[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Post by arikover »

kyosuke1989 wrote:Well, it's the car carrier wagon, that has 230V 50 Hz sockets for passenger cars.

Because of cold climate in Finland, usually there is heater element of about 1000W installed on car engines. So it's motor warming device for pre-heating on -10 degrees Celsius downwards.
I didn't imagine that one. Those are quite well-equipped wagons indeed!

Thanks for the quick answer!
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

arikover wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:Well, it's the car carrier wagon, that has 230V 50 Hz sockets for passenger cars.

Because of cold climate in Finland, usually there is heater element of about 1000W installed on car engines. So it's motor warming device for pre-heating on -10 degrees Celsius downwards.
I didn't imagine that one. Those are quite well-equipped wagons indeed!

Thanks for the quick answer!
No problem :)

Off-topic: There is a cable for between pre-heating device and socket. Usually pre-heating is used at on resident/workplace parking areas, which do have permanently mounted lockable socket enclosings like this http://www.taloon.com/pihakeskus-piha-2 ... Group=5856

Heater element itself is located on engine cooling system or sometimes directly at the engine block.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Speaking of these Hccmqqr wagons: aren't they a bit light at 20 tons empty? [v0.5.8]

If google translate got that right, the wikipedia article claims the maximum axle load to be 20 tons while they weigh 44 tons. http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hccmqqr

This train set is one of my favourites, by the way. Well done, keep it up!
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Valle wrote:Speaking of these Hccmqqr wagons: aren't they a bit light at 20 tons empty? [v0.5.8]

If google translate got that right, the wikipedia article claims the maximum axle load to be 20 tons while they weigh 44 tons. http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hccmqqr
Maximum axle load is 20 tons, and the wagon has 1'1'+1'1' axle order, it's double wagon.

That allows 80 tons total wagon weight... Maximum car weight for one car is 3 tons, and there is 12 "slots" for cars, that does +36 tons for full load of cars.

So, unloaded weight 44 tons and fully loaded weight 80 tons.
Valle wrote:This train set is one of my favourites, by the way. Well done, keep it up!
Thanks, we'll do :)
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

kyosuke1989 wrote:
Valle wrote:Speaking of these Hccmqqr wagons: aren't they a bit light at 20 tons empty? [v0.5.8]

Maximum axle load is 20 tons, and the wagon has 1'1'+1'1' axle order, it's double wagon.

That allows 80 tons total wagon weight... Maximum car weight for one car is 3 tons, and there is 12 "slots" for cars, that does +36 tons for full load of cars.

Yep, that's what I understood the wikipedia article to say. In v0.5.8 of your set, however, its empty weight is only 20 tons. Could you fix that with the next version, please?
Attachments
Hccmqqr.png
Hccmqqr.png (16.3 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Valle wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:

Yep, that's what I understood the wikipedia article to say. In v0.5.8 of your set, however, its empty weight is only 20 tons. Could you fix that with the next version, please?
I'll add that to fix-list.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

what i think happens is that you set the weight to 20 for each individual part, but the specs say that weight for articulated parts is ignored ("should be 0"), so the first part must give the weight for the whole consist. (you should also make sure (via callbacks) that articulated parts actually return 0, otherwise you get the reverse problem should weight for articulated parts at some point be added)
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Good news: Actually, since now there is 1.5.0 beta version floating around, large (4096x4096) and precise (255 height levels, does not actually help) heightmap scenarios can be generated. Good news for making proper Finnish scenario, and more of that coming:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=70846
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=69007

I'll look to it if i have some spare time.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hey guys! A question please. I've been translating this set on the webtranslator on Croatian and Italian but now I see a "No access" on my account there. Is there a problem? :?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Seem the source is being worked on, a few days ago the downlod (from the build server) was 22+mb yesterdays was 14kb. Also seems if eints was disabled: https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/fi ... e0a42c8e3a
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Translations are currently disabled while the new codebase is being worked on, because many string names will change. I will update the old translations to the new "specs" and re-enable eints soon(™).
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Voyager One wrote:Hey guys! A question please. I've been translating this set on the webtranslator on Croatian and Italian but now I see a "No access" on my account there. Is there a problem? :?
Actually, many Italian strings there (along with other projects) are a bit inaccurate and would require fixing. How can I do that?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Not, until juzza1 re-enables the translator as he disabled it (see post above yours)
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Alberth wrote:Not, until juzza1 re-enables the translator as he disabled it (see post above yours)
Thanks! Since my inquiry is more generic (I can't see any "Start fixing" option close to my language in any project, not just this set, despite my being a registered translator) I posted my inquiry on the Webtranslator topic. :)
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

And it got answered already I saw :)
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Snail wrote:
Alberth wrote:Not, until juzza1 re-enables the translator as he disabled it (see post above yours)
Thanks! Since my inquiry is more generic (I can't see any "Start fixing" option close to my language in any project, not just this set, despite my being a registered translator) I posted my inquiry on the Webtranslator topic. :)
That's also maybe because I've been translating most things lately... :lol: ...too much free time... :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Voyager One wrote:That's also maybe because I've been translating most things lately... :lol: ...too much free time... :lol:
OMG. This means I'll have to check them all :D
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

OK, I'm not that bad in Italian... :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
WLK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WLK »

Hello,

I have tried (after a longer time of not-playing) the latest nightly from devzone but no waggons appear in the buy menu. Is that intended? Thanks
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

WLK wrote:Hello,

I have tried (after a longer time of not-playing) the latest nightly from devzone but no waggons appear in the buy menu. Is that intended? Thanks
The latest on the devzone is being worked on. As been reported a bit higher up in the page. Try the one from here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/finnisht ... 1/?C=M&O=D

Return to “Graphics Development”