haec omnibus vobis sunt - UK Bus Set [1.2 release]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Which sprite, what's the code, and have you read the FAQ?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

The current version of Pineapple hasn't been touched in months and may well have errors.
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Here is the error message...
Attachments
spriteerror.pcx
(243.72 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You know, you could just type out the message, instead of posting an image that a substantial portion of the world can't read, and the rest can't read easily.

Pikka: Sprite #822, code 6/8
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
bobo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bobo »

Pikka, can you fix the pinneaplle set? I bet it would be so cool.
Ah forget it. I'll come back now.
OH NOES its an IRC quote!
<jonty> :O
<DaveWorley> ...
<DaveWorley> BOBO!?
<jonty> Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobo!
<DaveWorley> BOO!
<jonty> Binga-dinga-bo-bo :D
<DaveWorley> D:
<Bobo> Heh, this is IRC quote material.

Small and compact quotes! Gotta love em.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

it hsnt even been released.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
bobo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bobo »

Well, Pikka can you release the Pineapple set? I bet it would be so cool!
<DaveWorley> ...
<DaveWorley> BOBO!?
<DaveWorley> BOO!
<DaveWorley> D:

Dave

Post by Dave »

Such a demanding fellow...

Pikka is busy working on awesome things :D
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

pikka i say finish the new UKRS off first. Then the new version of HOVS.
I think the Pineapple set chat should be split.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

bobo wrote:Well, Pikka can you release the Pineapple set? I bet it would be so cool!
Cool or not, take a deep breath, and think for a moment just how important YOUR demands are in comparison to how much you're paying Pikka for the privelage.

You mean you're not paying him a CENT? SHAME ON YOU, making all these demands when you're not even a paying customer!

Now, perhaps if the Pineapple set was payware, and you had some kind of "subscription" action going down, that you MIGHT be PERMITTED to make such demands, but as someone who can enjoy his HARD work for FREE, you need to just calm yourself down.

Be patient, I've often (much to his annoyance, I imagine) inquired as to the status of Pineapple Set, and Pikkas response is that he is working on things HE enjoys. I would FAR rather take whatever Pikka is willing to work on (becuase the standard of work is always so high - just look at his Trainz stuff compared to some other free Trainz stuff out there), and enjoy that, rather than see him work tirelessly on something, and then burn out.

Because really, thats not fair on him.

Don't like it? Set up your own set, and then get people to set you a deadline, and see how that feels.

And thats about the end of any non-HOV's discussion here, thanks to roboboy for pointing out which thread we are in.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Hey Pikka,

I have been playing with the test version of HOVS for a while now, and so far, I could find only this one bug.
Please have a look at the early Ford T models, it seams that the Logging truck is the only one of them to transport valuables. I think it would be better to have the goods van being refitable to valuables, rather then the Logging truck. :wink:
Attachments
Ford logging truck.png
Ford logging truck.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 5301 times
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

The Irish wrote:Hey Pikka,

I have been playing with the test version of HOVS for a while now, and so far, I could find only this one bug.
Please have a look at the early Ford T models, it seams that the Logging truck is the only one of them to transport valuables. I think it would be better to have the goods van being refitable to valuables, rather then the Logging truck. :wink:
Well, I'd put it down to global warming making harvestable trees such a rarity. Or something similar :P.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
r
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: low.kay.shun - Generally used to refer to the site of a settlement or area.

Post by r »

bobo wrote:Well, Pikka can you release the Pineapple set? I bet it would be so cool!
You want the Moon on a stick, and pronto, don't you? Chill the f*** out and go and sniff some glue or something.
r - Why be a song when you can be a symphony?

[23:14] r: Don't diss Beck, he invented music!
[23:15] Dave: That's like saying the current pope invented Catholicism.

00:09]r: Heh, no-one's replied to your gay thread
[00:10] Dave: Your mom.
[00:11] r: Say what you want about her, she's a c**t
[00:11] Dave: I take a similar dim view of my own mother.
[00:11]r: Did yours leave your dad for a posh tw*t with a mullet and a handlebar moustache then take what was supposed to be your money for uni as part of the divorce settlement?
[00:12] Dave: Sadly not.
[00:13] r: You know what that means then?
[00:13] r: That means I win.

Primeval Blue - almost certainly not the best band in the world.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Thanks for the report, The Irish. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting to make an official release of HOVS v2, or even any updates, any time soon...
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

No worries. Just wanted to report it, so that you can put it on your list, for an eventual release. :wink:
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

There's a sprite bug with the model T mail van in the side view.
Attachments
sprite bug.png
sprite bug.png (8.86 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
bobo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bobo »

Hey Pikka, Sorry about the last request but can I ask you a quick question:

Can I use your HOVS vehicles to do some real liveried busses (like First and that) to complement the UK tram set?

EDIT: Slight edit to the request: Can I and the British Bus guys use tyour busses as a base?
Last edited by bobo on 29 Nov 2006 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
<DaveWorley> ...
<DaveWorley> BOBO!?
<DaveWorley> BOO!
<DaveWorley> D:

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Sure you can, bobo.
DeletedUser6
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: haec omnibus vobis sunt - UK Bus Set [1.2 release]

Post by DeletedUser6 »

i've fallen in love with these buses :oops: :oops: :bow: :bow:
Yay! I'm back! Did you miss me?

I thought not.
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Re:

Post by ostlandr »

This is an idea I'm toying with for my US road vehicles set (still in the concept stage- building the vehicle list right now.)

American truck manufacturers tend to make what is called a "chassis/cab". You buy the truck with just the driver's cab and add whatever you want on the back. For example, a medium duty dump truck, a beverage truck and a school bus might all be based on the International 4300 chassis/cab with the T444e diesel V8. Of course there are also dedicated special-purpose vehicles like modern low-floor transit buses and "off-road trucks" that haul huge loads of ore in mines (hint).

If trucks and buses are really interchangeable, it would be nice to save slots by having vehicles like the Model T and the Mack AC refittable to passengers as well as freight. If not, no problem- there are enough slots for a new vehicle every couple of years from 1920 to 2050.

If I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming big- dual company colors, refittable as in the LV4 set, and articulated trailers.
Aegir wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:
krtaylor wrote:Lots of IDs would get freed up by a new LongVehicles version, I think, now that you can have just one slot with a vehicle that's refittable to everything.
You'd still only have 6 IDs for busses though - you can't use a truck ID for a bus, because they use different loading bays.

Or can you?
Im quite sure you can.
Who is John Galt?

Return to “Graphics Development”