New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

scurker
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by scurker »

Texture wise... well I'm having more issues that I had hoped. The roof I think is turning out very well, but I'm not very happy - or at least not very knowledgeable on textures to figure out what to do for the rest of the model, as it looks vastly different than what is currently been done. Any good tutorials that might help give me some tips?
Attachments
1x1countryhouse_2.png
1x1countryhouse_2.png (45.98 KiB) Viewed 4349 times
ZeroMD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZeroMD »

maquinista wrote:
Rainer wrote:Hi maquinista,
maquinista wrote:I have tried to create a monorail bridge:
Would you like to be one of the repairpersons for this bridge? :twisted:

I think at least some girder or wire mesh below the monorail would be appropriate...

cu
Rainer
I prefer a bridge with a girder, but It was a bridge like this:
How do you build a bridge like this?
I know the original Transport Tycoon had monorail bridges like this.
In Open TTD the only bridges I can build are normail bridges with a monorail on them
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

ZeroMD wrote: How do you build a bridge like this?
I know the original Transport Tycoon had monorail bridges like this.
In Open TTD the only bridges I can build are normail bridges with a monorail on them
Use this new GRF:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38492

About the bridge, my idea is crate a New bridges GRF file, but I don't know how add new sprites for the bridges.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

scurker wrote:Texture wise... well I'm having more issues that I had hoped. The roof I think is turning out very well, but I'm not very happy - or at least not very knowledgeable on textures to figure out what to do for the rest of the model, as it looks vastly different than what is currently been done. Any good tutorials that might help give me some tips?
If You want, You can upload your model here, and We can try change the values of the material. I am not a Blender expert, but sometimes, trial & error works fine for me. :lol:

About the depots, I can try code them if Wacki renders them without ground. Also, I can try remove the ground, but It is better if they are rendered without it.

Also, I have created this tile for the fruit or rubber plantations:
Attachments
Tile, not PNGcoded.
Tile, not PNGcoded.
Ground_trees_fruit.png (43.87 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Ground_trees_fruit.XCF.BZ2
XCF File
(141.98 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
How it would look.
How it would look.
tiles.PNG (201.05 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This tile is for the coal mine.
Attachments
Ground tile
Ground tile
Ground_industries.png (37.9 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
Ground_industries.XCF.BZ2
XCF file for GIMP.
(65.85 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

Maquinista, nice tiles, I like the coal mine tile. I only think the plantation tile should have tropical grass, not temperate.

Scurker, nice progress on your house. :) I think the specularity of the textures is too high, as the textures faced to the sun are very light. The roof texture is good and for the rest of the house you can use wood textures.

You can try to make nice grass by particles, as described in this tutorial.

I still don't have construction stages for the goods factory, as I have may tests on school next week. I'll draw the tiles when my test week is finished.
northstar2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by northstar2 »

here are the fruit tree with the maquinista's tile(nice tile).i'm not very good for coding but i think position is ok.
i will try to make the rubber plant to complete.

i asked myself about bridges:does it need to use masks to make different models(like suspension model)?
Attachments
fruit plant.zip
(146.81 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
fruit plant.png
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 277 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

northstar2 wrote:here are the fruit tree with the maquinista's tile(nice tile).i'm not very good for coding but i think position is ok.
i will try to make the rubber plant to complete.

i asked myself about bridges:does it need to use masks to make different models(like suspension model)?
I have coded it in a preview file.

About bridges: If You want, send me the bridge sprites, and I will try code it.
Attachments
industry_preview.tar
Preview tar file.
(391 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Nice tiles maquinista. I think Varivar is right about the grass colour though.

Very nice fruit trees, NorthStar2.

Just a preview of something new I started yesterday.
I know the power plant has been done already(normal zoom and untextured I believe), but it is my favourite industry when playing the game and I just had to give it a go.
Cheers
Attachments
To continue or not to continue.
To continue or not to continue.
SmokeStack.png (59.71 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:Nice tiles maquinista. I think Varivar is right about the grass colour though.

I know the power plant has been done already(normal zoom and untextured I believe), but it is my favourite industry when playing the game and I just had to give it a go.
Cheers
It is very good! I like it.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

j0rdax wrote:Nice tiles maquinista. I think Varivar is right about the grass colour though.

Cheers
Looks very good :shock:
Now the tough question, now we need smoke ;)
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

habell wrote:Looks very good :shock:
:D Let's pretend this power plant uses air cooling in which case there will be no water vapour exiting from the cooling tower.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
Timitry
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timitry »

Hehe, but then we still would need some kind of "cooling-tower", how about this, in the size of that cooling tower?
[e] Kind of misread the last post, the tower in the picture below would be used in combination with a water-cooling system, just that the heat from the pipes would be absorbed by that tower, and the water would stay inside the pipes :)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5507/sdc10010gl5.jpg

Okay, back to topic, the cooling tower looks great already :)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

habell wrote:Now the tough question, now we need smoke ;)
very common misconception. cooling towers emit steam, smoke comes from chimneys.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

habell wrote:

Cheers
Looks very good :shock:
The smoke (from chimneys) can be created with a painting application. GIMP, Photoshop, Krita... can be useful.
Also, it can be modeled in 3D.

The only thing needed is that the animation must be a closed loop, the first frame must be like the last frame. The animation has 8 frames.

https://wiki.openttd.org/Misc_Vehicles_(New_Graphics)
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Just an update with the progress I made on the powerplant.
Progress.
Progress.
PPprogress.png (194.57 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Any comments?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

j0rdax wrote:Just an update with the progress I made on the powerplant.
PPprogress.png
Any comments?
They are very good, I like it. :D
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

Thanks Maquinista. Will you be able to do normal zooms for my rail depot? There are people who asked for it(they probably do not run the ver which can handle z0's).
Here is a coded preview of the final stages of my PowerPlant.
I am working on the construction stages.
Attachments
j0rdax_PowerPlant.tar
WIP.
(187 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Tidus97
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tidus97 »

hows this for a go at the oil well? too bulky? (this isnt complete yet)

PS; where can i find .blend's of floor tiles (dirt/grass)
Attachments
0003.png
0003.png (56.2 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

There aren't any blend for grass and soil as it was done in 3DS Max and Photoshop a long time ago. You needn't worry too much though as there are skilled guys around who can add ground bits to anything using Gimp and the like.

The base of your oil well seems a bit bulky, yes. I tend to use google image searches A LOT for inspiration. http://www.jakubiksurveying.com/oil_well.jpg; http://www.edupic.net/Images/Science/oi ... per001.JPG; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_well
Those should put you on the right track.

Good luck.

Return to “Graphics Development”