New Industries for TTDPatch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

ahh yes I see what you mean now.

To work I go!

Here are some general shading fixes too.
Attachments
water_desal_con2_106.png
water_desal_con2_106.png (6.1 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
desalcon3_659.png
desalcon3_659.png (8.64 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
desalplant.png
desalplant.png (11.85 KiB) Viewed 7957 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Can I get you to repost all the Oil-power plant sprites too, please? What I have is internally inconsistant, and doesn't match the image on your website.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Here is a zip file with all sprites + constructions, with Mock ups to help with sprite placements.

The pic on my site is outdated, from the first version of newindustries/OTTD test build.
Attachments
sprites_and_mocks_132.zip
(103.47 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

wallyweb wrote:
Born Acorn wrote:Does anyone have any ideas for the two empty squares on each side?
Logging trucks dropping off a load of raw uncut logs from the forest?
And / Or piles of sawdust and woodchips?
good idea. Some unstripped trees lying around could do that job.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Very nice
Formerly known as Lachie
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Is it possible to create some industries, that will affect appearance of nearby tiles in a buffer zone like farm does (...fields) or is this somehow hardcoded only for farms and cannot be changed?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Its possible with a small amount of patchwork. I would like the Lumbermill to work like a farm but have trees instead.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Born Acorn wrote:Its possible with a small amount of patchwork. I would like the Lumbermill to work like a farm but have trees instead.
Oh that would be so damn cool...

Keep the hedges or fences though, thats relativly realistic.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Pardon my insolence but did anyone think of adding a quarry to the game? The carved stones could then be used to make other building materials perhaps?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> [...] did anyone think of adding a quarry to the game?

According to the cargo scheme given in that other thread, I have a lime stone quarry halfway done. The quarried material is planned to be sent to a cement works, though.

regards
Michael
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Hyronymus wrote:Pardon my insolence but did anyone think of adding a quarry to the game? The carved stones could then be used to make other building materials perhaps?
I have plans to try to draw some mines (=localize, original mines look way too british/american and do not fit well into Central European environment...and I like old mines) including a limestone quarry (to produce limestone). But not now, I have still lots of other things to do. I have created first version of a quarry only and it needs also some buildings and even the pits require a lot of work - it is still more a concept than something finished.

I have decided to try to create a pit mine, first connected with haulage drifts and turned into a strip mine later in the game. Something like this:

But I expect it to be somehow ready at Chrismas Holiday, so...

(edit follows:)
Treefarms: Allowing such areas would be great! It can be also used for example to simulate large open coal strip mines...they are not pretty but common in some industrial regions.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

/me hands Born Acorn a list of the palette-animation colors, and asks him to kindly not use them.

In case that wasn't obvious, BA, you're using palette animation colors where they have no right being. See attached png for one of the more offensive frames.

Please redraw the offending sprites, or, if you want to make my life really easy, just fix them in the attached pcx (zipped).
The sprites in question are 29, 30, 35, 37, 39-41, 45?, 47, 49, 50, 54-56, 60?, 62, 64, and 65.
Attachments
OilPower.zip
(23.42 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
magic colors.png
magic colors.png (16.82 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

strange. Since when were brick type colours pallette anims and where are they used?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Looking at http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/img/wiki_up//windowspal.png, my guess is that you're using the one or more of the "block cycles" colors.

Where in TTD? I have no clue. Where in your sprites? Most, if not all, of the south-west facing walls. (Szappy's spriteeditor may be the best way to find all the problematic pixels.)

EDIT: Turned the broken [img] into a [url] (I deemed the image too big to inline.)
Last edited by DaleStan on 22 Sep 2005 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I changed all brick textures, intro'd a new chimney (just a sprite change) and made the windows more shaded.
Attachments
OilPower.png
OilPower.png (43.04 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Pretty nice, indeed, I can see the progress :wink:
I'm just wondering what's UFO doing on the roof...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I don't know. It just looked like a groovy roof thing at the time.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Here is what Iv'e been doing in the last few weeks.

If the buildings look a bit plain, then don't worry, thats a feature. 18/19th Centurary buildings did not have the luxury of extractor fans or good architecture. If it looks purple, then thats the resolutions fault, there being only one sprite between the red brick and the blue/purple windows :P
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Looks really cool Born Acorn.
Just one thing ... Cotton Farms are actually referred to as Cotton Plantations. :wink:
And then (yes ... more) the cotton is spun into thread at a cotton mill.
After that its off to the textile mill to be made into cloth/textiles such as denim.
Then its on to a manufacturer such as Lee or Wrangler or Levi Straus and similar companies who make our brand new blue jeans. :D
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Born Acorn wrote:I changed all brick textures, intro'd a new chimney (just a sprite change) and made the windows more shaded.
Another case of the thought-he-had-posted-but-hadn'ts.

There are still block-cycle-browns in this new spriteset.

I've chased down some of my bugs, and as a result, the PCX has changed; You may edit and re-post either of the two PNGs; the only difference is that OilPower2 has had the block-cycle browns turned to API-pink, and then the five block-cycle-browns added where sprite 68 would be, if it existed. (I'm not really sure why I thought this would be a good idea. Maybe so you know which browns not to use?)
Attachments
OilPower.zip
(63.88 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Return to “Graphics Development”