrites those custom railways in some way. Tho, if it's done with an Action-A (which I think is not), putting the grfs in another order (e.g., the railset after MB's stations) should work.
Correct. As discussed many times on this forums. The reason is that I need to do this for elaborate freight stations because of sprite sorter issues. Although it wouldn´t be needed for the already released versions, I think it´d be unhandy to have to maintain two different versions in the future.

And no, it´s not done via an action 0A (aka "just for fun"): groundsprites are built into the station´s sprite blocks and can´t be "overwritten" by a different .grf loading order.

> Nothing we can do about that, sorry.

I had written a mail to "mij" months ago but never got an answer about a possible joint action on this issue.

regards
Michael
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

actually the bridges in this set don't work in OTTD.

minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Astath: I think a few more details might help...
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i'll do you a screenshot later, but it shows the front like the new bridge and the back like the old one.

Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

michael blunck wrote:[foreign track tiles]

> well, the problem lies probably with MB's stations itself.
Purno wrote:MB's station set has track tiles coded into it, so it probably overwrites those custom railways in some way. Tho, if it's done with an Action-A (which I think is not), putting the grfs in another order (e.g., the railset after MB's stations) should work.
Correct. As discussed many times on this forums. The reason is that I need to do this for elaborate freight stations because of sprite sorter issues. Although it wouldn´t be needed for the already released versions, I think it´d be unhandy to have to maintain two different versions in the future.

And no, it´s not done via an action 0A (aka "just for fun"): groundsprites are built into the station´s sprite blocks and can´t be "overwritten" by a different .grf loading order.

> Nothing we can do about that, sorry.

I had written a mail to "mij" months ago but never got an answer about a possible joint action on this issue.

regards
Michael
Hello Michael,
the reseult of our cooperation is from my had... I don't understand your curious system of coding your station... If i support your coding system and send you our railset sprites, you are coded it??? And what's happen if we (Tycoonez.com:munity) release new graphic version??? You will be good and release new version of Stationset??? It's stupid mechanism.... Sorry... We in Tycoonez.com:munity are drawing and coding sets maximal compatible with other sets... Please, can you try thinking about it??? It's for all...
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

astath wrote:i'll do you a screenshot later, but it shows the front like the new bridge and the back like the old one.
That describes it pretty well, now just the version of OTTD you're using and a listing of the section of your config that determines which GRF files are loaded...
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

t'was my previous config, so i'll try and get it back...

here it is, version is r7122 MiniIN:

Code: Select all

[newgrf]
#/newgrf/cargosetw.grf
/newgrf/CzRoadSetw.grf
/newgrf/csrailseto.grf
#/newgrf/dbsetxlw.grf
/newgrf/newcargow.grf
/newgrf/newstatsw.grf
/newgrf/pb_ukrs.grf
#/newgrf/pb_viaduct.grf
/newgrf/harbourw.grf
#/newgrf/pb_nars.grf
#/newgrf/ussetw.grf
/newgrf/usstatsw.grf
/newgrf/jcindstaw.grf
/newgrf/canstnw.grf
/newgrf/jstatsw.grf
/newgrf/japstatw.grf
/newgrf/citystationsw.grf
/newgrf/suburbanw.grf
/newgrf/ruralw.grf
/newgrf/platformsw.grf
/newgrf/modernsuburbanw.grf
/newgrf/brickfreightw.grf
#/newgrf/TTRS3w.grf
/newgrf/ussigzw.grf
/newgrf/ukrsap1w.grf
/newgrf/pb_av8w.grf
#/newgrf/nswrsw.GRF
#/newgrf/auslandw.GRF
#/newgrf/usroadsw.grf
attached screenies:
Attachments
Picture 2.png (259.03 KiB) Viewed 5186 times
Mutti-Ho Logistics, 8th Oct 1996.png
(202.52 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Ok, that's because you have the railset with a higher priority than a set that contains new bridges (in this case the czech roadset) -- that is incorrect, as the attached documentation states.

Unfortunately, a new version of roadset with updated bridges containing our rails is still in the works. At the moment, your only option is to cope with incorrect tracks on the bridge.
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmm, i'll expect i'll get by until then. thanks for the support.

Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

I know this is big diggage BUT Ive only recently tried the Czech railset myself.
As Im a bit follower of MBs awesome NewStations, Im wondering if anything actually came about in terms of compatibility?
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Ben_K wrote:As Im a bit follower of MBs awesome NewStations, Im wondering if anything actually came about in terms of compatibility?
An agreement of cooperation.

However, since Michael has been busy with other things, you will still need to wait for a new release of his station set.
Image Image Image
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

minime wrote:However, since Michael has been busy with other things, you will still need to wait for a new release of his station set.
Yes, that´s true. Although development for the next NewStations release has been progressed quite nicely, there´s yet some other stuff which got priority ATM:

1 Oskar´s rivers
2 DB Set v0.9

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Development”