SerbianRailSet(ECS,PBI,FIRS&TouristSet compatible)&scenario

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

looking good, mr. coyote. i'm not much of an artist myself (for some reason no-one ever wants to code my stations :roll: ) but i'm trying to find the time to learn some basic vehicle drawing. and since i'm a sucker for steamers, i'll probably focus on that first. so, if anything happens with that, i'll let you know, 'aight?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Somebody drew some narrow-gauge track once. Do a search for it, might save you some time.

astath, what stations didn't get coded? The New-stations project is actually going ahead, although not everything has yet been coded. Maybe you should re-post them in that thread, as a reminder.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

krtaylor wrote:Somebody drew some narrow-gauge track once. Do a search for it, might save you some time.

astath, what stations didn't get coded? The New-stations project is actually going ahead, although not everything has yet been coded. Maybe you should re-post them in that thread, as a reminder.
I've PM'ed him about that already, I'll code them :wink: . They'll go nicely with some of the stations we already have.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

krtaylor wrote:Somebody drew some narrow-gauge track once. Do a search for it, might save you some time.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=6123
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

astath wrote:looking good, mr. coyote. i'm not much of an artist myself (for some reason no-one ever wants to code my stations :roll: ) but i'm trying to find the time to learn some basic vehicle drawing. and since i'm a sucker for steamers, i'll probably focus on that first. so, if anything happens with that, i'll let you know, 'aight?
I hope you'll be artist for narrow gauge stations? :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You'll have to post some photos of them, I doubt there are many Serbian rail photos on the web that he can easily find.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I'll try to find them. But, I have another idea: to create grf with narrow gauge track set only, compatible with electrified rail (then there will be railway, electrified railway and narrow gauge). Then there will be possible to use narrow gauge track set for other countries vehicle sets.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'd think it would be better to just build that function into your complete Serbian set. If anyone else wants to do a set with a similar feature, all they have to do is ask you and copy that part of your code.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

We'll see for it. Maybe you're idea is better. In meanwhile, here's some details from Sargan Eight (narrow gauge railway in Serbia):
Attachments
mokragora71.gif
mokragora71.gif (114.69 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
mokragora61.gif
mokragora61.gif (69.41 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
mokragora21.gif
mokragora21.gif (111.2 KiB) Viewed 5271 times

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

And some stations:
Attachments
mokragora50.gif
mokragora50.gif (106.59 KiB) Viewed 5274 times
mokragora38.gif
mokragora38.gif (107.2 KiB) Viewed 5271 times
mokragora4.gif
mokragora4.gif (97.44 KiB) Viewed 5270 times

Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

krtaylor wrote:I'd think it would be better to just build that function into your complete Serbian set. If anyone else wants to do a set with a similar feature, all they have to do is ask you and copy that part of your code.
You mean both vehicles and tracks in one grf?

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Yes i do think he means that.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes I do, because you don't want people to try and use just the train set, the NG trains would look bizarre on the maglev tracks and you'd get all sorts of bug reports and complaints. Just build the tracks into the train GRF. Of course if anyone else wants to use them in another set, like I said it's easy for them to ask permission and copy them into their own GRF just like you will be doing.
cornelius
Director
Director

Post by cornelius »

The narrow gauge rails .grf I've been working on is almost ready for testing (I'll send it out to a few people who've expressed interest in it). Once that's good enough to release properly then anyone can take it apart and reuse it as they wish.

I assume you could also put a check into a vehicle set grf to deactivate if the ng rails grf wasn't present (and even set to replace the right kind of track?)?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, yeah, you probably could, but wouldn't it just be easier to include it in your own comprehensive GRF file? I don't like the "this GRF file requires this other GRF file" thing, it's a pain.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Maybe it will be easier to put NG tracks in one file, and vehicles in other (like electrified rail, no one set is coming with electrified tracks)? Then everybody who wants may create it's own NG vehicles set... Anyway, me (and everybody who wants to work in this project and wants to create NG vehicles) wait for NG track set.

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You don't have to wait for the track, to go ahead and draw the vehicles.
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

coyote:

you really should start with the narrow gauge and other stuff - my cargoset is moving again, so maybe you wanna wait and just copy my stuff - so that we don't do the same thing twice
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

krtaylor wrote:You don't have to wait for the track, to go ahead and draw the vehicles.
But I need track width to draw vehicles with appropriate width.
Colonel32 wrote:coyote:

you really should start with the narrow gauge and other stuff - my cargoset is moving again, so maybe you wanna wait and just copy my stuff - so that we don't do the same thing twice
Yes, I used your Faccs, please look at my site and see if you designed more vehicles on it.

Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

that's not the point. I said wait with drawing yours, you can use mine when they are done

Return to “Graphics Development”