New Industries for TTDPatch

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

And will the tower-thingy (what's it called) have flames?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hyronymus wrote:And will the tower-thingy (what's it called) have flames?
His name is Derrick. :lol:
I like that flame idea but that would be for a flare stack set a bit away from the derrick and the rocking horses and holding tanks. :)
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The Derricks were kinda like a land-oil rig, but are often replaced by the "nodding donkeys" or "rocking horse" Oil Pumps, straight into pipelines.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

From what I understand, the Derricks were used for the initial drilling, and then replaced by the nodding donkeys for pumping the oil out.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

But it's always nice to have some kind of decoration, isn't it?

Now in line with the oil wells I thought about natural gas as a possible industry. Only problem is that the common means of transportation is by pipeline, at least in West-Europe.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

They do liquify it for transport by ship or road/rail though, such as the LNG ship in NewShips.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

If that's realistic enough you could consider including gas pocket installations.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

wallyweb wrote:it would be neet if the oil field started out as all oil derricks drilling for oil, which are replaced after a few years by the "rocking horse" pumps.
I wonder if this could be accomplished as construction phases.
Construction phases, no. But this should not be difficult to do with animation.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Hyronymus wrote:I think the model could use more shading too.
Where?
Born Acorn wrote:I thought the brown building was a Barn, hence the loft door at the end
Yes
Hyronymus wrote:In that case it really needs some additional details :).
Yes, but what and where?
Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

George wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:In that case it really needs some additional details :).
Yes, but what and where?
It needs a house anyways, since most farmers live at their own farm.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

prissi wrote:Ok, here some other buildings from MHz (Georg). If you use them, please just add, that these were made for Simutrans (that there is no impression, that simutrans steals from others.)
May I use this graphics in ECS?
What credits should I give?

Also you wrote that you converted them. Could you post original graphics in its original state. It would be also cool if they are in layers in PSD files (to split ground sprites from objects).
Image Image Image Image
routeer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Industries for TTDPatch

Post by routeer »

4 years have passed since the last post. My question is: ¿This industries are abandoned or are in development yet? (Sorry about my english, i am just learning to speak, read and write)

I like thos graphics and i hope to see this graphics released soon.

Thanks to all of grf artist for this beautiful industries. :bow:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I suspect that if 4 years have passed since the last post of this topic that the set was abandoned.
That said, there are a fair few other industry sets out there with quite decent graphics.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Lakie wrote:That said, there are a fair few other industry sets out there with quite decent graphics.
FIRS Industry Replacement Set is a work in progress, but the test release is quite playable.

Get the grf here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=44177
See the finished sprites here:http://tt-foundry.com/sets/FIRS/schema/graphics
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

andythenorth wrote:FIRS Industry Replacement Set is a work in progress, but the test release is quite playable.
Does this mean that you intend to provide us with a TTDPatch (Check the topic :wink: ) version after all? :mrgreen:

@routeer: Checkout Pikkabird's UKRS as well as George's ECS Industries. Both of these were originally conceived for TTDPatch and they play quite well there and the graphics are amazing for both.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

wallyweb wrote:
andythenorth wrote:FIRS Industry Replacement Set is a work in progress, but the test release is quite playable.
Does this mean that you intend to provide us with a TTDPatch (Check the topic :wink: ) version after all?
I'm not right now....but....due to the way FIRS is made it would be possible if someone were interested.

We use many separate nfo files, not just one big one, and all the IDs etc are set as variables. A make file then puts the whole thing together. Sounds complicated, but thanks to some very dedicated work by some of the OpenTTD Coop guys, it's really simple to use.

That makes it much easier for someone to do a TTDPatch version. The hard part would be in working out the industry chains, and possibly reassigning industry and cargo IDs. Feel free to join us :) I've gone enough OT here, but just want to add that the same could apply to FISH and (with a little work) HEQS.

cheers,

Andy
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

andythenorth wrote:and possibly reassigning industry and cargo IDs.
Cargo IDs shouldn't be a problem; OpenTTD and TTDPatch are both limited to 32 cargos.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

DaleStan wrote:
andythenorth wrote:and possibly reassigning industry and cargo IDs.
Cargo IDs shouldn't be a problem; OpenTTD and TTDPatch are both limited to 32 cargos.
Even easier then.

Our code is easy to find if anyone wants to experiment. http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/firs/repository
Schematics and such here: http://tt-foundry.com/sets/FIRS/schema/industries
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

andythenorth wrote:Our code is easy to find if anyone wants to experiment. http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/firs/repository
And where do people can see PSD files, that you cut into sprites?
Image Image Image Image
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

George wrote:
andythenorth wrote:Our code is easy to find if anyone wants to experiment. http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/firs/repository
And where do people can see PSD files, that you cut into sprites?
Under the 'sources' directory you see when following the first link you quoted.

Return to “Graphics Development”