UK Renewal Train Set [1.4 release 4/12]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That will work for higher bridges, but train-cars are 7 or 8 pixels high, and the difference between height levels is only 8. With a single level-bridge, if there's anything supporting the track, the train (especially double-deckers) will hit that support. To hide this problem, we fudge the perspective to make the bridge look like it's a few pixels higher than it really is.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
apieceofmaria
Engineer
Engineer

Something weird has happened!

Post by apieceofmaria »

Great set, we need the Uk, afterall.. its where a lot of steam started

I've installed the 3 mini sets and all of my 4-4-0 Express trains have become Class 25 Diesels!

Once I switched off the BR Set (Version 0.11) They all became BR 101 (Electric, well thats all well and good but its 1935!!)

The 4-4-0 Express seems to have been deleted, or missing)

Can someone help, please, its made all my trains go weird!!

Thanks.

EDIT : 19:58PM
And now, They don't exist on the purchase list but they have reapearred!
So I have nice blue trains that I cant replace or buy anymore of, is anyone else having this issue?
Theres a piece of maria... in every song that I sing
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

APOM, they may have become obsolete (although 1935 seems much too early). By 1935, you should have (or be about to get) the "Standard 5", which is a much better loco.

If you really want the 4-4-0s back, try cht: allvehicles.
Born Acorn wrote:I tried to make it longer ( hope you don't mind my fiddling) and it seems to work with no clipping errors.
I still get clipping with yours, especially when a train goes over the bridge and it has to resort the sprites.

I haven't had a chance to pack it up properly yet but here is the windows grf with the 0-8-0.
Attachments
pb_brstmw.grf
(12.83 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Sweet! Looking good man, that 0-8-0 works wonders :D Can't wait for the next update
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

The set is missing a powerful freight diesel and steamer, as well an an unstreamlined 4-6-2
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Singaporekid wrote:The set is missing a powerful freight diesel and steamer
Err... not really. Which "powerful freight diesel and steamer" would you like to see? :?
as well an an unstreamlined 4-6-2
It wouldn't really add anything to the gameplay (in fact, I was thinking of adding an unstreamlined one, but simply as a variant graphic for the A4).
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

PikkaBird wrote:
Singaporekid wrote:as well an an unstreamlined 4-6-2
Isn't that just an A3?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Born Acorn wrote:Isn't that just an A3?
Well there were a lot of different British pacifics, at least three streamlined types (the other two were both eventually rebuilt as non-streamlined locos) and many more not. In TTD terms there's not really a lot to seperate them.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The set's pretty complete for steam, all I can think of is a non-streamlined variant of the Pacific (not entirely necessary).

I wouldn't say we need a powerful freight diesel, but a Class 55 'Deltic' would be nice ;) That was the main thing I was surprised wasn't included in the original game. Yes I've drawn one for the 'big' BR set, but one in this set'd be nice as well :D
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, much as a miniset is nice, I still hope that the big set finished someday...
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
apieceofmaria
Engineer
Engineer

Post by apieceofmaria »

PikkaBird wrote:APOM, they may have become obsolete (although 1935 seems much too early). By 1935, you should have (or be about to get) the "Standard 5", which is a much better loco.

If you really want the 4-4-0s back, try cht: allvehicles
Thanks, yeah that worked!

I also tried to reset the engines and that worked too.

And your right, the "Standard 5" is a MUCH better engine.

Thanks for the response and keep up the good work...
If I even had the slightest idea of how I'd help, but I'm but a simple Civil Engineer! We just build nice bridges for real!
Last edited by apieceofmaria on 13 May 2005 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
AndrewA
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by AndrewA »

It will be, it will be...

There is still plenty to draw, for any potential artists out there. :)
Nothing to see here
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

PikkaBird wrote:
Born Acorn wrote:Isn't that just an A3?
Well there were a lot of different British pacifics, at least three streamlined types (the other two were both eventually rebuilt as non-streamlined locos) and many more not. In TTD terms there's not really a lot to seperate them.
Streamlined things I think of 'Spam Cans', A4s and the Coronation Class.
AndrewA
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by AndrewA »

Some other LNER locos got streamlined, similar styling to the A4s (for me, as someone who doesn't know a lot about it). I think there were some members of the B11(?) class.
Nothing to see here
apieceofmaria
Engineer
Engineer

Post by apieceofmaria »

apieceofmaria wrote: And your right, the "Standard 5" is a MUCH better engine.
So next question: (you are going to hate me, you know that!)

Why does the 4-6-0 Pacific come out as a double headed engine on the purchase list, with a capacity of 160 passengers (where do all the passengers go is a good question?) but thats not it... why is it double headed and why does the second engine list as a 'Tender'?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

apieceofmaria wrote:So next question: (you are going to hate me, you know that!)
You've obviously got some other .grf file active which is conflicting. Make sure the BR set, DB set, US set, arctic set and needle nardle noo are all disabled.

Born Acorn wins the prize for the 3 streamlined Pacifics. :) And AndrewA is also correct - Gresley's B17, P2 and W1 classes were also streamlined, but they weren't Pacifics (they were a 4-6-0, 2-8-2 and 4-6-4 respectively).
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DanMacK wrote:I wouldn't say we need a powerful freight diesel, but a Class 55 'Deltic' would be nice ;) That was the main thing I was surprised wasn't included in the original game. Yes I've drawn one for the 'big' BR set, but one in this set'd be nice as well :D
There's not that much difference (in TTD terms, before I get lynched!) between the 47 and the 55. It's also damn hard to capture the full majesty of the Deltic in such a small image - I have been working on it. :)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Pikkabird, I know exactly what you mean, I drew the Deltic for the "Big" BR Set. You think the Deltic is bad, try an SD40-2 :P
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

What do you think of these?

Deltic, in a two-tone/full yellow end hybrid livery (trying to make it stand out, while not being too different!
LMS 10000, in black with CC stripe.

Actually, it does seem the Deltic has a place in the set. If I introduce it as DP1 (in 1956), it gets a 6 year march on the Class 47 (which is almost as fast, not quite as powerful, and much cheaper to run). That does, however, make it the first diesel you get - perhaps I should do the LMS 10000 (1948) as well (yay, black diesel ;)). :)

(edit - pic updated with 10000 graphic)

Carriage replacement graphics

1) original (for comparison).
2) Generic Carriage, 1920-1949
3) 'Syphon' Mail/Arm Van, 1920-1949
4) Mk1 Carriage, 1950-1969
5) Mk1 Mail/Arm Van, 1950-1984
6) Mk2 Carriage, 1970-1984
7) Mk3/4 Carriage, 1985- (HST from 1977)
8) Mk3/4 Mail/Arm Van, 1985- (HST from 1977)

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to code these - I'm supposed to be working on my Trainz stuff this weekend. :lol:
Last edited by PikkaBird on 14 May 2005 08:08, edited 3 times in total.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Deltic looks great :) Could use a couple extra wheels though :P Looks like it's got 4 axles ATM. Aside from that, it definitely looks like a Class 55.

Those coaches are awesome too, definitely waiting to use these.

For some reason now, after using the USSet, the trains look bare without a guard's van. Have plans for one of these puppies? Just something to add that extra little bit of realism ;P

This set provides a nice refreshing change from the "high-realism" sets like the DBsetXL and the USSet, nice to play a bit of "Retro TTD" using this and the Cargoset.

Return to “Graphics Development”