[32bpp] JP+Set - JGR/JNR/JR Japanese Trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JP+Set - JGR/JNR/JR Japanese Trains

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

A quick evening curiosity, I've not seen any other E213 liveries like the Joban Line and Keio Line so far.

Sorry for the bother, but, are the liveries still in works? And are you guys doing well when not working for the grf?

I'm a bit lost when checking #openttd on twitter, so...

Have a good night and some good progress!
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 07 Sep 2021 14:35 A quick evening curiosity, I've not seen any other E213 liveries like the Joban Line and Keio Line so far.

Sorry for the bother, but, are the liveries still in works? And are you guys doing well when not working for the grf?

Not at all a bother. The E233 hasn't got priority for new liveries - but we can look into that. We're at a bit of a slow period right now, two of our orginal artists are very busy with work. I've coded the fixes from the last version, so hopefully that comes this weekend. I have got to move country though next week, so I am also very very busy! Our newer artist Unkown/ChuoSpecialRapid201 has been doing some EMUs though which I hope we will add in soon. :)
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 07 Sep 2021 14:35 A quick evening curiosity, I've not seen any other E213 liveries like the Joban Line and Keio Line so far.

And I freaking messed that up agh

I meant E231 qwp
Tintinfan wrote: 08 Sep 2021 16:53 Not at all a bother. The E233 hasn't got priority for new liveries - but we can look into that. We're at a bit of a slow period right now, two of our orginal artists are very busy with work. I've coded the fixes from the last version, so hopefully that comes this weekend. I have got to move country though next week, so I am also very very busy! Our newer artist Unkown/ChuoSpecialRapid201 has been doing some EMUs though which I hope we will add in soon. :)
Oh, that sounds like a lot, I hope you all are doing fine in your own lives ^^ Although, the Chiyoda E233 is one of the liveries on E233 that I see missing, so, take your time on that one as well!
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrhold »

Tintinfan wrote: 08 Sep 2021 16:53

Not at all a bother. The E233 hasn't got priority for new liveries - but we can look into that. We're at a bit of a slow period right now, two of our orginal artists are very busy with work. I've coded the fixes from the last version, so hopefully that comes this weekend. I have got to move country though next week, so I am also very very busy! Our newer artist Unkown/ChuoSpecialRapid201 has been doing some EMUs though which I hope we will add in soon. :)
Will it be released as early as this weekend?
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

hrhold wrote: 10 Sep 2021 06:30 Will it be released as early as this weekend?
We can only wait for the time being, knowing that they're busy outside the tycoon game world ^^
Mobius1010
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp] JP+Set - JGR/JNR/JR Japanese Trains

Post by Mobius1010 »

I could not buy E531 in 2041.
I checked the "invisible" list and so on, it seems that E531 does not exist in that year.
I don't think this is the truth because I am not familiar with this game. However, if you have time please check it?
I love your mod. Thank you.
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Mobius1010 wrote: 19 Sep 2021 12:42 I could not buy E531 in 2041.
I checked the "invisible" list and so on, it seems that E531 does not exist in that year.
I don't think this is the truth because I am not familiar with this game. However, if you have time please check it?
Last I checked on my game, I can buy the train. Maybe your game options? There's a way to see all settings, btw ^^
Mobius1010
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mobius1010 »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 20 Sep 2021 10:55 Last I checked on my game, I can buy the train. Maybe your game options? There's a way to see all settings, btw ^^
Really? Okay, I will check some settings that could affect buying the train. Thank you.
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Mobius1010 wrote: 20 Sep 2021 14:54 Really? Okay, I will check some settings that could affect buying the train. Thank you.
I forgot to mention, it's the option that either makes train purchasing expire or not, aka "Trains Never Expire" I think ^^ Hope you get it! Ask away in here for any help with the GRF!
Mobius1010
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mobius1010 »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 21 Sep 2021 11:29 I forgot to mention, it's the option that either makes train purchasing expire or not, aka "Trains Never Expire" I think ^^ Hope you get it! Ask away in here for any help with the GRF!
What you mentioned is the exact answer!
I overlooked this item... ><

However, I could not buy E531 in 2054 after enabling the option.
Enabling other options affect the game suddenly though...
At least about "Vehicle never expire", it seems much complicated. After vehicles expired, we can not revive them?
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Mobius1010 wrote: 21 Sep 2021 13:41 After vehicles expired, we can not revive them?
You can "revive" them with a console command but I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Taschi wrote: 21 Sep 2021 13:51
Mobius1010 wrote: 21 Sep 2021 13:41 After vehicles expired, we can not revive them?
You can "revive" them with a console command but I don't remember it off the top of my head.
It's resetengines as listed in the OpenTTD-wiki page console, section other commands.

Tschö, Auge
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrhold »

You're still busy to update this....
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Tintinfan wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:35 The E217 is just cursed.... :lol:

I can't replicate the other issue you are having - on a new game with the set loaded on JGRPP. Can you maybe send me a savegame file with the error? Does the error happen on a fresh new game?
Aye, sisters!

I've retested the E217 on a different configuration, and apparently, it has a specific to not bug out ouo

Here're some quick screenshots I did, dunno how the site will show it, but it's there ouo

You gotta make sure the first to come out of the depot is via 4+11car coupling of the 15car full coupling set, and must reverse in a depot track or a buffer/endpoint. Having the configuration similar to the IRL with the 4car end facing Kurihama/Zushi and the 11car end facing Tokyo/Chiba/Narita Airport
Attachments
Yokosuka E217 Guide.PNG
Guide on How to get the train out
(181.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Yokosuka E217 Possible Specific Configuration.PNG
How the train looks at Reverse
(73.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 06 Oct 2021 12:00 You gotta make sure the first to come out of the depot is via 4+11car coupling of the 15car full coupling set, and must reverse in a depot track or a buffer/endpoint. Having the configuration similar to the IRL with the 4car end facing Kurihama/Zushi and the 11car end facing Tokyo/Chiba/Narita Airport
Okay, it works great with the Yokosuka and Shonan 11+4 configuration, but not with 10+5 lol
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrhold »

I'm always looking forward to it and supporting you. Cheer up
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

Am I the only one who's guessing we'll get more 101/103 or 205 liveries next? lol

I hope for either series, and for the JR-Tokyo Metro trains to soon be made

Hope you sisters are getting enough time for yourselves from work and programming!
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrhold »

hrhold wrote: 05 Aug 2021 04:41 I have already set the passenger capacity to 'very high' and applied 'capacity boost', but the capacity is still small, with 240 people in the two cars and 120 people per car. The phrase "x2 is the appropriate option for Korean train set", which neglects the real rush hour, so I think it should accommodate 800 people in the two cars and at least 400 people per car.
I hope you can reflect this in the next update. Thank you.
In addition, I would like to propose an additional function that can change each speed by classifying trains into traditional line(aka local line), special rapid(e.g. Narita Express and Odorico), and shinkansen. I think this is also a function that can broaden users' choices. Have a good rest of the year and happy new year. 8) 8)
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

hrhold wrote: 26 Dec 2021 12:17 In addition, I would like to propose an additional function that can change each speed by classifying trains into traditional line(aka local line), special rapid(e.g. Narita Express and Odorico), and shinkansen. I think this is also a function that can broaden users' choices. Have a good rest of the year and happy new year. 8) 8)
That can be arranged on the timetable, you can set the speed of the trains between stations/signal boxes, depending on how they will service.
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hrhold »

Ruhdman_Meow wrote: 26 Dec 2021 12:37
hrhold wrote: 26 Dec 2021 12:17 In addition, I would like to propose an additional function that can change each speed by classifying trains into traditional line(aka local line), special rapid(e.g. Narita Express and Odorico), and shinkansen. I think this is also a function that can broaden users' choices. Have a good rest of the year and happy new year. 8) 8)
That can be arranged on the timetable, you can set the speed of the trains between stations/signal boxes, depending on how they will service.
I operate traditional line at least 130 km/h with another newgrf. However, in the case of this newgrf, there is no parameter to adjust the speed of the train, so there is a limit to increasing the speed. In practice, Korean Train Set and Keio train set have a parameter to adjust speed. So I suggest an update that can improve the parameters of cargo traffic and adjust the parameters of the highest speed to improve convenience.

Return to “Graphics Development”