phpTTtrainset-A webscript purpose made for TT trainsets

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Read post, and don't vote unless you administer a trainset!

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 21

ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

phpTTtrainset-A webscript purpose made for TT trainsets

Post by ThorRune »

The poll: Would you use this software?
I do it like this or else everyone will vote no because i don't have a trainset... Don't vote unless you got one!

This is my ambitious project. It's gonna be a ultimate, dynamicly updatable, site for TT trainsets. Everything will be dynamically generated, but nothing will be sendt by the URL for full googlability (So no index.php?page=blah&id=123), besides a few pages that has to be done that way. As i currently have a sucky keyboard that makes my fingers ace, i won't be describing it wery much.. .But i need a design, and i allready got it, only i lack permition. It's gonna use, if permtion is granted, tt-forums' template.

I know i'm capable of this, and there is not a single aspect i'm wondering how to as of yet. I'll be doing a HTML mockup so you can see what i mean later on, but first i gotta get permition. *goes to PM Dominionspy*
Last edited by ThorRune on 23 Mar 2005 17:04, edited 4 times in total.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Why Dominionspy and why if Dinges has a site being reconstructed?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Is this a site like i've suggested several times?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

I shoulda waited with posting this untill i had the HTML mockup done. I'll go do that now, when i'm back you'll get it (As soon as i get somewhere to put it, as my site is down changing servers)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, unless this is going to be an actual part of tt-forums, then I do NOT give you permission to use the tt-forums design, as it is just that: the tt-forums design. While I think your project is a great idea, surely it should be designed so people can integrate it into their own sites, not nicking the tt-forums design?

Also, re: your search-engine friendly URLs, you may want to look into the Apache module mod_rewrite, it can be very helpful there.
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

orudge wrote:Well, unless this is going to be an actual part of tt-forums, then I do NOT give you permission to use the tt-forums design, as it is just that: the tt-forums design. While I think your project is a great idea, surely it should be designed so people can integrate it into their own sites, not nicking the tt-forums design?

Also, re: your search-engine friendly URLs, you may want to look into the Apache module mod_rewrite, it can be very helpful there.
Hehe - I said something very similar in my reply PM.

The theme is exclusively for tt-forums and will remain that way :)
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: phpTTrainset

Post by Steve »

ThorRune wrote:Everything will be dynamically generated, but nothing will be sendt by the URL for full googlability (So no index.php?page=blah&id=123), besides a few pages that has to be done that way.
Umm... it can still be dynamic whilst sending things in the URL. Plus then you can paste your URL to someone else so they can jump to the page.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

OK, i made the HTML mockup now (Based on tt-forums' look), but from nowe i'll just be doing clean HTML then someone who is better at HTML beauty can spice it up later. I lack a place to upload it... *goes to look*
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, I've been discussing this project with ThorRune, and he showed me his HTML template based on the forum design, and I do like the idea and the look of it. I'm not allowing him to use the design for any other site, but the idea of a tt-forums hosted train set 'administration' system was broached, and it does seem as if it could be a good idea: basically, a system for keeping track of a developing vehicle set on the forum. I'm not creating it myself, don't have time, but ThorRune might... will see what happens.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

http://users2.tt-forums.net/thorrune/phpttrainset/

Every page will be dynamic and blah blah, everything will be dynamically editable from the admin panel.

As owen said, well i like the idea... It would open for some other stuff. As i'd be able to use the tt-forums users table, it would open for for instance that all forum users could log in to the set, and post say photos of the trains, some more info on the trains (veiwtrain.html might be kinda Wiki-ish, even), and stuff like that. Drawers could drop in their drawings on of the trains in the set, and on the forum, so the set administrator wouldn't have to... Well it's still only in the Idea stage tho, i haven't actually made anything, tho i know i'm capable of it. I'll have to make the set before i try to integrate it into the forum and everything...

Also, i'm kinda wondering? Who'd use this? *makes useless poll*
Don't vote unless you administrate or is going to administrate a set :p
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ThorRune wrote:As owen said, well i like the idea... It would open for some other stuff. As i'd be able to use the tt-forums users table, it would open for for instance that all forum users could log in to the set, and post say photos of the trains, some more info on the trains (veiwtrain.html might be kinda Wiki-ish, even), and stuff like that. Drawers could drop in their drawings on of the trains in the set, and on the forum, so the set administrator wouldn't have to... Well it's still only in the Idea stage tho, i haven't actually made anything, tho i know i'm capable of it. I'll have to make the set before i try to integrate it into the forum and everything...
Sounds exactly like my idea :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Hmm.. Actually a post I can vote on :lol:

This sounds like I have said to ThorRune before, a nice idea. Don't know anymore to write.. Damn.. Need to blame my english teacher :lol:
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Hmm... Well i've been working some on this every day. The news-thing works wery well now, it even has a simple wordfilter and extremely simple bb-code (That can easilly ruin all of the table if use inproperly :| But it'll be only usable by the admins, so...) . I'm making it "in cooperation" with phpBB. It shares users. The register link on the site will link to the forum's register page, and so on. You'll be able to log in using your forum username and pass. Forum admins will be loged on as admin, and blah blah. There'll be some stuff to do for registered forumers... I'm not certains what yet tho :P

One thing i'm wondering... What license is SubSilver destributed under? As i'm making phpBBtrainset with theme support, it'd be possible to make a subsilver theme, and even possible for, if users selected Subsilver on the forum, they would see the trainset in subsilver when they log into it. Would subsilver's licence allow that?
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

2 pages 50-ish % finished.

http://software.thorrune.net/phptttrainset

index.php (news) and viewspecs.php works prety well. I don't know what's missing in the news section, but there gotta be something.. But in the specifications-page, there misses some sorting-options and all admin options exept adding... Oh, that's what's missing in the news-page.

Hmm, well, for those 2 pages, do you have any comments/suggestions/blah?

Oh, and why it sais Erik Leppen posted all the news items: It's gonan u8se a forum ID, but i haven't made the login or anything, so the user is allways ID 2, wich in this case (From purno's forum) is Erik Leppen :P
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

SHouldn't it use proper english like 'Steam Engines' instead of 'Steamers'?
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Nice work, I like the idea of integrating the software with the tt-forums (Or atleast somwhat integrating it).

Brilliant work.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Its looks good, though i probably would like to see it in a more subsivler theme.
Formerly known as Lachie
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Looks good... when you've more or less finished the coding, I'll go over the whole thing and fix the spelling mistakes, if you like. ;)
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Born Acorn wrote:SHouldn't it use proper english like 'Steam Engines' instead of 'Steamers'?
That's dynamic, all the classes, steamer-names and that... You ad that in admin forms. Try Change Auth -> admin (That'll later be login)

I'm gonna make it with language files, so the interface can be translated. All language strings would be in english.php ( -> german.php -> norwegian.php and so on, user selectable probably)

For subsilver theme style... Noone has answered my question a few posts up yet. What's subsilver's liense like? I've allready made it to use templates (Styles), so that anyone could make a new look for it. It's not quite the same as phpBB's templates, but not extremly different nether.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

You can download the subSilver SDK from http://www.phpbb.com - there'll likely be more details about the licence within that.

Return to “Graphics Development”