New Industries for TTDPatch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

New Industries for TTDPatch

Post by Born Acorn »

N E W . . . I N D U S T R I E S

Latest versions here and here

NFO Coded entirely by Dalestan and drawn by me. Thanks go to orudge for kickstarting the project and epsilon for starting it

(if pics don't show try a refresh or visit its url)
The Water Desalinisation plant is found only in tropical. It produces water. It replaces nothing
This Oil fired Power plant is found in all three climates, and requires Oil. It replaces nothing
This is a graphics replace for the TTD factory.

Dos and Win versions below
Attachments
new_industriesw.zip
(25.23 KiB) Downloaded 1935 times
new_industries.zip
(24.38 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times
Last edited by Born Acorn on 19 Jul 2006 12:09, edited 5 times in total.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Neato Born. Good to see the oil plant finally released. They're definatly going into my five TTDPatch newgrf setups.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
zero1000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: Munich area, Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by zero1000 »

really nice!
now i can improve all my coal power plant to more modern oil power plant ;-)
zero1000
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Very nice indeed !
If I have this grf loaded, will these industries be placed on a randomly generated map (I guess not) ? Or do I have to buy them from the "fund new industry" window?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

jacke wrote:Very nice indeed !
If I have this grf loaded, will these industries be placed on a randomly generated map (I guess not) ? Or do I have to buy them from the "fund new industry" window?
They will be randomly generated, yes :wink:
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Ok, nice :) Have to try this later when I'm on windows
Btw, how many total "slots" are there for (new) industries ?
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

jacke wrote:Ok, nice :) Have to try this later when I'm on windows
Btw, how many total "slots" are there for (new) industries ?
Jacke, Wine 20041201 will run TTDPatch quite nicely. All you have to do is add the reg settings manually to ~/.wine/system.reg

Code: Select all

[Software\\FISH Technology Group\\Transport Tycoon Deluxe] 1115452306
"DisplayModeNumber"=dword:00000003
"ForceDIBSection"=dword:00000000
"FullScreen"=dword:00000001
"HDPath"="C:\\MPS\\TTWin95\\"
"Installed"=dword:00000003
"Language"=dword:00000000
"MidiType"=dword:00000001
"MousePointer"=dword:00000000
"RetraceSync"=dword:00000000
"SafeMode"=dword:00000000
"UpdateMode"=dword:00000001
Make sure that in your fake C drive that you use the same directory path listed above. Or atleast change the reg settings.[/code]

jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Thanks for the info Aegir ! :)
I once had ttd+patch running in wine, after following a ttd-in-linux guide written by Sordid(or what was his name?). I think I'm gonna set it up in linux again now.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Yes, just make sure that you compile Wine from source. And DONT use a build from 2005. None of them work. 20041201 is the last working version.

Look in Ibiblio's Linux software archives (Under ALPHA) for the tarballs of source.

Hope that helps.

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

jacke wrote:Btw, how many total "slots" are there for (new) industries?
There are a total of 37 industry slots. Each slot can have a different definition in each climate.

I am perfectly willing to code more industries, though at some point we may want to start doing this correctly: discussing which industries we want, getting them drawn, and then coding them all into the same GRF file.

Those GRF files don't really show the full power of the new industry feature:
- The same industry can have multiple shapes/sizes
- Industry tiles (like houses) have 4 construction states
- Industry tile appearance can change depending the industry's construction date, the current date, ground type, randomly, &c.
- Industries can be coded to only appear at certain times in the game.

We cannot animate new industries yet, but Csaboka is working on that.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Hitperson
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hitperson »

could you get an oil power plant that runs on oil from refineries (of course you will need a new refinery) because it would be more real then running on crude oil :P :P
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

I think new industries need a co-ordinated approach, else we will create chaos. Can new caargo types be added? I think we should completely plan a new industry structure, then different people can go away and draw different sets (like with the trainsets) but the basic structures and cargo types remain constant, else it will get too confusing
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

We cannot add cargo types (except possibly one in artic where there are only 11) and I would prefer not to touch the cargo types anyway, except in conjunction with a vehicle replacement set. Changing the cargo names (the only thing that can be changed, AFAICT) won't break anything, but changing eg "Livestock" to "Wine" may cause some confusion.

I do not intend to code anything that does not use the current cargo types, but I am willing to remove/replace the old industries.

@lost: No. That would require a new cargo type.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Its not possible to add new cargo types but i did hear somone was working on that.
hovering teacup
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by hovering teacup »

can i hack this thread for more general questions about the new industries ?

a bug: the twelfth cargo type in the temperate is available in refit only with the more-industries-per-climate switch on. with no doubt the 'or' cargo, disabled in the alpine, should be unavailable in refit in that climate (here i have no prob because i have vehicles set to that cargo by default).

a bug: the chemney of electric plant dosn't fume if the new grf is activated when it becomes complete... ie. it's ok if you found it with the grf on and then turn it off and wait till its construction is terminated.

a bug: farm's building (barns -- the tiles 23 and 24) becomes the coal mine's wheel tower when the farm is served...

a question: is there the table of colour code for the property 19 of the action 0 feature 0A ?

a question: is there any way to put the smoke that's from the chemney of electric plant on other tiles ?

a question: is there any way to limit the apparition of certain industry to tiles near the water (water everywhere, not only near the edge of the map) ? and similarly, to prohibit certain industries on the desert and the snow ?

a question: is there any way of linking the production amount of an industriy type to the town population nearby ? or alternatively, to keep the production per industry the same, and the number of the industries in question proportional to the town population ?

i'll post more as find more problems. thanks for reading
------------------------
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I was discussing with Csaboka on IRC the possibility of splitting the factory into 3 separate industries...

1. Factory - Receives Steel, produces goods
2. Brewery - Receives Grain/Wheat, Produces goods (or food)
3. Packing Plant - Receives Livestock, produces goods (or food)

I've doodled up a basic structure for the packing plant, obviously it's far from don. (I'm adding another bit of building behind it so it'll be 3X4)

I've also started a brewery
Attachments
Beginnings of packing plant
Beginnings of packing plant
Packingplantstart.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 35018 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

For the bugs, post a demonstrating savegame, cfgs, &c.
hovering teacup wrote:a question: is there the table of colour code for the property 19 of the action 0 feature 0A ?
Yes. It is, of course, on the action 2 feature 7/9 page (about halfway down), so the fact that you couldn't find it is understandable.
hovering teacup wrote:a question: is there any way to put the smoke that's from the chemney of electric plant on other tiles?
Not per se. Once animation is added, it can be done that way, though.
hovering teacup wrote:a question: is there any way to limit the apparition of certain industry to tiles near the water (water everywhere, not only near the edge of the map) ? and similarly, to prohibit certain industries on the desert and the snow ?
No on the first; I think so, but it's not pretty on the second.
hovering teacup wrote:a question: is there any way of linking the production amount of an industriy type to the town population nearby ? or alternatively, to keep the production per industry the same, and the number of the industries in question proportional to the town population ?
No.

Of course, these "no"s don't preclude the possiblility of someone adding that feature.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

New fenced versions here soon.

Thats a cool Packing plant DanMacK
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

DanMacK: Nice :)

Aegir: I got it working by using the 2004-12-01 version of wine(versions from 2005 didn't work, like you said), and it runs quite well :) The only issue is that the KDE panel is shown in the lower right part of the screen, and I can't get rid of it.
Attachments
ttdlinux.png
ttdlinux.png (252.03 KiB) Viewed 35006 times
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

Cool new industries! :)

Do they work for all languages?
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.

Return to “Graphics Development”