[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Aren't there any Finnish train-fans on this forum which have pictures of their own we can use? And perhaps there are some images at http://www.railfaneurope.net which can be used?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well according to the info i received atleast one photographer from vaunut.org is willing to give us photos, i just have to confirm it.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, that sounds like a good thing.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Confirmed, Antti Havukainen from vaunut.org allows you to use his pictures.

I will also ask quite a few others for permissions in the coming days so DanMacK can get the tracking table back up, with photos.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I've been working on a few more locos here, as well as trying to figure out a freight wagon scheme.

Below is a TV1 2-8-0, a VR1 0-6-0T in green, as well as some in-progress locos. The SV1 is based on the DR16 (which was initially by Juzza), the other locos have been redrawn from scratch. The Dm12 is new.
Attachments
Some In-Progress locomotives
Some In-Progress locomotives
FTSLocoProgress.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Green VR1
Green VR1
VR1Green.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
TV1 2-8-0
TV1 2-8-0
TV1.png (6.39 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Thanks, DanMacK, will try to get these coded whilist trying to conform to my tight time schedule.

Just wondering really, how do you want the green livery to be used?
Based of what it's pulling, random (or refitable livery)?

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Sorry for the Double post.

But I thought I might as well post a progress update.
See below for ingame...

Currently it works on a random when bought. (Only tempary to test the livery)
I also decided that it should be shortened by 1/8 (length of 7/8), changed the sprites so it would look ok(ish) ingame.

Any comments anyone?

~ Lakie
Attachments
Vr1.png
Vr1.png (61.04 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Dan, Lakie, you guys make one hell-uva-good-team! That screenie looks really good!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, i've must have forgotten something, DanMack, are you now completely redoing engines I had done?
Image Image
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The SR1 pantographs weren't correct, and the loco itself sat a little too high. Same with the SR2. Plus, TBH, they're not up to your current standard of drawing. They're almost 2 years old, and comparing them to your new sprites, the difference shows (Kinda like the DR13 ;))

The pantographs for the SR1 and SR2 needed major overhauls though, so in the process I'm tweaking a few more things.

I'm still crediting you with the original sprite though because logo elements from yours are being used :P
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Heh, in the red/yellow version of the Sr1 the small windows are 1 pixel higher than in the white/red version..
Last edited by Villem on 06 Nov 2005 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DanMacK, hmmmz... okies. But I can remember I liked my SR1 a lot when I just drew it :D

btw, yours look awesome too!
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Actually the Sr1 comes from about January of this year DanMacK.
It was done just before the taster, from what I remember.

As for the Sr2, I'm not sure when that was done, definatly some time last year.
Wasn't the Dr13 revised by DanMacK though, I think the Dr15 is about the newest thing from Purno in the set (and thats from summer)?

As for progress on the nfo side of the set, very very slow. ;)

~ Lakie
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Progress?

Post by Lakie »

Hi,

Little progress update, really. (Trying to keep the thread interesting, and stop it from dieing. :x)

Changes Since last Report on the Engine Side of the Set.
  • Added: Hv3, Tv1, Tk3, Hr1, Tr1 and Tr2 (with their repective tenders).
  • Added: Custom Buy list images (each 58px) of currently coded trains, this is to make them centrally aligned in the list.
  • Fixed: Alignment issues with the Vr1.
  • Fixed: Vr1 not being randomised when bought as a second unit (Multihead).
  • Changed: Vr1 being 7/8 (28px) to 6/8 (24px), which should make it look better ingame.
  • Changed: The ordering of the buy list to suit the introduction dates of the vehicles.
  • Changed: The lengths of Hv3, Tv1 and Tk3 from 8/8 (32px) to 7/8 (28px).
Currently the Alignments on both the trains and wagons are tempary. And will be changed until the trains look correct to me.
The prices and lifespans of the vehicles is also subject to change. Almost all of them are tempary until DanMacK can give me the new list.
Also, please note, that although it doesn't seem to be shown in the screenshot, there are 'Best Suited To: <Service Type>' lines for each of the currently coded trains.

Other planned changes include, coding AI to use the currently coded trains correctly.

I'm also currently waiting for revised graphics of the Wooden Coachs and Mail Vans, DanMacK, has promised me.
Once thats recieved along with the aforementioned list of prices, lifetimes and dates.
I will left our beta testers have something to play with (obivously hoping that all bugs will be found and destroyed :D).

Side Notes
The Depot in the screenshot is not the same normal TTD(patch), it has had several fixes to it based around shortened vehicles which are unique to my patch build.
Also I have yet to remove Stock TTD vehicles from the buy lists.

Hope that sparks some interest back up,
~ Lakie
Attachments
SteamTrains.png
SteamTrains.png (222.59 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Looking good Lakie! Allow me to wink a lot and mumble beta progress :)).

Awesome mate, can't wait to try this out!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Keep up the great work, Lakie! :!:
Image Image
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Revised SR2 - Credit goes to Purno and myself
Attachments
SR2
SR2
SR2.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 5358 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

H-h-h-holy train! That looks good. :shock:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Very Nice,

Shame, that it's on the next 'phase' of my coding list.
Maybe I need to rejugle my coding phases.

Although, College work is now turning into revision which will eat up my time more heavily.
DanMacK: Just wondering do you want to make a Company Colours Version (Or Dual Company Colour Version for that case), for people like me, who like Company Colours. :D

~ Lakie
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Lakie wrote: DanMacK: Just wondering do you want to make a Company Colours Version (Or Dual Company Colour Version for that case), for people like me, who like Company Colours. :D

~ Lakie
/me pencils that in for sometime in 2007 ;)

On another note, have an SR1 - Again, credit is myself and Purno (Redrew the broadside and tweaked his verticals and diagonals)
Attachments
SR1 White/Red Livery
SR1 White/Red Livery
SR1White.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 5318 times

Return to “Graphics Development”