Glass Station Release

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Better yet, just aks Aegir to integrate it into the Generic Stations package.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Purno wrote:
I see some errors in your screenshot (not the stations);

1. The bridge shows wrong roadtexture on the bridge approaches

2. The railway fence doesn't completely show the new graphics
Heh ... I was waiting for someone to notice that.
What happened was after I tried eis_os' one way roads and found the graphics issues I tried some troubleshooting to perchance resolve them.
Originally I had JC's US roads. I turned them off. The bridge retained them on the approaches. I'm sure if I turn JC's roads back on all will look good again. And now we know we just have to wait for patchman to use eis_os' new files instead of the old ones. :wink:

And that station does look good. 8)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The US roads weren't a full release, and they are known to have issues. Oracle is re-coding them right now, and we anticipate a proper release in the near future. Also, there are some issues with the roads in combination with the bridges, which Oracle is fixing at the same time.

Last, AFAIK the one-way-road code is a known problem, because the wrong build got included in the Patch, and I think the graphics aren't quite right either. The next version will fix that. It's a new feature, it's not uncommon to take a couple of tries to get it right.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

krtaylor wrote:The US roads weren't a full release, and they are known to have issues. Oracle is re-coding them right now, and we anticipate a proper release in the near future. Also, there are some issues with the roads in combination with the bridges, which Oracle is fixing at the same time.
Yes ... I saw that and am waiting patiently.:wink:
krtaylor wrote:Last, AFAIK the one-way-road code is a known problem, because the wrong build got included in the Patch, and I think the graphics aren't quite right either. The next version will fix that. It's a new feature, it's not uncommon to take a couple of tries to get it right.
eis_os described it nicely elsewhere ... in the patch thread I think.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

astath wrote:i guess you could add it to one of the Generic Stations-classes. just ask Aegir 'bout the details.
Acording to Aegir, Project Generic Stations sub-classes are runing out Fast. He recons he will hit the 19 sub-class limits, so he has been cutting out stations of the project.

krtaylor wrote:Better yet, just aks Aegir to integrate it into the Generic Stations package.
I did ask him, but he said it would be better as a sperate release.
But I'm not against it been 'packaged' with newstations.
As long as it's sperate grf, and remains unchanged (apart from bug fixes).

[ot]And yes, one way road graphics should be fixed in the next patch.[/ot]

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

My point is, that I don't want separate GRFs for individual station. It clutters things up. It's better to have one big GRF for a whole bunch of stations. If you don't like one particular station, then you don't have to build any.

I thought I saw in the latest Patch alpha, that Patchman had done something about the station class limits. Not sure though. I don't really understand the restrictions on how that works.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

From What I currently understand.

You can only have 19 Classes of stations, on top of this each class can have a maxium of 19 sub-classes.

I believe 2 of these class are reserved.
(Default and Way Points)

Which provieds, a total of 17 New subclasses.
But you can have 18 new stations in Default subclass.
And you can have 19 Way Points.

So that gives us a total of 360 stations that can be added.
(1x18 + 1x19 17x19)

I believe this is a limit of Transport Tycoon, of which the patch has inhertted, due to the way the names are handelled.

(Hopefully patchman can clear this up for us)

As for one large grf, maybe, I think Aegir should have his say first though.
If Aegir wants it included in Project Generic Stations.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

If your description is accurate, then that would be a strong argument for including your station in the Generic Stations, because then it could be included in a class with other stations. More efficient that way.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Maybe I change the platforms and it could fit in with my passenger class I just finished?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Does it really have to have the platforms changed? I think it's fine as it is. As long as the platforms are the same height above the rails, should be OK.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Well it wouldn't fit in the class with sifferent platforms.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Depends on how different they were. You'd expect covered platforms to look somewhat different from uncovered ones. Weathering and all.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Born Acorn wrote:Well it wouldn't fit in the class with sifferent platforms.
If you are talking about platform height above the track, then yes it would have to be changed.
If you are talking about texture, then there is no problem as external platforms are subject to weathering and would look different anyway.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Sorry, I didn't quite Finish my post.

Project Generic Stations uses 3 different classes.
One for Passenger Stations, Another for cargo / frieght, and one for ground sprites.

[Edit] Not sure about the third Id, although I think it's gruond sprites type thing.

From what Aegir told me, he was running out of sub-classes.
Of which he currently has 3x19 at the monent.

Now, he said that he was running out of sub-classes. And was going to have to cut stations because he didn't have enough sub-classes for them.
Which would imply he doesn't have enough room really to include another station.
Which is why he said it would be best for me to release this as a sperate grf.

I'll wait for what Aegir has to say about this.
But I'm pretty sure that was the general juist of it.
And wether he wants it included with P:GS.

~ Lakie
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Looking great! Here are my comments:
- Station is compatible with narrow gauge tracks :D
- I think it's too early to introduce modern station like this from the beginning; I suggest introduction date in 1950-60's;
- There is bug both in classic and locomotion GUI. When I open station building menu, I see those bugs on screen:
Attachments
error2.png
error2.png (10.46 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
error1.png
error1.png (26.25 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

You are right.

This happens because of the sprites used.
The glass sprites it uses on each of the station sides.
I'm going to have to spend sometime on how to fix this though.

Until then, I hope it's not too much of a problem :(

~ Lakie
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Well, a bit of a Progress update.

I've fixed all the clipping issues (Hopefully).
I've made it so it can only be contrusted from 1960 onwards. (Might Change)
I've fixed the buy menus. No more weird effects :D

I'm thinking about splitting the tile types up as well, so you can customize your station abit.
And I'm currently waiting to see what Born_Acorn wants to add / change though.

Any thing else you would like adding / changing?

~ Lakie
JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Glass Station Release

Post by JustMoreMemes »

This is very old now but I would love it if it could be updated to support all climates! The artwork is so cool! :bow:
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

JustMoreMemes wrote: 06 Nov 2022 17:28 This is very old now but I would love it if it could be updated to support all climates! The artwork is so cool! :bow:
it's been SEVENTEEN YEARS please can we just let things go
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

That just makes me feel old.

Return to “Graphics Development”