New Industries for TTDPatch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

Wow, I like that water desalinization plant. Well we be able to fund new ones? They are a producer in the game, but there's water everywhere on the maps.

I've always been a temperate person, but I just might have to try playing in the tropical climate now. :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

G-Klav wrote:Cool new industries! :)

Do they work for all languages?
Yep, but the texts are all in English. If anyone wants to translate:
"Coal-fired Power Plant"
"Oil-fired Power Plant"
"Water Desalinization Plant"
into the other three languages (German, Spanish, French), I'll add them in the next GRF.

Peter: Yes, they can be funded.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
batis2ta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by batis2ta »

Promising start, 2 issues:

1. The desalinization plant.
Shouldn't it be built just like most refineries - near the sea?
There's not much to desalinize if the thing is sitting in the middle of a desert :D

2. The game map.
The new industries don't get separate colour codes on the map (industry mode). When I tried the Tropical climate, the above mentioned desalinization plant was marked red. So were the diamond mines.
It would be nice to get this changed in the future.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

1.) Can't do that yet. (Well, maybe, but not easily, so I'll wait until it can be done correctly.)

2.) The Desal plant is not red. It's the Oil power plant that's red. I might be convinced to change the color, but to what? I'd really rather wait until it can be set with its own property, anyway.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

there had to be some one who asked... why me? :(
How do i get them to run?
i cant find them on game/Map editor :?
hovering teacup
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by hovering teacup »

have you activated the new industry switch in the cfg ?

@DaleStan;
thanx for answering but the colour table you gave me the link of seems not the one i am after. :(
------------------------
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

never even knew such a switch exsisted!
thanks! :P
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

DaleStan wrote:If anyone wants to translate:
"Coal-fired Power Plant"
"Oil-fired Power Plant"
German: Kohlekraftwerk, Ölkraftwerk, Wasserentsalzungsanlage (respectively)

Since it's not yet limited to the ocean, "Wasseraufbereitungsanlage" (water treatment plant) might be better for now ...
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

Patchman, I didn't know you could speak German :)
You may have written that somewhere a long time ago, but I've forgotten it in that case...

BTW, can't someone make a new graphic for the Iron Ore Mine as well? I'm trying to fit the Gold Mine's conveyor belt on top of that horrific black hole, but that's difficult with my skills...
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

G-Klav wrote:Patchman, I didn't know you could speak German :)
You may have written that somewhere a long time ago, but I've forgotten it in that case...
Well Patchman is German. So that makes sense
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

Born Acorn wrote:Well Patchman is German. So that makes sense
I knew it was something like that :oops:
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I am aware of a bug in the factroy replacement which is brought around from it being a replacement.

It tends to smoke at times from in the middle, where the chimney was on the old factory. :oops:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Thanks, Patchman. For now, I decided to change the name to "Water Treatment Plant" as you suggested.
Born Acorn wrote:I am aware of a bug in the factory replacement which is brought around from it being a replacement.

It tends to smoke at times from in the middle, where the chimney was on the old factory. :oops:
Bother! I guess that means I need to re-code the factory to actually use the new industry feature. I was hoping to take the easy way out. My fault, not yours.

Looking forward to seeing your factory replacements, Dan.

Unless anyone objects, both BA's replacement factory and Dan's replacement factories will be available at the same time, in the same game.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Yep, but the texts are all in English. If anyone wants to translate:
"Coal-fired Power Plant"
"Oil-fired Power Plant"
into the other three languages (German, Spanish, French), I'll add them in the next GRF.
En Français:
"Centrale électrique à charbon"
"Centrale électrique à petrôle"
"Centre de traitement d'eau"

respectively.

BTW off-topic, you've mentioned Linux, is there any way to play TTD on a Mac other than going VirtualPC? :roll:
Csaboka
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Csaboka »

I'm glad you've starded using my switch, and I'm sorry for the bugs.

Unfortunately, I can't really do any patching until 16th June, so bugfixes will have to wait... :(
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.—Philip K. Dick
antp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by antp »

Snail wrote: En Français:
"Centrale électrique à charbon"
"Centrale électrique à petrôle"
"Centre de traitement d'eau"
"pétrole", not "petrôle"
And for the third one, "dessalement" rather than "traitement" would be more accurate ("dessalement" is the french translation of "desalination", according to my dictionnary)
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Snail wrote:BTW off-topic, you've mentioned Linux, is there any way to play TTD on a Mac other than going VirtualPC? :roll:
No, Mac's use PPC architecture, are little endian, and I think they also use the RISC instruction set. Thus, somthing like Wine (DarWine for example) would not work. Sorry mate, Virtual PC is the only option by the looks of things.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Aegir wrote:
Snail wrote:BTW off-topic, you've mentioned Linux, is there any way to play TTD on a Mac other than going VirtualPC? :roll:
No, Mac's use PPC architecture, are little endian, and I think they also use the RISC instruction set. Thus, somthing like Wine (DarWine for example) would not work. Sorry mate, Virtual PC is the only option by the looks of things.
i believe in theory qemu could run wine, wich in turn could run ttd... this way you don't need an entire windows installation i guess... but i have never tried it :)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Why wine? QEMU + some old crappy Windows should work...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Hitperson
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hitperson »

Born Acorn wrote:I am aware of a bug in the factroy replacement which is brought around from it being a replacement.

the only factory that smokes on the game is in the first scottland scenario.

Return to “Graphics Development”