..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Post by maquinista »

Ikesankom wrote:Hi maquinista! I'm newbie in this forum. I've played TTD since many years ago and OpenTTD since some. When I found the Spain set is the only I can use. I'm a fanatic of spanish trains.
Before I register in this forum, I' ve follow this and other threads about your spanish set and I though this thread and other were "dead". Because I thought the set will never be improved and fixed, I try to do it myself, but only get to see the sprites.
I hope you' ll carry on making the spanish set and obtain the license in order to be online. If I can help in something don't forget it. :) .
Hi!

At this moment this set is a bit stopped. I don't know what to do... Maybe I could try to create a new version specific for OpenTTD with fixed trains (EMU and DMU) and all Spanish trains.

The biggest problem is that this could add new bugs, but... It could leave a easier code, because at this moment I have and spaghetti code which doesn't allow too many changes. Also, It could allow a single file to add all trains (narrow gauge, private companies, historic trains, future trains...). A nice feature could be to have separated coach models (UIC-X (8000), 9000, corrail (9600), "star" (10000)...) instead of generic ones.

I would need to draw a GRF file with 1500v overhead wires and code them with the high speed tracks. Then, I would nee to separate the spaghetti code (not very difficult) and code the coaches. Then I could move the locomotives and EMUs.

I can try to create a table of compatible trains (440, 432, 433, 100, 102, 103, 130...) and tracks (1500v, 3000v, high speed, narrow gauge...). It could be a good start.

What do you think?
cod_fuente_spainset.rar
Sourcecode.
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
---------------------
PS: In this time I have been trying to write a small game, It's not easy, but I'm getting a bit of progress. I hope that some day it could work.
Attachments
Screenshot with some trees and roads.
Screenshot with some trees and roads.
fichero40.png (50.29 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Water, road, fences...
Water, road, fences...
fichero34.png (81 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have created this table with train and rail compatibilities.
  • 0: The train can't stay here.
  • 1: The train can stay on these rails, but It can't run itself.
  • 2: The train can run on this rail.
These are the tracks used:
  • 120/160/200: Spanish gauge rails without overhead wires.
  • -3 kw: overhead wires with 3 kw (most of electrifies railways).
  • -1.5 kw: overhead wires with 1.5 kw (now, used only in narrow gauge)
  • -25 kw: overhead wires with 25 kw (used in high speed lines)
  • UIC: Standard gauge rails (used for high speed)
  • 3R: Tracks with 3 rails. There are a few lines here.
  • NG: narrow gauge.
These are the example trains:
  • 334: Diesel locomotive.
  • 440: A 3kw EMU.
  • 441: A 1.5 kw EMU.
  • 289: A dual voltage (1.5 and 3 kw) locomotive.
  • 102: A high speed train with UIC gauge.
  • 120: A dual voltage (25 kw and 3 kw) and variable axle gauge (UIC and Iberian) train.
  • 730: A train that can run on every line but narrow gauge.
  • 2400: a narrow gauge DMU.
  • 442: a narrow gauge EMU.
I'm not sure if this could be done easily, but It covers most of Spanish trains and tracks.
Maybe I need additional railtypes for dual trains. If not, I can try to add a rack rail.
Attachments
Table with train and rail compatibilities.
Table with train and rail compatibilities.
trains_rails.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 6834 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

maquinista wrote:PS: In this time I have been trying to write a small game, It's not easy, but I'm getting a bit of progress. I hope that some day it could work.
What kind of roads is that? It looks like Locomotion roads in OpenTTD, or it could be OpenGFX in Locomotion :)
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
maquinista wrote:PS: In this time I have been trying to write a small game, It's not easy, but I'm getting a bit of progress. I hope that some day it could work.
What kind of roads is that? Are you bringing Locomotion roads to OpenTTD, or OpenGFX to Locomotion?
I'm writing it from scratch. The roads are based on OpenTTD roads with S bends, big curves and 1:2 slopes. The sprites was done by me some years ago (transport empire).
The terrain uses sprites like locomotion, but they have some differences. The sprites are taken from OpenGFX, but I will draw my own sprites.

The game is flat, instead of the 3D world of locomotion. I have tried to write a game with a 3D world, but... It was too difficult for me.

My idea it to create a game with some city simulation and some transport simulation. It's a lot of work, but maybe I can finish it some day.
It needs lots of things:
  • Finish streets and roads (bulldoze roads, slopes...).
  • Walls in terrain.
  • Bridges.
  • Motorways.
  • Airports?
  • Seaports
  • Buildins (residential, commercial, industry).
  • Services.
  • Vehicles (pathfinding, movement...)
  • A small passenger and freight simulation engine.
  • A small city simulation engine / economic model.
  • Money and a score system...
  • Maybe a optimised sprite loader.
My idea is that when You set a new train route, It doesn't give you money, it cost money. If the train has lots of users, its cost will be smaller. The money comes from taxes.
City zones should be connected with transportation systems. Otherwise, buildings will refuse to grow. Maybe they can generate a small car or truck if they can't find a public transportation route.

Maybe I could try to add some social values (health, crime, pollution...), but this game will take some years with a small simulation engine.

At this time, I must plan how I will create the simulation engine. I don't know what to do. Maybe I could add "roads outside the terrain", to connect the may city with "others". Maybe I can have a capital city at the center of the terrain and some small villages/towns/cities around it, connected with roads and railways.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

If it's a city-based game then please let it have an underground mode!
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

maquinista wrote:These are the tracks used:
  • 120/160/200: Spanish gauge rails without overhead wires.
  • -3 kw: overhead wires with 3 kw (most of electrifies railways).
  • -1.5 kw: overhead wires with 1.5 kw (now, used only in narrow gauge)
  • -25 kw: overhead wires with 25 kw (used in high speed lines)
  • UIC: Standard gauge rails (used for high speed)
  • 3R: Tracks with 3 rails. There are a few lines here.
  • NG: narrow gauge.
Concerning the railtypes, have a read through http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/St ... ype_Scheme

for dual-power or dual-gauge engines you need a special track type (one for each combination)

you will want to use the 1st letter (gauge), 2nd letter (speed limit) and 4th letter (energy source type) to differentiate your tracks. you don't want to model axle load, so you can ignore the 3rd letter (use always set "A", define the others as "alternate labels")

in the trackset you might then have
  • unelectrified 120: B [Broad gauge] A [low speed limit] A [any axle load] N [not electrified] -> "BAAN"
  • unelectrified 160: BBAN
  • unelectrified 200: BCAN
  • 3kV 120: BAAD [high voltage DC]
  • 3kV 160: BBAD
  • 3kV 200: BCAD
  • 1.5 kV 120: BAAd [low voltage DC] (if you're short on railtype space, consider leaving this one out)
  • helper for multi-power 3kV/1.5kV: BAAE (be aware that other rail type GRFs may interprete this as "all power types". you can choose a different letter e.g. BAAe to get more distinguished)
  • 25 kV 200: BAAA [high voltage AC]
  • UIC: SAAA (or SAAE) [standard gauge, AC] (consider also providing SAAN for compatibility with other sets and providing wagons, these two railtypes would then be alternate labels for "RAIL" and "ELRL")
  • unelectrified 3R: DAAN [dual gauge]
  • 3kV 3R: DAAD
  • 25kV 3R: DAAA
  • helper for multi-power multi-gauge: DAAE
  • unelectrified NG: NAAN [narrow gauge]
  • 1.5kV NG: NAAE [no distinguishing of power type]
the vehicle set only sets the railtype the vehicle preferably runs on, e.g. (the fallback will be specified in your railtype translation table)
  • 334: BAAN [fallback RAIL]
  • 440: BAAD [fallback ELRL]
  • 441: BAAd [fallback ELRL]
  • 289: BAAE [fallback ELRL]
  • 102: SAAA [fallback ELRL]
  • 120: DAAE [fallback ELRL]
  • 730: DAAN [fallback RAIL]
  • 2400: NAAN [no fallback -> disabled if no narrow gauge track set available]
  • 443: NAAE
the track set can then come up with a scheme of which rails are "powered" ("2" in your table) and which are "compatible" ("1" in your table). personally, i'd switch a few "0" into "1", e.g. the 440/441/289 should get "1" in 25kV 200, and the 120 should get "1" on unelectrified 120/160/200 and 120 1.5kV
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks, It's very useful!

I think that there are tree scenarios:

A) a player which doesn't care about gauge and only wants to add different trains mixed. In that case the proposed fallbacks could be useful.

B) a player which wants to play with trains of different countries, but trying to keep a bit of realism (a Europe Scenario). In this case It should be provided a GRF file with two broad gauge railtypes (electried and not electrified). Maybe a 3rd rail railtype could be interesting.

C) a player which wants to play with the Spain set alone. In this case, the default labels (RAIL and ELRL) could be used for 200 km/h railtypes. It should be provided a GRF which modifies the sprites of the default railways and adds the other labels.

--

Maybe I should use this with RAIL and ELRL:
http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Ac ... s_.281D.29
Alvia S-730
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alvia S-730 »

How is the proyect?
Alvia S-730
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alvia S-730 »

cod_fuente_spainset.rar
How i can install this Spain Set some one can explain me.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Extract the contents of the .rar archive into your OpenTTD "newgrf" folder.
Alvia S-730
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alvia S-730 »

I have stracted (it has to be in another folder?) in newgrf.

I have the old one (v 1.24) in the menu to install it but i have installed the v1.28
But in the menu of openttd it does not apareace these one.

OpenTTD Newgfr folder.jpg
(202.16 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

My apologies, I assumed that you were installing the compiled "taster" NewGRF.

To use the files you have downloaded, you will need to finish editing the NFO file, and then compile a NewGRF using GRFCODEC. Based on the post by Maquinista where you found this file, it doesn't appear that this version is actually ready to be used in games. Unless you actually want to learn how to edit sprites and code and contribute to the development of the project, these files will probably not be of use to you. You should continue to use the compiled version 1.24 NewGRF.
naningil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by naningil »

Hello friends, i couldnt download the compiled version of renfe set trains for windows 32 and 64... i could download the cod_fuente_spainset file...

Could you help me ... Where can i download the compiled file?

Thanks for all
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

naningil wrote:Hello friends, i couldnt download the compiled version of renfe set trains for windows 32 and 64... i could download the cod_fuente_spainset file...

Could you help me ... Where can i download the compiled file?

Thanks for all
http://www.as-st.com/ttd/renfe/
naningil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by naningil »

Thanks friend ;)

Return to “Graphics Development”