..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Sanchimaru wrote:Also, the sprites you have linked to the early mineral hopper seem to me to be best fitting for the mineral hopper (more downwards) Those early hoppers are really tiny...
I think there is no that hopper in tracking table at all :wink: It's dumper hopper.
And here's 319 Retales loco:
Attachments
319retales.png
319retales.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think you are not happy with the placing of some of the sprites in the table, but I am not clear on what you want me to do.

I think some of these trains, particularly the locos, could use some more shading/randomizing.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

krtaylor wrote:I think you are not happy with the placing of some of the sprites in the table, but I am not clear on what you want me to do.
I just suggested for hopper to put it in tracking table, because it's Spanish, and it's not in tracking table.
krtaylor wrote:I think some of these trains, particularly the locos, could use some more shading/randomizing.
Thanx for suggestions. :D I put them here, and every suggestion is welcome and improves everybody's work (including mine, of course) and every set. I'm glad to know my mistakes and I'll try to correct them ASAP.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think I have everything that's been posted, already in the tracking table. Can you take another look, and if I missed something, point it out to me? Thanks.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I think Sanchimaru means that 2-axle hopper is 1950's mineral hopper, but you put it as 1920's mineral hopper. But it's not that hopper, it's hopper on photo on previous page, and it's not in table (see opening bottom).

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Now maybe we are getting a little closer. You mean the hopper that I have with the early (1920) mineral hopper, which on my server is file named u-zz.gif, is not from the 1920s but actually is from the 1950s? OK, I can change that.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hola!

I've been working in the 030 Cockerill. Here it is now, let me hear any suggestions about it.
Attachments
first steam locomotive to be available in the Spain set
first steam locomotive to be available in the Spain set
030.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 4984 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I would need to see it in the game to be sure, but I think it is too fat, and not detailed enough to get a good look at it.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hm, I can't give it more detal at this moment... and if we make it be any slimmer, I think it will be unrecognizable... I'd like to ask the opinion of people with more experience: DanMack has a lot of great steamers over there, but those are big ones. SingaporeKid, the m45t3r of st34m3r5, have you any advice here? and of course, recently Michael Blunck joined, it would be a honor to get some hints from him.

I have slightly retouched it (almost nothing) and added two liveries: In some documentation I've found about the 030 there are different models; very similar, but not the same. They are in black and yellow livery
Attachments
double sized
double sized
030x2.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 4966 times
030.png
030.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 4966 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I guess what I'm saying is, it's too squat. I mean, it's too wide in proportion to its height.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

ah, ok, I'll try to add 1 pixel later. But still no hint about the detailing...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Actually I think you might do better to remove one pixel, from the width, so as to make it narrower.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

This is the version 1 pixel narrower.
Attachments
cockerill030.png
cockerill030.png (2.59 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, now it needs lighter shading on the sun side. But I think you got the shape anyway.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

A bit of bright added to the sun side of the Cockerill.

Also began working on passenger cars. This is the set for 1920 long distance cars: normal passenger car, cinema car, and baggage car
Attachments
cockerill030.png
cockerill030.png (4.96 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
pass1920.png
pass1920.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 4844 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well... maybe... :? I guess this one's a toughie.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

why don't we leave it as it is right now, and see if after some other work is done we can improve this, or someone else comes up with a better bersion?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK. Moving right along, what's next?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Next are passenger and mail cars. These are mostly all of them...
Since the model is the same, only slight livery changes, I did them all in a moment. However there are yet some details to be added, but here they are.
I'm not sure about the dates yet; we'll have to ask our contacts in Spain. I'm not sure how were these liveries used (main line, regionals, etc...)
I need to know if I'm missing any important livery, to add it.
Attachments
mail.png
mail.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 4773 times
passenger.png
passenger.png (19.14 KiB) Viewed 4773 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Definitely we need generational, date, and usage information on these.

Return to “Graphics Development”