UK Renewal Train Set [1.4 release 4/12]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DaleStan wrote:To fix the vertical offset problem, use an Action D to write to variable 8E
Ah, that worked, but it wasn't what I was trying to do. :)

My tenders appear a few pixels closer to the loco on the info view than they do on the track... however, I just checked the DB Set and it has the same problem (although, possibly because of the different graphic style, it's not as noticeable)... so I'm not going to worry about it. :)

If I can get the Purchase List straightened out, then I'll release the steamers tonight.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Couldn't get the purchase list sprites to work (Well, they did work, but they broke everything else and I don't feel like trying again tonight).

Here's version 0.1 of the steam locos, if anyone wants a play.
(removed)

Other than the locos, the .grf also makes the passenger carriage and armoured van available from 1920, removes the speedlimit from the armoured van, and replaces the graphics for the Grain Hopper with something a little more realistic (the original Grain Hopper graphics will be reused for a coal hopper when I do the diesel set).
Last edited by PikkaBird on 27 Apr 2005 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Wow! That's awesome!
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Finally some tendered, British Steam locomotives in TTD, and with company colours. I like them A LOT.
And that grain hopper is awesome.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Bloddy Brilliant. :shock:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Looks Great, good work :)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Looks good, have downloaded and will have a quick play around later. ;)
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

It is excellent. If OTTD supported callbacks Id suggest this replace the orginals! :D
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

an offtopic question: pikka, those models at pikkarail.com (which are absolutely stunningly awesome by the way), are those for use with the Microsoft Train Simulator or something else?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
apieceofmaria
Engineer
Engineer

Re: BR Miniset [0.1 release]

Post by apieceofmaria »

PikkaBird wrote:[first post left for posting updates]

v0.1 of the steam locos can be Downloaded. See page 2 for details.
Wicked! Just what I was looking for!
Theres a piece of maria... in every song that I sing
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

astath wrote:an offtopic question: pikka, those models at pikkarail.com (which are absolutely stunningly awesome by the way), are those for use with the Microsoft Train Simulator or something else?
Auran Trainz and Trains 2004
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Pikka, they look great! One thing though, I'd narrow the drivers on the _ views on the 0-6-0 and the A4. The A4 in it's current incarnation looks like a 4-6-0 - no trailing wheel :D

Otherwise, it looks excellent. Any plans for a Class 55?
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Born Acorn wrote:
astath wrote:an offtopic question: pikka, those models at pikkarail.com (which are absolutely stunningly awesome by the way), are those for use with the Microsoft Train Simulator or something else?
Auran Trainz and Trains 2004
oh, darn! well, thanks.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DanMacK wrote:The A4 in it's current incarnation looks like a 4-6-0 - no trailing wheel :D
I've changed the wheels around a bit on the A4, tidied up the splashers, and given it its proper black front (and gold chime whistle!).

The viaduct in the image is also now included in the pack (same download link above), as a seperate .grf. It replaces the wooden bridge, is available from 1920, and has a speed limit of 80mph. To compensate, it's expensive (or at least, as expensive as is possible - it's the same price as the tubular bridge), and it pushes the introduction date of the ubiquitous 150mph Steel Girder bridge back to 1950 (most of the other bridges are introduced in 1930).
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

PikkaBird, did you use GRFMaker, in the end, to encode your set / bridges?
If so, I may lend assistance on using different sprites in the depot purchase list.
Image please use email instead of PM
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

:Shock: These are amazing! Simply amazing! Waaaayyy better than the originals!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Szappy wrote:PikkaBird, did you use GRFMaker, in the end, to encode your set / bridges?
Nope, they're hand-coded. Only tool I've been using is NFORenum.

Got half the diesel locos in tonight... these are (so far) relatively easy. :)
AndrewA
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by AndrewA »

Very nice work here! I was wondering if I could use the Class 66 (when you've finished it) as a base for using in the BRSet. I'd reliver them as we're not going player colour but they'd give me a fantastic base, it really are fantastic in the view you've posted. :D The dutch set might also be interested I think - there are some running in The Netherlands too. Obviously you'd be credited. For info on the BR Set just see the wiki in my sig - note that I had drawn a 66 in a hurry for the last version but yours is way better. :)
Nothing to see here
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

AndrewA wrote:I'd reliver them as we're not going player colour
It's probably more accurate to say that we're using prototypical liveries, since we will have both real-colour and player-colour versions of the liveries (we will, and that's final; they're more realistic - I'll repaint them myself if necessary ;-)). It's just that we won't necessarily have the same livery as you may have already drawn.
Obviously you'd be credited.
It's important that any contributors realise that the BR Set (that is, the BR Set - perhaps a name change is in order on this set to avoid confusion?) is to be published under the GNU GPL to be community-friendly, so be sure to understand what this entails.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

PikkaBird wrote: Image
Amazing, but I fear the supports are too thin somehow, looks strange in the game :?

Return to “Graphics Development”