[Released] CS Roads v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

astath wrote:101, 171 and 6 are my favourites, but they all look quite well.
Look at the pic in the last post, we've already picked the ones that are gonna be used. ;)

However thanks for the praise, I'll pass it on.

P.S.: Pnaky says hi.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

ah, sorry. i'm a lazy poster, i guess. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Pedro_Zawislak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pedro_Zawislak »

Four bridge preview from CsRoadSet 2.0
Sorry for my bad english... Translator & friends' help rullez :wink:
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Looks pretty good! Perhaps a tad bit of texture and less brightness on the red and the brown bridge makes it even more realistic.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Nice looking bridges. :D
I assume that they are a part of the road set and are not available in their own file. Am I right?
So if a player wanted them for a railroad the player would also have to use the CS roadset?
My next question is will these bridges support narrow gauge rail?
Is there narrow gauge rail in the CS railset?
Pedro_Zawislak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pedro_Zawislak »

wallyweb wrote:I assume that they are a part of the road set and are not available in their own file. Am I right?
Yes, it is a part of a CsRoadSet 2.0, but there is a possibility that after releasing the CsRoadSet they could be released as a standalone set
wallyweb wrote:So if a player wanted them for a railroad the player would also have to use the CS roadset?
Yes you will need to use the whole roadset, however as I said earlier, after the release things can change.
wallyweb wrote:My next question is will these bridges support narrow gauge rail?
Not in the CSRoadset 2.0. After that we're considering implementing support of any railset whose authors will show interest / will give us permission.
wallyweb wrote:Is there narrow gauge rail in the CS railset?
CZRailSet doesn't currently contain narrow gauge rails, although such sets are currently in development.
Sorry for my bad english... Translator & friends' help rullez :wink:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Pedro_Zawislak wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Is there narrow gauge rail in the CS railset?
CZRailSet doesn't currently contain narrow gauge rails, although such sets are currently in development.
Maybe a good idea to add narrow gauge support to your bridges now so that you will be ready for what is currently in development? No? :wink:
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

wallyweb wrote:Maybe a good idea to add narrow gauge support to your bridges now so that you will be ready for what is currently in development? No? :wink:
Well, the thing is that at the moment supporting narrow gauge means adding the sprites to the bridges. Currently we have the 4 original TTD "track" types to support - road, rail, maglev and monorail - as well as Czech rails and Czech roads. That's a fair number of bridges to to deal with, and as such it will take some effort to assemble, test, etc. Therefore it makes sense to limit the scope of what will be done for the initial release. Furthermore, our own narrow gauge sets are nowhere near release stage, so those won't be in anytime soon.

I imagine that along with the release of the new set, we'll be able to provide a developer package that will allow other road/rail sets to provide compatibility sprites we can include in following releases. A standalone bridge set is also a possibility, however it has to be done step by step, otherwise we're risking it will take forever to release this.

Thanks for the interest you guys are showing. We'll keep you posted as more things get done.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
Vikthor
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Released] CS Roads v2.0

Post by Vikthor »

CS Roads v2.0 have been just released. Contrary to former plans, this release does NOT include the new bridges. This has two major causes:
  • Bridges are not totally complete - 9 of 11 bridgeheads are missing and there are probably other problems
  • There are some problems with getting GRM to work with OpenTTD
To see what's new and for download visit Tycoonez.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Yeah! Finally some more eye-pleasing roads from our Czech friends. I thought the development of graphics from your side was put to a halt... Appearantly not! :D

Are there still plans to release a CS Cargo set? I really love the CS Set, but the lack of (ECS compatible) cargo wagons is actually keeping me from playing with it. Also, I heard there was a CS Narrow gauge Set in the works at some point.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Vikthor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vikthor »

Yeah, I know the delay was pretty long, but development is not halted, it's just very slow, be it for lack of motivation, time or people.
As I do not think this is appropriate thread to discus Cargo set or NG set, just a quick explanation.
CS Cargo set will probably be released as part of CSD set, but this is solely in hands of hydrolog(PEVA) who likes to work alone, and he is currently very busy in his work. As of NG, there were some attempts, particularly CS760mm set, but it seems stalled.
LoWang
Engineer
Engineer

all roads brown

Post by LoWang »

Hello, what is wrong if all roads are brown like mud? It does not matter what year I am in, it is the same in 1950 as in the 2030. I play OpenTTD. Does it support OpenTTD?
Those that are last, can yet be first...
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: all roads brown

Post by LaDoncella »

LoWang wrote:Hello, what is wrong if all roads are brown like mud? It does not matter what year I am in, it is the same in 1950 as in the 2030. I play OpenTTD. Does it support OpenTTD?
did you download OpenTTD version?
LoWang
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LoWang »

yes the one with 248 551Bytes...
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: all roads brown

Post by minime »

LoWang wrote:Hello, what is wrong if all roads are brown like mud?
Most likely your configuration, which you should have provided.
You're probably overriding the grf with some other set of roads...
Image Image Image
LoWang
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LoWang »

It works now, I had DOS data files and win version of newgrf :wink:
kejsinko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kejsinko »

Please, I have maybe the same problem. I have downloaded newest version ottd, I tried to activate newgrf tram set and then tramways looks like a mud. I also try download some other newgraphic but always with same effect. Take a look on pictures. In second one you can notice a new industry with "mud-effect" graphics. I search whole internet, but coudn't find solution why this happen. Any sugestions or ideas? Thnx
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Please post your problem in an appropriate topic/forum -- this is not it.
Image Image Image
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

minime wrote:Please post your problem in an appropriate topic/forum -- this is not it.
Where can I post Cs roads V2.0 GRF errors ?

Official CS-* set forum http://forum.tycoonez.com/ is not in English !
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Posting the problems you found right here should be perfectly fine!

Return to “Graphics Development”