[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Valle wrote: 17 Mar 2019 17:59 With what I'd expect to be the Dr14 and oldest Dr12s on the chopping block with the first batch of 60 units, I wonder whether this could lead to a shift of the Dr16 towards a passenger train focus in their late service life. That said, I am not sure if there are a lot of passenger services on unelectrified Finnish railways allowing 140 km/h where there is also enough demand to justify locomotive-hauled operation in general. Are you aware of any?
Dr14 and Dr16 have useful life left. Older Dv12's will be retired (Dr12's were retired on 1990).

Locomotives of night trains from Helsinki to Kolari are switched to diesels at Oulu, and infrastructrure Oulu-Kemi(not Kemi-Tornio-Kolari) allows, for some part, 140 km/h running speeds, under catenary. Regular use there, at 140 km/h with consist that allows it. Train consist does not always allow 140 km/h because of train weight and length limiting speeds to 120 km/h. Also rare occasions ( http://vaunut.org/kuva/130700 ) of having electric locomotives not available and just diesels, or other reasons like broken catenary, afaik Dr16 does not have other regular 140 km/h use. Not even by light running locomotive, because current regulations limit light running locomotives to speed of 120 km/h.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Oops - I see there was a mix-up on my side. I meant to refer to the Dv12 there, not to the long-gone Huru.

Thanks for explaining the circumstances of Diesel-powered 140 km/h operation in Finland - wow, I did not think it was such a rare occurrence (and that there is such little unelectrified infrastructure to support it). Setting a general speed limit for running light sounds plausible to me, given that a light-running locomotive has a pretty long braking distance when its high specific weight is only getting braked by its own axles.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Valle wrote: 11 Oct 2019 15:06 Thanks for explaining the circumstances of Diesel-powered 140 km/h operation in Finland - wow, I did not think it was such a rare occurrence (and that there is such little unelectrified infrastructure to support it).
Actually, Oulu-Kemi is electified. Afaik there's no unelectrified track in Finland which would allow over 120 km/h speeds.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

There is now a new release 0.6.1 available, see release thread: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=66149&p=1226281#p1226281

Edit: Hotfix for accurate translations, wagon cargoes and etc, 0.6.3, soon available trough BaNaNaS.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Wow, nice! I thought this project died years ago since DevZone didn't get any updates.
sprinter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sprinter »

Looks like older car carrier Gfot is missing on v0.6.4. I hope there is still further development going on. However extremely cool set.

Return to “Graphics Development”