[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Browsing through the thread, i noticed on the frontpage you listed the Sv1 as a locomotive that would come out at 1968, that would be 12 years ahead of the actual date.

Sv1 should come out at 1980, and should get obsoleted at 1984.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Oopsie, will change that
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

Purno wrote: ...
Quite hard, actually <-- that's a link
Luckily, I'm a quick learner :D
Well, lets get to it then... *surf away*
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Good luck! :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I don't mind answering questions or giving help to help you learn.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

One question that inevitably comes to mind, could I have the latest grf? :)
And also whats done and under construction? (done reading now, lets try and actually do something :P )
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Lol, I doubt it. I drafted beta testers of which some have the latest and others don't. :x
As for whats done, almost all the steam trains and early freight.
The rest is on my (rathar long) todo list and will be completed when I get enough free time to code. :(

If your after a few stray trains to code for me, I don't know... :shock:
I'd reconmend you code a test grf first (using some plain TTD graphics or something) just to make sure you grasp the basic concepts of things like callbacks etc. first though.

*goes to look for DanMacK*

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Glad to see you wanting to code MadFrog, but as it stands, we've already got an awesome coder :D I'm sure there's other sets that could use a coder. In the meantime, just sit back, relax, and wait for the next version of the set.

I'm working on getting the freight cars done, but my other projects are taking precedence. I want to get Ver 0.3 of the Canadian set out, then I'll go back and work on the remainder of the FTS wagons.
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

DanMacK wrote: ..
In the meantime, just sit back, relax, and wait for the next version of the set.
Ok, can do :wink: ... Ill just have to train with some of those cool locos I found.
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

Hah, piece of cake. Here's my brand new graphics for SH 125:
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (52.02 KiB) Viewed 5769 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Hmm.... that looks strange...
You might need to try changing he graphic pointers (first 2 numbers after the filename, of a sprite defination) to map to the sprites.

My first train (2CC livery added more resontly)...
(I was lazy and used old TTD graphics)

~ Lakie
Attachments
First Train.png
First Train.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 5749 times
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

I think so too. Also the palette might be a bit off 8)
Hairysteed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hairysteed »

I'm absolutely without words after having seen all the work done for this trainset! Simply top quality! Looks awfully familiar ;) I just can't wait to try it out once it's released. I sure hope it'll be compatible with OpenTTD
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

To be honest Kairysteed, I'm not going to push for OpenTTD support over TTDpatch support.
I'm not sure how OpenTTD's newgrf support is going, but if it does work in OpenTTD, it's a bonus! :D

~ Lakie
Hairysteed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hairysteed »

A little feedback on the double-decker Ed coaches' details. The top windows need to be higher up. As you can see from the photograph they're well up in the gray area, which by the way lines up at the same height with the single-deckers (and Sr1/Sr2:s for that matter), while the bottom windows are almost touching the dark gray bottom area. The middle windows at the end of the coaches line up with the single-deckers' windows.

Oh... and while I'm at it:
How is the S220 pendolino supposed to be purchased in the game, since in real life they always come in 6-wagon units, that can be combined to form 12, 18, 24 ect. wagons.

I would also like to suggest including nicknames into the vehicles' designations for easier identification. Example:

Dv12 "Deeveri"
Hr12/Dr12 "Huru"
Dr13 "Alsthom"
Dr14 "Seepra"
Dr16 "Iso Vaalee"
Sr1 "Siperian Susi"
Sr2 "Alppiruusu"
Sm1 "Sami"
Sm3 "Pendolino"
Sm4 "Pupu"
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Interesting, never noticed that the top half of the bi-levels is grey. That will be remedied on the new sprites
Hairysteed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hairysteed »

Hmm... just thought of something. It might be tempting for a player to use double-deckers in a Pendolino (or any other EMU/DMU for that matter) for extra capacity.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Hairysteed,

You know much about freight stock? We're looking for info on 40's-60's stock and there's little info to be found.
Hairysteed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hairysteed »

Sorry... I only know about modern equipment... I'll let you know If I can get my hands on some info.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Finally, some progress - a 1940-60 era Gb series van. Livestock version is in the works, as are the rest of the wagons. Stay Tuned
Attachments
GbVan1.png
GbVan1.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 5002 times

Return to “Graphics Development”