..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> I didn't find this varable (9F) on Patchman's site.

It´s offset 1F in the vehicle array.

regards
Michael
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

For if it wasn't enough with one, here comes another...

Let's see if with this darker version, the rod looks better for the 140.

And now that the 240 is finished too, I hope that the red rod looks fine. I can easily replace it with a different color anytime.
Attachments
240.png
240.png (5.03 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
140.png
140.png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

übernice work Sanchimaru :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

michael blunck wrote:It´s offset 1F in the vehicle array.
Thanks, Michael. :D
sanchimaru wrote:Let's see if with this darker version, the rod looks better for the 140.

And now that the 240 is finished too, I hope that the red rod looks fine. I can easily replace it with a different color anytime.
Sanchimaru, the 240 looks great! and the rod of the 140 looks much better. :wink:
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's the 140. I think the graphics are right, but the positioning problem is back.
Attachments
140.gif
140.gif (2.79 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

And here's the 240. This one, I think is great as is.
Attachments
240.gif
240.gif (1.8 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

krtaylor wrote:Here's the 140. I think the graphics are right, but the positioning problem is back.
No problem, even I can fix it.
Attachments
140.png
140.png (25.36 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Argh, again... That locomotive must be doomed or something... thanks a lot for lending a hand, Death!

Mr. Powers: I am surprised to know that you weren't aware of the existance of this set, sir! I should have told you earlier. I'm glad that you are working on another of the famous "Powers scenarios"!! can't wait to play it, sir.
About the industries:
The north is rich in mines and forests; while the south has plantations and fruits.

I'll be watching your thread for progress, sir 8)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Death, something seems to be wrong with the encoding of that file; it displays fine on my screen, but won't save properly as a PNG file. The browser seems to think it should be saved as a BMP. My paint program can read it that way, but pallette order is important, so I'm worried that that might get bolloxed. Can you repost it as a PNG, with the correct pallette?

Here's the animated GIF anyway, that won't be affected. And I think you've got it!

BTW, is the 240 satisfactory, and ready to go on the tracking table now?
Attachments
140.gif
140.gif (1.95 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Great work!

By the way, I was taking a look at the progress. We are really getting near!
Here are some parts of the tracking table that I think that need to be uypdated:
> 030 "perruca" steam: I attach here the final version, with 3 liveries. So you can mark that one as red (done)
> 141 "mikado" appears as orange. Is anything missing?
> first the tanker sprites are listed: without picture, and marked as red. A bit more down there is an entry for "tanker" with all the pictures alone (no sprites) and marked as green. I think you can match those pictures to some of the sprites above:
-the picture with a white tanker with red stripes reading "CEPSA" for oil
-the rusty one for goods
-the green one reading "TRAMESA" for olive oil
> 103 AVE: I have known that this train is named "Velaro", we can add that nickname to it. Also, here is a better picture: http://tinypic.com/e8u7h5.jpg
> we also have a better picture for the 334 diesel: attached

That should do it!
Attachments
loc334~13.jpg
loc334~13.jpg (177.06 KiB) Viewed 629 times
030.png
030.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

krtaylor wrote:Death, something seems to be wrong with the encoding of that file; it displays fine on my screen, but won't save properly as a PNG file. The browser seems to think it should be saved as a BMP. My paint program can read it that way, but pallette order is important, so I'm worried that that might get bolloxed. Can you repost it as a PNG, with the correct pallette?
Oops... I didn't notice. As sanchimaru said this locomative must be doomed. Here it is:
Attachments
140.png
140.png (2.96 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

This set is shaping up REALLY nice guys! Looking forward to playing a game with it.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

New version: 1.15

New changes:
  • :arrow: New locomotives:
    • 140 "confederacion" Steam
      240 "mastodonte" Steam
    :arrow: Better alignment for all locomotives and cars
    :arrow: Boxcar blinking problem now fixed
    :arrow: Talgo I now have more power (x10)
    :arrow: More fixing work
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

All quite nice!! I like the new locomotives!

By the way, I noticed this:
I only get the set's freight cars (small boxcar and regular tanker) and the game's water tanker. Is there any way to get the original freight cars too in the game? or we should wait until the own freight cars are done?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, I updated the table again. Here's some questions and comments.

1. Are you planning on animating the 030, or is it too small?

2. The Mikado is done, I've changed the color.

3. Tankers list adjusted, please look. But I think their order is confused - it sounded like you said the sprites were categorized correctly, but the pictures don't match.

4. Animations uploaded.

Anything else needing change?
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:By the way, I noticed this:
I only get the set's freight cars (small boxcar and regular tanker) and the game's water tanker. Is there any way to get the original freight cars too in the game? or we should wait until the own freight cars are done?
No, we don't have to wait. They appear in 1950 because its't the earliest year in the official TTD. If you like I can make them appear in 1920.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, the taster isn't really playable without them. Does it have enough locos in it to be actually playable? I'm not sure that it does.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

krtaylor: nice update, thanks! I think everything is fine as it is: since the tankers are done there is no problem.

Death: If it's not too much work, I'd like to have the freight cars since 1920. However, since they will eventually be replaced, you don't need to work on it if it's too tedious.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:Death: If it's not too much work, I'd like to have the freight cars since 1920. However, since they will eventually be replaced, you don't need to work on it if it's too tedious.
No problem.
By the way, I've just finished the grf of the towns names, check it out:
Attachments
spanishnames.zip
Spanish Towns Names
(36.51 KiB) Downloaded 1833 times
Last edited by Death on 18 Jun 2006 13:29, edited 5 times in total.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

It works really nice, Death! Exactly as I wanted :] This set is progressing a lot, I'm very proud of the nice teamwork.

The newest patch allows to keep some of the game options, but not all. Well, that's and advance.
Also, it's somehow annoying that if you quit a game and start a new one, english town names will appear even if the spanish names are marked. You have to select some other option, and then spanish again.
Even this is not quite a big deal, since one doesn't start a lot of games, only at the beginning.

krtaylor: can we host the town names file at the site? The trains GRF tasters change very fast, so it's better to keep track of them directly here.

And changing subject: stevenh seems to have advanced a lot in the articulated road vehicles section!! I tried his new patch yesterday, and it's fantastic.
I am absolutely going to make a trams set for Spain! Indeed a while ago I already drew one. But with the new articulated vehicles patch, we can have the newer trams in Bilbao and Barcelona.

Return to “Graphics Development”