New South Wales Rail Set[Testers Needed!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you support the changing of the set to NSWGR? See Post.

Yes
68%
No
9%
Uncertain
23%

Total votes: 94

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmmm, this is one of those sets i'd love to play with, especially using the new rails and ground sprites. but lately i've seen little improvement, it's all going quite slow. a damn shame, if you'd ask me. :?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

astath, it simply goes like this: no sprites = no coding = no set
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

whitehand the red double decker pax wagon is isnt alligned properly but when the white livery comes out its alligned properly
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

robotboy wrote:whitehand the red double decker pax wagon is isnt alligned properly but when the white livery comes out its alligned properly
Thats very little help on it's own.

You may want to take a screenshot, tell us what version you are using, and provide more info.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

im using the latest version, i cant post a screenie of the old liveries with there locos because theyve all gone
Attachments
SCR71.png
SCR71.png (86.5 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

You looked to have a seriously messed up your building of the V Set.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Thats not the only thing messed in that screenshot, look at the upper right corner.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

HAHA
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by coalroads artist »

WhiteHand Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:19 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

astath, it simply goes like this: no sprites = no coding = no set
What have you already coded all the container wagon sprites on the following page and other wagons ive been posting ?.Sorry i knew this would happen, i have just upgraded to a new pc and have been playing trainz in my spare time (i confess ! :lol: ).Might prise myself away from the thing this weekend :? .I still want to see this set complete no matter how long it takes!.I can't build a massive Australian empire in trainz with minium fuss compared to TTD. :D
Original AUSSET graphics artist.
-Mr squiggle was my mentor!
Tracking table-Ausset
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

Hi Guys,

Great work on this set so far! Coalroads your screenshots look great, I can't wait to get this set loaded (btw, will that scenery be included in the set?)

Anyway, I want to help out, but I have a question to ask. Basically, there's a hell of a lot of NSW engines in the tracking table. All the steamers are from NSW, all the electrics are from NSW, and there are only a select few diesels from other states. Living in Melbourne, of course there are some other engines that I'd love to see in the set, such as the VR A/B class, C class, some of the Melbourne EMU's, etc.

So, if I went and drew some of these up, is there any chance they'd be included in the set? If you consider my work good enough I'd be happy to draw up some of the other engines in the tracking table as well.

There looks to be some great work here, and if I can I'd really love to help out and make sure the set gets completed.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

the set is standard gauge right now. Melbourne is mostly broad gauge, however, I would very much like to see your work :)

coalroads, it's ok, A LOT of sets have a time where not much is done, it's nothing unusual. I myself must confess I've been far to tired after school to do anything but I have coded the 4 wheelers and 49 class just recently, so that's good.
Flavius
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Flavius »

It's heartening to see some posts here.

I will commit myself to draw a scenario for the set. A NSW seaboard set as TTD worlds are surrounded by water. But including the Great Dividing Range of course. :wink:

Really i want to see the set finished too. At one point i had a go at coding and i understood how it works. But it is very complicated though.
Firstly i will download the set and have a look at it. 8)
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

WhiteHand wrote:the set is standard gauge right now.
You're right, I missed that bit. :)

Still, I'll have a go drawing a few of the engines you're after. Is the tracking table up to date? Should I just pick one of the engines that hasn't been drawn yet and go for it?
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

yes, however the GM and CL class locos have been completed, and while we're at it, I'll claim the X Class.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I've really gotta get my ass in gear and update that tracking table
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

DanMacK wrote:I've really gotta get my ass in gear and update that tracking table
and I have to get my rear in gear and re-scale all of my suburban stock to fit better with Coalroads stuff.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

I wanted to start with something not too difficult, so I'm having a go at the 81 class. It's almost done, I'll post it up here when I get home from work tonight. :)
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

um, the 81 Class has been completed and is included in the latest ausset GRF. I'd still like to see your take on it, though
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

Eeek, I meant 80 class. Well it doesn't look like I'm going to finish it tonight, so I'll post what I've got for now. Just need to add some detail to the two \ views...
Attachments
wip80.png
wip80.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Now, that is showing promise. Keep working :)

Return to “Graphics Development”