Graphics Expirement: Double length coaches

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Purno wrote:I was trying to upload this yesterday but suddenly the forums wouldn't load anymore :roll:
Explanation: The 8/8 coach contains the full coach sprite, where the 5/8 coaches contain completely empty sprites. This way the coaches will not bend.
The problem would be that the part of the wagon will overflow
Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Not if you make the coach long enough and make the empty sprite only 5/8 of total length, AFAIK.

Would it also be possible to have traincarriages shorter than 5/8?

EDIT: Oops, didn't look closely. How can that happen with a transparent sprite?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You can pick pretty much any spacer size you want. Strictly, 3/8 is the shortest possible, but after that the real wagon can be shortened.

It looks to me like the (non-transparent) station sprites are clipping the wagon.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DaleStan wrote:You can pick pretty much any spacer size you want. Strictly, 3/8 is the shortest possible, but after that the real wagon can be shortened.
Really? Never knew that :roll:
It looks to me like the (non-transparent) station sprites are clipping the wagon.
That would be a more logical reason. George, does this problem also occurs outside stations?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Purno wrote:That would be a more logical reason. George, does this problem also occurs outside stations?
Yes. on slopes
Image Image Image Image
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

George wrote: Image
That pic. The rails. the power lines, the gravel. The trains, has all that been released.

Me wantey!
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

George wrote:Yes. on slopes
Those wagons on slopes would look more sick than in curves ... don't they? :shock:
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Saskia wrote:
George wrote:Yes. on slopes
Those wagons on slopes would look more sick than in curves ... don't they? :shock:
No, because I we use some solution for it (we pay with twice more sprites)
Image Image Image Image
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

For all those interested in downloading files from my http://forums.ttdrussia.net
The access problem seems to have been solved.

2George: we are now moving to another, more reliable hosting. All files have been safely moved, including all .grfs. I hope, now no one will have access problems.

2Everybody: sorry for the offtopic.
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

George wrote:No, because I we use some solution for it (we pay with twice more sprites)
Could you show us? :D
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Saskia wrote:
George wrote:No, because I we use some solution for it (we pay with twice more sprites)
Could you show us? :D
I have done it already. At the top of the page
Image Image Image Image
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

well i can't seem to even go to the site....
could you please post that image here?

Return to “Graphics Development”