[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [WIP] Finnish Trainset - New Poll - Sr3 livery - See P.

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Here's Laais 921 double wagon with brown and Nordwaggon livery:

EDIT: I noticed that Dr16 has one sprite which has the VR logo backwards, the <- facing sprite. Probably mirroring error.
And, Ed does have one too, the \ - sprites, the red sprites are leaned to the wrong side. This one is probably a mirroring error too.
Attachments
Laais.png
Laais.png (175.14 KiB) Viewed 5330 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

I'm beginning to worry about as. I wonder what has happened? :(
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Try PMing him? ?(
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Seems that, if situation remains as it is now, we'll need to redo coding from scratch. And this time, all coding could be done at OpenTTDcoop DevZone, so coding (and continuing to code) this set remains open to all and this kind of situation, where we are now, couldn't happen again.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I believe that was the plan a while ago, to restart the coding from scratch in an OpenTTD-Devzone repository.
It just never took off (I didn't have the time), I imagine using NML might help, although it's coder's preference.
We don't want too many coders working on the project for consistency of how the set operates.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Lakie wrote:I believe that was the plan a while ago, to restart the coding from scratch in an OpenTTD-Devzone repository.
It just never took off (I didn't have the time), I imagine using NML might help, although it's coder's preference.
We don't want too many coders working on the project for consistency of how the set operates.

~ Lakie
Yep.

And we have also possibility to use some NML templates to speed up work. NML is also quite friendly to read, and correct if needed (also copy-pasting speeds up coding quite much!).
Seems that this situation won't correct by itself if re-coding is not started.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Once you have a few trains coded, adding more is pretty much copy/paste indeed. I've opted for that method for the Dutch Trainset.
Having the graphics in a template will furthermore speed up the process significantly.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Could the M100 metro from 2cc set get included as 3rd rail vehicle? It just needs recoloring and coding. :roll:
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Indeed it could be included, but who did draw that?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

kyosuke1989 wrote:Indeed it could be included, but who did draw that?
I did, and VoyagerOne probably made it a bit prettier.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

FooBar wrote:Once you have a few trains coded, adding more is pretty much copy/paste indeed. I've opted for that method for the Dutch Trainset.
Having the graphics in a template will furthermore speed up the process significantly.
I remember that somewhere was a "green-train" template grf (and nml code) with quite many trains and wagons (many types), with GPL license. Somewhere on the DevZone, maybe?
EDIT: It was Central Europe Train Set :) And fortunately, it's GPL, so Finnish Trainset can copy and modify the code, as long as it is released under GPL (i think it was meant to be released under GPL anyway).
EDIT: Since DevZone-projects are mostly GPL, also other set's code can be used.

I'd like that at least some kind of Taster could be coded for this set before Christmas.

EDIT2: DevZone is now founded (thanks FooBar! :) ). It can be found here:

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/finnishtrainset/

For the third time, let's make this set available. And this time it can't go wrong anymore, since any progress done for the set in DevZone can't be "vanished" anymore, for example, in personal hard drive crashes.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Bump.

It seems quite likely that Sr3 is going to be Vectron (not sure, but everything seems to favour that). VoyagerOne did one (thanks!), so it can be painted, when the paint livery of first Sr3-locomotive is photographed. That takes some time... Meanwhile, coding of this set could begin as soon as someone has time for it. But, some stats are missing from tracking table, a table from them could be done. I could do it in near future.

EDIT: Now i've managed to transfer all graphics that were done to tracking tables, to DevZone under gfx-directory. Sounds too are there, under sfx directory. (Learned how to use TortoiseHg, not difficult at all) Next thing to do will be the tracking table updating, so coding should be as simple and straightforward as possible.
Attachments
Siemens Vectron.PNG
Siemens Vectron.PNG (7.69 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Mystery sprites digged from earlier thread. Does somebody know what is that flat wagon? Hk?

EDIT: Seems that in the old thread, these were just general models. Not a problem though.
Attachments
FTSEarlyCargo.png
FTSEarlyCargo.png (46.2 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Here's quick recolouring of Move90 to yellow colour, as in http://vaunut.org/kuva/46109

And Merry Christmas everyone. :)
Attachments
Move90.png
Move90.png (16.93 KiB) Viewed 4246 times
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Very nice work, if only we could use those sweet sprites in-game...
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

alluke wrote:Very nice work, if only we could use those sweet sprites in-game...
EDIT:

I've done properties-extended tracking table in excel file for coding purposes. It will help and speed up coder's work. One step closer to release. But there is a long way to go.

EDIT: Some restructuring of early passenger and other coaches and also renaming, and fixing of stats for wagons and others, numerous changes done. For every piece of rolling stock, there is axle arrangement defined according UIC standard (for example B'B' or 2'2'), and they may coded to appear on statistic list on the OpenTTD, such as in CETS.

Now there's much more coach classes and DMU's on 1870-1950-period available. The tracking table on the FTS website will be updated later.

19 steam locomotives, 25 diesel locomotives, 23 DMU's, 8 EMU's, 6 electric locomotives, 76 freight wagons and 49 coaches (passenger, post, car carrier, armoured, sleeping), total of 206 codable pieces.

Coding will take some time, since the restructuring took about 20 hours. The amount of stuff is so large that copy-pasting of code and using NML coding is highly recommended. If coding could be even partly automated using the excel file or some kind of wizard (providing the code-basis for specific manual NML-operations), it would largerly save coder's time and frustration, and troughput time would be much smaller. The DevZone has compiling environment, so half work is done and automated by it, but importing the code must be done by hand or copy-pasted from other GPL-sets.

Of course, everything which already has graphics, may be coded first and then, maybe released as beta.

The excel file will be on the DevZone later.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

And next, quick fix on Dr16 sprites which had a mirroring error on VR-logo. :) -> Updated on DevZone and the FTS site.
Attachments
Dr16_fixed.png
Dr16_fixed.png (3.9 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

And well then, let's continue at the same way, Ed doubledecker sprite fixed also. :) The \-sprite had been mirrored, and leaned to wrong side and had false colours. Now all those problems are fixed... :)
When fixing those, i noticed that the Edm sprites that I had modified from Ed-sprites had a false colours and one sprite had double /-stripe which was a error too. A little too much red on those stripes.
Both sets of sprites are now fixed. :) -> Updated
Attachments
Edm.png
Edm.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
Ed.png
Ed.png (3.25 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Long time no see. I've begun to program the set in the DevZone environment. Stay tuned for more news!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

If the forums had a "like" button I'd like your post, because that's a pretty epic comeback :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Graphics Development”