Aegir's Projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hello!

I have been testing the file right away! Looks quite nice, however there are a few things still to be added... we are enar! ;)

> banks still don't produce; but just accept valuables

> some road ends are wrongly placed. However, since I have yet to make matching jp set versions, wait for them

> The buildings should totally replace original buildings (deactivate them)

> still too many temples and Buddhas appear. The appearance rate should be similar to Zimmlock's cathedrals

> (not sure if this is the jp buildings GRF fault) the city builds strange roads when funding new building on a city: check screenshot ** edit: it has been reported a similar error in the Problems section, so this was not our GRF after all**
Attachments
jpbug01.PNG
jpbug01.PNG (13.45 KiB) Viewed 9971 times
Last edited by Sanchimaru on 24 Dec 2005 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Maybe we don't want to deal with this now, but has anyone attempted to test the Japan scenery GRF with the new trams? We will not put trams in just yet, I think, because I want to get this thing released; but Japan has plenty of trams, and I know they will be in the next round.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I built some tracks and run some of Raichase's trams. They work fine with the buildings GRF
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, good to hear it. I don't want to have to change the buildings GRF later when we add trams to the trains GRF.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I still don't understand why the trams would have anything to do with the scenery set, if trams ever get coded for the Japan Set (And not by me, I don't code anything that moves), they would be in a seperate .grf.

The tracks themselves are just an overlay of sorts.

Sanchimaru: The weird roads in the town is a TTDPatch bug. I just had it ruin a town of mine in an Arctic Renewal Set game I was playing.

Also, I'll look into the bank issue, and the building replacing? That requires the building disabler .grf that is on my website. I'll tweak the ammount of statues that appear in towns aswell, I think I deliberatly increased the ammount at some point in time.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I've been doing some work on getting my TTRS2 modification to slot in smoother with different climates.

Specifically, I'm focussing on SubArctic being a North American setting, and SubTropical being Pikka's Queensland (Australia) scenario.

I've updated the .grf's for the TTRS2 modification on my website, and heres a screeny from around 1945.

The Park Square *numbers* building is about the only large building that appears in the Tropics until about 1960, when populations typically skyrocket in Pikkas Queensland scenario.
Attachments
SCR10.PNG
SCR10.PNG (54.24 KiB) Viewed 9849 times

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think that's a really good idea.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Somthing that I'm working on for NABS, need some stuff to put in the industrial part of town, if the patch-code ever comes (Or I settle for the current zoning system).

This is based of a generic factory building, the blank spaces in the wall will be taken up by large windows, as you can see, it's still mostly unshaded, the green blotches will be doors of some kind.

I'm considering raising a part of the sidewalk up by 3px so that a station platform will line up right against it, still not sure.

I'd prefer to do this is a 1x3 building, then I could draw it closer to the reference pic, but ahhwell.
Attachments
Still VERY early shots
Still VERY early shots
untitled.PNG (2.6 KiB) Viewed 9740 times

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Worked on it a bit more, it's now shorter, added the windows in, the whole thing is still quite unshaded/untextured. Just going to work on some bits out the front of it, then start texturing it, and possibly work on shading, I've never really done any shading.
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (2.51 KiB) Viewed 9686 times

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

And... Another update :D

Added some more texturing, shaded the roof a bit, it's getting closer now.

Can any building artists give me any pointers? I'm not quite sure how to progress from here.
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (3.06 KiB) Viewed 9667 times

Peteza
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Peteza »

Looks nice! :)
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

I'm no expert, but the sides of the buildings look plain to me (Not the windows). Have you mottled them at all?

This is really all the advice I can offer, I'm not that great at drawing sprites myself. :)
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Back to work again, this time, I'm revisting some almost ancient sprites that Purno and Sinagporekid drew.

Got lots planned for them. But for now, I've redrawn the roofs on these shelters:

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Whoa, nice :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Aegir wrote:Back to work again, this time, I'm revisting some almost ancient sprites that Purno and Sinagporekid drew.

Got lots planned for them. But for now, I've redrawn the roofs on these shelters:

All in good faith i believe, but we should decide on using zimmlocks sprites of stations or purno/singapore kid ones... at least for a dutch set. I have incorporated zimmlocks graphics actually in many of my station buildings....

They look nevertheless very cool!
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

yes they look great! maybe the 'lantaarnpaal' should be moved to the midle of tile? so the lights are spread better over the platform?

oh and :oops: :oops: what are the blue parts at the top sprites? benches? shouldn't they be black then? :oops:
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

no, we have some blue benches over here one town away (Geldermalsen) as well. they're still there on some older stations.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Hitperson
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hitperson »

oooh these look very flash.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

@Aegir, i have a white chatedral, i never used, and ll not use, can you do something with it? Can be nice for the tropical climate, you just have to put it on a 4 tile of your choice and cut it in 4 parts. :wink:
Attachments
Cathedral-white.png
Cathedral-white.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 9233 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Ooooh, thankyou, Zimmlock. That would go nicely in Tropical climate.

And thankyou for the compliments, everyone :).

Return to “Graphics Development”