[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

More In-Progress stuff - DM7 variants (tweaked to 7/8 ) and wooden coach variants.
Attachments
DM7 Variants
DM7 Variants
DM7Varaints.gif (2.59 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
FTS Wooden Coach
FTS Wooden Coach
FTSWoodenCoaches.gif (5.13 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
Last edited by DanMacK on 09 Dec 2005 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Looks very nice, DanMacK.
Don't worry about when you get them to me, take your time and make them look very good. (Like always).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

How about these? This should give a functional base for a beta version The lounge, diner, and sleeper as well as the orange Po are merely eye candy.

Time to get on the DM7
Attachments
Armoured Car, Coach and Po Class Mail (Brown)
Armoured Car, Coach and Po Class Mail (Brown)
WoodenCoach.png (9.15 KiB) Viewed 5067 times
maley123
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maley123 »

very nice!!!

but how about putting a 50 mph speed limit on those wagons because if you go fast with wooden coached they would break apart X(
leader of a Maley's Deluxe Railset
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Thanks

Trains routinely ran with wooden coaches over 100MPH, having them break apart isn't a problem
maley123
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maley123 »

ok
i didn't no that :shock:
anyway
maybe animate it to get cracks in the wood :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Whoa, DanMacK, have you been redoing some trains I once drew? Looks nice!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I had a couple requests to tweak them ;) As always, they still remain yours and mine.

On another note, here are some slightly revised costs and availablility dates for steam locos (Still need to figure out the diesels)

VR1
Purchase Cost: $18,000
Running Cost: $7,500/yr
Available: 1921 - 1950

HV3
Purchase Cost: $35,000
Running Cost: $15,500/yr
Available: 1921-1955

TV1
Purchase Cost: $36,700
Running Cost: 14,250/yr
Available: 1921-1955

TK3
Purchase Cost: $32,000
Running Cost: $12,500/yr
Available: 1927-1960

HR1
Purchase Cost: $55,000
Running Cost: $20,000/yr
Available: 1937-1965

TR1
Purchase Cost: $45,000
Running Cost: $18,000/yr
Available: 1940-1965

TR2 - Purchase Cost: $60,000
Running Cost: $20,000/yr
Available: 1946-1965
MadFrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MadFrog »

I thought about starting Finnish set myself, but apparently it was already in progress and now in good hands. I even made a tracker table for it and all... But no problem, this makes it up to see them already drawn. Very nice indeed! Hope you get the tracker table up and all this fuss with pictures settled.

ps. those old local trains look just awesome ! =)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Thanks MadFrog :D Good to have another Finnish person aboard.

We can always use help in tracking down information, esp. on 1950's era freight wagons. I swear, I've learned more about Finnish trains in the last year than I ever thought possible :D

I was thinking re: the DM8, according to all photos I've seen, it's a 3-unit set. Would it not be possible to code it as such?
maley123
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maley123 »

just wondering are you gonna include a dm1
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Thanks DanMacK.
I'll hopefully have most of the steam and early freight coded by christmas, possibly even more.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

maley123 wrote:just wondering are you gonna include a dm1
A DS1 is planned and will be available from 1928 on
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

MadFrog wrote:I thought about starting Finnish set myself, but apparently it was already in progress and now in good hands. I even made a tracker table for it and all... But no problem, this makes it up to see them already drawn. Very nice indeed! Hope you get the tracker table up and all this fuss with pictures settled.

ps. those old local trains look just awesome ! =)
Would you perhaps be able to help? :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

DanMacK wrote:More In-Progress stuff - DM7 variants (tweaked to 7/8) and wooden coach variants.
Ooh, that looks very nice, though wich Dm7 trailer will carry food?
And the Geoab is better variant for goods as it got 2 loading doors on both sides of the train imo.

MadFrog, im wondering how you could have missed this set all this time :D

Maley, it would be better if you leave speedlimit commenting to those who actually know things about finnish railways.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Here's the revised Dm7/DmG7 and trailers. Credit goes to Purno for the original sprite.

I'd recommend 2 ID's for this, one for the driver's cab (Dm7/DmG7) and one for the various trailer refits. The trailers would only be usable behind the Dm7 and would not be compatible w/anything else. I'd also recommend not having continuous power, but having the set require more driving cabs.
Attachments
Dm7 and trailers
Dm7 and trailers
DM7Sprite.png (8.69 KiB) Viewed 4961 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Hmm... at this rate you're going to make me look so slow at coding.
Umm.... *Reschedules the homework and coding* :lol:

Nice work btw, should be interesting to see how this works out.

~ Lakie
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Akalamanaia and I were discussing a few options for replacing the gold mine in Arctic. Aggregates and sand are large comodities, so we were thinking of replacing the gold mine =>Bank chain with a Sand Pit + Limestone Quarry =>Cement Plant =>Factory(Could either be Cement or goods as a finished product)

The gold mine will function as a sand pit ATM, and all that's needed is the cement plant, limestone pit and corresponding trucks/wagons.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

And im still hunting statistics related to those wagons..
like intorduction dates.

Though im gona be a bit busy for next few days as i just moved to a new apartment.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Here's the planned scheme for the 1945-1975 era wagons. Once again, it may not be entirely accurate, but this is merely to get the beta off the ground. It can be tweaked as we get more info
Attachments
Wagons for 1945-1970
Wagons for 1945-1970
FTSWagonsEra2.png (8.68 KiB) Viewed 4885 times

Return to “Graphics Development”