UK Renewal Train Set [1.4 release 4/12]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

ok, i'll try this again as opera just closed.
I found an error, with the latest version of your train .grf, the error being that it crashes ttd on startup.

Code: Select all

While processing sprites for GRF file newgrf/PB_BRMINI.GRF; Sprite number 0221 (hex).
that was at the end of the crashlog, i'll attach the crashlog and two cfg's.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
CRASH017.TXT
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last known as: Weirdy
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

UK Renewal set

Post by StopRightThere »

Hi the diesel shunter is in real life called class 08
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Download the 2cc grf file from the ttdpatch site, weirdy and add it to your newgrf.
Also be shure you have the latest UK Train Renewal set.
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

renewal set error

Post by StopRightThere »

Not having dual company colour support shouldnt make it crash should it?
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well the latest version is working fine here with Alpha 69, and i haven't got that error.

And i have the 2cc file so i just put out a educated quess that missing that file might cause it.
Or he didn't have the latest UKRS version.

Not to mention looking at his newgrfw.cfg, he has USSet, Canset, North American Train Renewal Set & DBSetXL active at the same time too.
Last edited by Villem on 27 Dec 2005 16:15, edited 2 times in total.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I can see no reason why that sprite should be crashing it, if you really do have the latest version.
gamezguy wrote:Hi the diesel shunter is in real life called class 08
Not necessarily...
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

oh sorry there's also the class 02, 07 and 09 as well. Forgot about them
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

renewal set

Post by StopRightThere »

Will you be adding the Chester Zoo and Alton Towers monorails to the set?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: renewal set

Post by ISA »

gamezguy wrote:oh sorry there's also the class 02, 07 and 09 as well. Forgot about them
gamezguy wrote:Will you be adding the Chester Zoo and Alton Towers monorails to the set?
5 mineutes between 2 posts: "use edit button" :wink:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Akalamanaia wrote:Well the latest version is working fine here with Alpha 69, and i haven't got that error.

And i have the 2cc file so i just put out a educated quess that missing that file might cause it.
Or he didn't have the latest UKRS version.

Not to mention looking at his newgrfw.cfg, he has USSet, Canset, North American Train Renewal Set & DBSetXL active at the same time too.
I'm afraid your mistaken there. *checks* Yep, i disabled them, and it still crashed, giving me the sprite problem again, AND, the modification date on the PB_BRMINI.GRF is 27/12. So, anyone else like to make an educated guess? :?
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Im pretty shure the latest version was released December 4th..
i downloaded the set again from this thread, and it works fine on Alpha 69.
Last edited by Villem on 27 Dec 2005 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Akalamanaia wrote:Im pretty shure the latest version was released December 4th..
I've uploaded various WIP versions since then, with some running sounds etc.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

PikkaBird wrote:
Akalamanaia wrote:Im pretty shure the latest version was released December 4th..
I've uploaded various WIP versions since then, with some running sounds etc.
Exactly, even so, take a look at the screenie!

[EDIT] Can i have the 4th December version please Pikka?
Attachments
grf.jpg
grf.jpg (88.36 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well if you'd bother to look at my post, i said i downloaded it again and it still works fine. and yes its the 27th version.
And i think i found out why your TTD crashes, you have newsounds=0 , when newsounds should be on.

Btw Pikka, the steam train running sounds sound a little weird, its like TTD is playing them too fast when they reach the speed of about 65mp/h-70mp/h.
Last edited by Villem on 27 Dec 2005 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Akalamanaia wrote:you have newsounds=0
[EDITED]
Thats not it i'm afraid, i still get a problem on that damn sprite!
What IS that sprite anyway pikka?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Is there anywhere that I can getr a description of these trains? Apparently I don't get the full in-game descriptions as I'm using OpenTTD. I'm hoping for realistic consists.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

gamezguy wrote:Will you be adding the Chester Zoo and Alton Towers monorails to the set?
No. They're more theme park rides than serious transportation.
weirdy wrote:What IS that sprite anyway pikka?
It's a real sprite (for the Deltic, fwiw). There's absolutely no reason it should be crashing on that sprite, and until someone else can reproduce this problem or a patch coder can decypher the crashlog I don't think there's a lot I can do about it. Sorry. Also, I'm not aware that newsounds or any other switch should be causing problems, and nor should not having the 2cc grf crash TTD; it should just make the 2cc locos appear funny colours.
Akalamanaia wrote:its like TTD is playing them too fast when they reach the speed of about 65mp/h-70mp/h.
Yes, when it gets to that speed it starts moving more than one pixel per tick, so it skips. It's still synchronised and I don't think it's really that bad...
Brianetta wrote:Is there anywhere that I can getr a description of these trains? Apparently I don't get the full in-game descriptions as I'm using OpenTTD. I'm hoping for realistic consists.
hmm, I'll give you a quick rundown. Maybe I can reuse some of this when I get around to doing the website...

0-4-0 ST
Slow, cheap industrial locomotive. Suitable for shunting freight between very close industries, and for short feeder services. Eventually road vehicles made these locos obsolete.

0-6-0 Tank Engine (aka 'Jinty' 3F)
Slow, cheap shunting locomotive. Suitable for slightly longer-distance light freights than the 0-4-0, but where a tender locomotive would be wasted.

0-6-0 Pannier Tank
The workhorse of the GWR. Used for general branchline and surburban services, goods and passenger.

2-6-4 Tank Engine (aka LMS '4MT')
The ultimate development of the tank engine. Generally used for local passenger trains, but also good for goods services where a tender locomotive would be wasted.

0-8-0 Freight Engine (aka LNWR 'Super D' 7F)
Slow and heavy. Most often seen hauling coal, coal, and more coal.

4-4-0 'Express' (aka Midland Compound)
Passenger locomotive, used for intercity services (and then cascaded down to lesser passenger duties when better locomotives become available).

2-8-0 Freight Engine (aka LMS Stanier 8F)
A heavy frieght locomotive, slightly faster and more powerful than the 0-8-0.

4-6-0 "Standard 5" (aka LMS Stanier Jubilee 5XP / 'Black 5' 5MT / BR Standard 5MT)
A very versatile design. Works well on fast goods trains, as well as passenger expresses.

4-6-2 "Pacific" (aka Gresley A4)
The fastest steam locomotives ever to run in the UK (and, indeed, anywhere). To be used only on the most prestigious intercity expresses.

2-10-0 Freight Engine (aka BR Standard 9F)
The last steam locomotives built. Faster and more powerful again than the 2-8-0s, they were also occasionally used on passenger trains when power was more important than speed.

Diesel Shunter (aka BR Classes 2-13)
First experimented with before WWII. Fairly useless in the TTD world, but they're there if you want them.

EE '10000' (aka LMS 10000 and 10001)
The first mainline diesel locomotives. These were used experimentally in almost every role, but eventually found themselves most at home on intercity passenger trains.

EE 'Type 1' (aka BR Class 20)
Originally designed for branchline services (ala the Pannier Tank), the Type 1s more often found themselves hauling heavy mainline freights, in pairs.

Sulzer 'Type 2' (aka BR Classes 24-27)
Known as Rats, because there were so many of them and they got everywhere. A good solid replacement for tank engines, these could be found on everything from short goods trains to intercity passenger services.

EE 'Type 3' (aka BR Class 37)
One of the most useful and reliable early diesel designs, often seen as a direct replacement for the 5MT. Used on heavy freights and passenger trains (particularly in hilly areas).

Brush 'Type 4' (aka BR Class 47)
Faster and more powerful than the Type 3, but also more temperamental. Occasionally seen on goods trains, but mainly used for express passenger and mail work (the Travelling Post Office trains were most commonly hauled by a Class 47).

EMD 'Type 5' (aka TOPS Classes 59 and 66)
A modern heavy freight locomotive, which sacrifices speed for power (and low operating costs).

EMD 'Class 67'
A modern fast goods (and occasionally passenger) locomotive, which sacrifices power for speed (and low operating costs).

EE 'Deltic' (aka BR Class 55)
The successor to the A4s and other crack express locomotives. The Deltics hauled the most important intercity trains in their heyday, but were cascaded down to lesser passenger duties, and then retired, with the introduction of the HST.

BR 'HST' (aka TOPS Class 43, 'Intercity 125')
These trains replaced the Deltics on non-electrified intercity runs. They are the fastest diesels ever to run in the UK (and, until quite recently, the world).

EE 'AL6' (aka BR Classes 86 and 87)
The first mass-produced electric locomotives in the UK, the AL6 was used for fast goods trains, as well as intercity passengers.

GEC 'Class 91'
AKA the "Intercity 225"; the electric HST, albeit with only one locomotive (a mail-carrying unpowered driving car forms the other "end" of the train).

Brush 'Class 92'
A high-speed, high power electric goods locomotive.

Wardale '5AT'
Seeking to find alternatives to the internal combustion engine and rekindle the public's enthusiasm for rail travel, designers have again turned back to the glory days of steam. The 5AT is similar in design to the Standard 5, but with modern technology is rather faster and more powerful. It is of course designed primarily for passenger services, although some operators have also used it successfully for hauling containerised goods trains.

Wardale '604'
A further development of futuristic steam traction. Used for intercity passenger services.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I've added download links for the viaduct to the first post.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

PikkaBird wrote:
No. They're more theme park rides than serious transportation.
Heehee, what about some old ballon style double decker trams and coronation trams? :P

jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Blackpool! I considered doing some last week but didnt...

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread

Return to “Graphics Development”