Need help coding a road vehicle set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Need help coding a road vehicle set

Post by NekoMaster »

I tried looking through andythenorth's road hog stuff but its just way too different for me to understand with the mix of python and NML stuff to go through.

I would rather code a road vehicle set the hard way doing it like I do for my train sets like the NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC and the Belgian Train Set.

if you look here you'll be able to see what I mean and how I want it set up : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfrv5nwjnq1q ... aL0_a?dl=0

I was wondering if perhaps someone could help me out getting a road vehicle set going, and perhaps provide some code for me to work with (right now I have 18 bus sprites ready to go). If someone can supply some code I'll make sure to give credit in my Generic American Road Vehicle Set (I dont like to leave people out that helped)

Currently I need help with coding a small early style bus, a modern style bus, and I have articulated buses that need code.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, plus I'm sure some people out there would probably enjoy having a bunch of american style buses in their game at the moment.

Here is a link to my GARVS Project folder : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lctqwrnahyvi ... _pZda?dl=0 (the bus sprites are in the graphics folder)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Need help coding a road vehicle set

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:Hog raw nml road-hog.nml
I know your busy with your projects, life, and your kids, but do you think you could help me set it up like how my train set projects are? Also at the moment I just want to get my buses going. In the future I'll look into getting trucks done, but this is a lot of work to understand how it all works even if I'm starting to understand how to read NML (but not code it from stratch)

Honestly I'm better at having a code sample in a setup I'm use to compared to having to learn everything from scratch. Thats why I asked if maybe someone could provide the NML for a truck, articulated bus, and normal bus. I figure that should be easy enough for me to understand and use.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”