Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:18 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 11:42 am
Posts: 67
What about an North Korean Airline set?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Koryo


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
BW89 wrote:
What about an North Korean Airline set?

Spriting airplanes is extremely difficult so I don't think I will.

New update for DPRK stations:
Of course. There's a bug.
1.1 - 19/08/2018
Attachment:
DPRK_Stations_1.1.grf [215.09 KiB]
Downloaded 33 times

Changelog:
Fixed: Buffer stops having the wrong layout.
Fixed: Buffer stop platform missing.


Attachments:
Source DPRK Stations 1.1.rar [103.85 KiB]
Downloaded 29 times

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
Nothing new, but I fixed a rather major glitch.
1.2 - 27/09/2018
Attachment:
DPRK_Stations_1.2.grf [215.09 KiB]
Downloaded 37 times

Changelog:
Fixed: platforms glitching through each other when a train is at the station


Attachments:
Source DPRK Stations 1.2.rar [103.84 KiB]
Downloaded 24 times

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
Some stuff for the next version of DPRK Stations Addon:
Image
At least two new station buildings and of course a cute little signalling box waypoint, as all waypoints should be. Also Kwangok station will be available as a 1x2 tile station.

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
I was in a buildingy mood after the screenshot competition, so I made some. I hope you like them.
Addon 1.0 - 07/12/2018
Image
Attachment:
DPRK_Stations_Addon_1.0.grf [91.76 KiB]
Downloaded 26 times

Changelog:
- Added Sinuiju Station
- Added Gaeseong Station
- Added Generic Rural Station
- Added Kwangok Station (as a 1x2 tile)
- Added Signalbox Waypoints

Also, seeing how it wasn't uploaded here yet:
Some bugfixes for DPRK Stations:
1.3 - 11/11/2018
Attachment:
DPRK_Stations_1.3.grf [215.09 KiB]
Downloaded 30 times

Changelog:
- Fixed buffers appearing behind platforms
- Fixed overpasses not showing properly


Attachments:
Source_DPRK_Stations_Addon_1.0.rar [64.47 KiB]
Downloaded 23 times

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
As someone who is utterly obsessed with DPRK railways (not intending to blow my own horn with this, but... I'm the one (2Q) who wrote all the DPRK and pre-1945 Korean locomotive and rail line info on Wikipedia... yeah, I'm obsessed, lol) - this is absolutely awesome! It's inspired me to start learning how to make maps, with the longer-term goal of making a reasonably accurate map of DPRK to play these sets with... though I'm going to start small for learning purposes and do only the very southwest part of the country, where it's all nice and flat...

For the moment I just very quickly threw something together just to play with the trains and the stations and such (using the Japanese signals set and the Japanese towns and roads sets... the signals are fine since they did use Japanese-style semaphores, but I'd love to see some more Korean/DPRK buildings (is there a Soviet bloc building set...?)... anyways I'd like to make a couple of observations/questions, if I may?

First one... okay, haven't seen all the the locomotives etc in play yet, but the running costs seem rather high?

Second one is really just a nitpick, re the 6000 srs steamers: maybe could make some different ones to reflect the different types that were used, 6100 = pre-war Mikai, 6200 = pre-war Mikani, 6300 = pre-war Mikasa... in any event though the vast majority of the 6xxx steamers were built in Japan, not China. Are you planning on adding other steamers, too?

Third - if you want to add more freight cars, I've compiled a bunch of info on those, too, especially boxcars and open wagons, some covered hoppers for grain, brake vans, etc. (including photos).

Fourth - a suggestion related to freight cars, if you decide to add more freight cars (and have newer types introduced by year), for added realism you could maybe implement what the Japan set has with some older cars not having continuous brakes, so if you have such cars in a train you need to add a brake van to the train...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
Erato wrote:
Bug fixes! Just when I thought I was done.

1.1 - 2/06/2018
dprktrains - 1.1.tar
Changelog:
Fixed: Red Flag 7 sprites no longer the wrong way round.
Changed: Slightly tweaked the standard passenger wagon sprite.
Feature: Added some alternative passenger wagon sprites which are randomly assigned, to make passenger trains look more interesting.
Image

EDIT:
But wait. There's more -.-

1.2 - 2/06/2018
dprktrains - 1.2.tar
Changelog:
Fixed: Introduction year Juche EMU.


I have this one (1.2) installed, but just noticed that the standard passenger wagon always gives the same sprite?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
kokutetsu wrote:
As someone who is utterly obsessed with DPRK railways (not intending to blow my own horn with this, but... I'm the one (2Q) who wrote all the DPRK and pre-1945 Korean locomotive and rail line info on Wikipedia... yeah, I'm obsessed, lol) - this is absolutely awesome! It's inspired me to start learning how to make maps, with the longer-term goal of making a reasonably accurate map of DPRK to play these sets with... though I'm going to start small for learning purposes and do only the very southwest part of the country, where it's all nice and flat...

For the moment I just very quickly threw something together just to play with the trains and the stations and such (using the Japanese signals set and the Japanese towns and roads sets... the signals are fine since they did use Japanese-style semaphores, but I'd love to see some more Korean/DPRK buildings (is there a Soviet bloc building set...?)... anyways I'd like to make a couple of observations/questions, if I may?

First one... okay, haven't seen all the the locomotives etc in play yet, but the running costs seem rather high?

Second one is really just a nitpick, re the 6000 srs steamers: maybe could make some different ones to reflect the different types that were used, 6100 = pre-war Mikai, 6200 = pre-war Mikani, 6300 = pre-war Mikasa... in any event though the vast majority of the 6xxx steamers were built in Japan, not China. Are you planning on adding other steamers, too?

Third - if you want to add more freight cars, I've compiled a bunch of info on those, too, especially boxcars and open wagons, some covered hoppers for grain, brake vans, etc. (including photos).

Fourth - a suggestion related to freight cars, if you decide to add more freight cars (and have newer types introduced by year), for added realism you could maybe implement what the Japan set has with some older cars not having continuous brakes, so if you have such cars in a train you need to add a brake van to the train...

I'm glad to hear you like my grfs. I have a few things planned for existing newgrfs, mostly related to reskinning things.

First: I balanced it against JapanSet. The running and purchase costs can be changed like so:
Image
Variable running costs changes the running cost of coal and diesel based on the year, modelled after the change in coal and oil prices.

Second: I do not plan on adding other steamers, as they are very hard to make.

Third: Yeah I couldn't really find anything on freight cars, so if you could DM that information to me, I could take a look and see what I can do.

Fourth: I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
I'd love to see some more Korean/DPRK buildings
:wink:

kokutetsu wrote:
I have this one (1.2) installed, but just noticed that the standard passenger wagon always gives the same sprite?

I have not been able to reproduce this bug. There are 3 types of carriages, the distribution of which should be: 4:3:1.
Image

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
[quote="Erato"
I'm glad to hear you like my grfs. I have a few things planned for existing newgrfs, mostly related to reskinning things.[/quote]

It's inspired me! I made a new Town Name grf with nearly all of the populated areas in NK that have rail service, I'm also trying to learn how to do the things related to building a scenario using heightmaps, and eventually I want to learn doing graphics stuff, too... like for track, later bridges, etc... but the map is my first project.

Quote:
First: I balanced it against JapanSet. The running and purchase costs can be changed like so:
Image
Variable running costs changes the running cost of coal and diesel based on the year, modelled after the change in coal and oil prices.


I jumped the gun a little with that comment... now that I've played it more extensively, I'd change my observation to saying that the running costs of the Keha and the DeRoHaNi (etc) are rather high; they're sorta too small to run alone, but to run a train of them gets really expensive.

In the Japan set (which is the only one I've played before this), you can make EMUs and DMUs longer by adding passenger cars, which then appear as cars appropriate to the trainset in particular... but I imagine that's not a really simple thing to do?

Quote:
Second: I do not plan on adding other steamers, as they are very hard to make.


Okay. Maybe I'll look into seeing if it's a difficult thing to export a single locomotive from one set and import it into another set... so then if there's say a USATC S160 or a Soviet Ye class (they used lots of both of those!) or whatever, then I could at least add them to my own game/scenario.

Quote:
Third: Yeah I couldn't really find anything on freight cars, so if you could DM that information to me, I could take a look and see what I can do.


Yeah, there's very little around in English, and not much more around in Korean or Japanese either, so I've had to scrounge together what I know through bits and pieces and seeing what I can glean from photos and random comments in texts etc...

I'll put something representative together and send it your way; I'll try to include some cars suitable for each cargo type and something old and something more modern.

In browsing things last night I discovered FIRS... how difficult would it be to make this set compatible with that? I'd love to incorporate that too, and if it's not too big a task, then I could send more car information to you...

Quote:
Fourth: I'll see what I can do.


I'll include some brake van stuff for you, too.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd love to see some more Korean/DPRK buildings
:wink:


Ooh, now you have me intrigued!

If I could make an observation/recommendation? An Immortality Column is essential, every town and village has one!

Quote:
I have not been able to reproduce this bug. There are 3 types of carriages, the distribution of which should be: 4:3:1.
Image


Ohhh, okay! Then looking now, I see that there's no bug at all! Those all show up just fine. I thought you were referring to different liveries - 2 or 3 years ago now, KJU issued a directive to modernise the appearance and operation of the railways, so since then they've been slowly repainting passenger equipment into new liveries, I've seen three variants so far - white with red window band, white with blue window band, and white with green window band... maybe these could be added as a future arrival? Like say have these show up at random from 2015 (like how in the Japan set at some point the Passenger Car and Mail Car change from brown to blue when you buy new ones).

Please don't take anything I say as demands or expectations... just excited wishes and suggestions and ideas!

Having said that, I'd like to make some observations about the locomotive types you've done...

* DFH - for consistency's sake with the other types, this should be named "KSR 900 Series (Diesel)"

* "KSR 100 Series (Diesel)" - The start year for these is 1976 in the game, but they were first built for China Railways in 1984, and the first ones for NK were delivered around 2000.

* "KSR 300 Series (Diesel)" - max speed in the game is 120 km/h; should be 100 km/h.

* "KSR 400 Series (Diesel)" - start year in the game is 1989, but these were delivered to NK in 2004. They are also all in a unique purple/green/yellow livery - I can send you pics if you like.

* "KSR 500 Series (Diesel)" - start year in the game is 1968, but the first deliveries to NK were in 1972.

* "K62 Class (Diesel)" - start year in the game is 1974, but should be 1967. Also, most of these have the 'standard' blue over green livery; the overall green scheme you put on the sprite is found only on the V200/ST44 bought second hand from Germany, Slovakia, Russia, and Poland from 1989 on (as 700 and 800 series).

* "Kumsong Class (Diesel)" - these are fine, but to reflect the reality, maybe you could make them significantly cheaper than the K62 Class (from which they were copied) but make their reliability significantly lower (maybe like 60%)...

* "KSR 5200 Series Red Flag 2 (Electric)" - a fair number of these were built as "Mangyongdae Class", with a cream over red livery, and geared for 140 km/h for fast passenger trains; if you don't want to make a new sprite for this, maybe you could just change the max speed to reflect this, and to give some variety?

* "KSR 5000 Series Red Flag 1 (Electric)" - if you feel like doing more sprites (or if I can learn to make them, the new graphics anyways), perhaps can add some of the newer (post-2000) liveries, like yellow/orange/wine red and pink/red, or the blue/red livery from the 1960s, and have them show up randomly (say a 1 in 8 chance for each?). I can send pics for reference if you want to do them, or I can try learning how to make the sprites myself...

Lastly... how difficult would it be to add "last year of availability"? I started a test game in 2050, and everything was still available... I thought maybe could make it so that some older types become unavailable after a certain year? If this is something you'd feel like implementing, I could make some suggestions...

Sorry if I'm throwing too much at you at once, but I'm really quite excited about this! :))


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
kokutetsu wrote:
It's inspired me! I made a new Town Name grf with nearly all of the populated areas in NK that have rail service, I'm also trying to learn how to do the things related to building a scenario using heightmaps, and eventually I want to learn doing graphics stuff, too... like for track, later bridges, etc... but the map is my first project.
I saw. It's nice to have a GRF with more real town names. As for the scenario: I'm looking forward to it. If you want, I have some experience with making heightmaps from satellite data. If you have any requests for DPRK Stations (granted, I'd need pictures), I'm all ears.

kokutetsu wrote:
I'd change my observation to saying that the running costs of the Keha and the DeRoHaNi (etc) are rather high; they're sorta too small to run alone, but to run a train of them gets really expensive.
Noted.

kokutetsu wrote:
In the Japan set (which is the only one I've played before this), you can make EMUs and DMUs longer by adding passenger cars, which then appear as cars appropriate to the trainset in particular... but I imagine that's not a really simple thing to do?
It's rather trivial to be honest, but when I made the MUs, I ran a poll in an OpenTTD chat group I'm in, and they unanimously voted for just having set consists. It's not hard to implement either way, I might add a parameter for it as I did for RIMS.

Quote:
I'll put something representative together and send it your way; I'll try to include some cars suitable for each cargo type and something old and something more modern.
In browsing things last night I discovered FIRS... how difficult would it be to make this set compatible with that? I'd love to incorporate that too, and if it's not too big a task, then I could send more car information to you...
I'll include some brake van stuff for you, too.
Just send it. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
If I could make an observation/recommendation? An Immortality Column is essential, every town and village has one!
Noted.

Quote:
I thought you were referring to different liveries - 2 or 3 years ago now, KJU issued a directive to modernise the appearance and operation of the railways, so since then they've been slowly repainting passenger equipment into new liveries, I've seen three variants so far - white with red window band, white with blue window band, and white with green window band... maybe these could be added as a future arrival? Like say have these show up at random from 2015 (like how in the Japan set at some point the Passenger Car and Mail Car change from brown to blue when you buy new ones).
I see. This is the first time I'm hearing of this. If you have pictures of this, please do send them my way. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
* "KSR 400 Series (Diesel)" - start year in the game is 1989, but these were delivered to NK in 2004. They are also all in a unique purple/green/yellow livery - I can send you pics if you like.

* "KSR 5200 Series Red Flag 2 (Electric)" - a fair number of these were built as "Mangyongdae Class", with a cream over red livery, and geared for 140 km/h for fast passenger trains; if you don't want to make a new sprite for this, maybe you could just change the max speed to reflect this, and to give some variety?

* "KSR 5000 Series Red Flag 1 (Electric)" - if you feel like doing more sprites (or if I can learn to make them, the new graphics anyways), perhaps can add some of the newer (post-2000) liveries, like yellow/orange/wine red and pink/red, or the blue/red livery from the 1960s, and have them show up randomly (say a 1 in 8 chance for each?). I can send pics for reference if you want to do them, or I can try learning how to make the sprites myself...
Please do send pics. As for the rest; Noted.

Quote:
Lastly... how difficult would it be to add "last year of availability"? I started a test game in 2050, and everything was still available... I thought maybe could make it so that some older types become unavailable after a certain year? If this is something you'd feel like implementing, I could make some suggestions...
Please do send suggestions.

Quote:
Sorry if I'm throwing too much at you at once, but I'm really quite excited about this! :))
Don't worry. It's been a while since I had someone this invested in my work. I like it. I might not have time to work on a lot of it though, seeing as exams are coming up, but I can certainly work on it when exams are done.

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
Erato wrote:
As for the scenario: I'm looking forward to it. If you want, I have some experience with making heightmaps from satellite data.


Image

This is the area I want to do; using the line measurement in Google Earth, the area inside the lines is 102 x 102 km - which, counting 10 grid squares per kilometre (since two passenger cars fit inside a square, and assuming a standard passenger car length of 21.5 metres, seems a reasonable assumption), fits nicely on a 1024 x 1024 map. I think this is a good size, big enough to be interesting and challenging, but small enough to be manageable.

I chose this area for a number of reasons - primarily because it's the most diverse in terms of industries in North Korea. This is the primary agricultural area of the DPRK, so there's plenty of Farms we can place on the map; there are quite a few iron mines in this region, as well as other mineral mines (that we can represent as iron mines using vanilla economy), and there are major smelters and steelworks near Nampo and Songrim; there are chemical plants and refineries (which can be represented in vanilla econ with oil refineries), and I'm thinking to use an oil rig for Nampo Port to represent oil arriving by sea, and oil wells at other spots to represent mines etc that deliver to chemical plants... there's also some (but not much) lumbering that happens inside this region, as well as some coal mining... so I think in terms of the vanilla industry, this is the most interesting region from a gameplay perspective.

This area also covers some fairly extensive trackage:

The 78 km section of the Pyongyang - Kaesong mainline (Pyongbu Line) from Hukkyo to Chonggye;
All 14 km of the Songrim Line from Hwangju on the Pyongbu Line to Songrim;
All 2.5 km of the Pongsan Line from Pongsan on the Pyongbu Line to West Pongsan;
All 78 km of the Hwanghae Chongnyon Line, the mainline from Sariwon on the Pyongbu Line to Haeju;
All 118 km of the Unnyul Line secondary main line from Unpa on the Hwanghae Line to Cholgwang;
All 18 km of the Changyon Line from Sugyo on the Unnyul Line to Changyon;
All 10 km of the Sohaeri Line from Cholgwang on the Unnyul Line to Ryongjong; *
All 27 km of the Sohae Kammun Line from Cholgwang to Sillyongri on the Pyongnam Line; **
The 25 km section of the Pyongyang - Nampo - Pyongnam Onchon mainline (Pyongnam Line) from Kwangryang to Kalchon via Nampo;
All 10 km of the Tojiri Line from Sinnampo to Tojiri;
All 9 km of the Nampo Port Line
The 12 km section of the Paechon Line from Changbang on the Hwanghae Line to Chontae (this is the important part of the line);
All 12 km of the Toktal Line from Chongdan on the Paechon Line to Toktal;
All 40 km of the Ongjin Line from Haeju to Ongjin;
All 1.5 km of the Chongdo Line from Haeju to Tolsom Port;
The 8 km section of the Pupo Line from Singangryong on the Ongjin Line to Kangryong.

It's a lot, but thanks to Google Earth, a decade of collecting photos etc, and information from a 1980s edition of a North Korean encyclopedia I found online, I have all the information I need to make a reasonably representative, if not accurate, scenario...

My basic idea for the scenario is to set it up such that the player starts on 1 January 1953, with some bits of infrastructure and some equipment already in existence, but a great deal of it destroyed, using FooBar's Useless Tracks GRF for this.

* = this is a 762 mm narrow-gauge line, and some of the lines I mentioned above were originally narrow gauge lines that were converted to standard in the 60s and 70s. For this, I'm intending to use the Suin Narrow Gauge Line set, since the narrow-gauge steam locomotives used both in North and South were made in Japan before 1945...

** = this runs over the West Sea Barrage and was opened in 1986...

Quote:
If you have any requests for DPRK Stations (granted, I'd need pictures), I'm all ears.


Okay, I'll go through all my stuff and see what there is that's really distinctive that I'd need, that I have suitable pictures for...


Quote:
Sorry if I'm throwing too much at you at once, but I'm really quite excited about this! :))
Don't worry. It's been a while since I had someone this invested in my work. I like it. I might not have time to work on a lot of it though, seeing as exams are coming up, but I can certainly work on it when exams are done.[/quote]

Not a rush at all, I'll have plenty to do myself, too, sorting through my info etc, and especially learning things before I tackle the actual scenario... especially since I'll need the "final" GRFs to build it without having to worry about problems from trying to add new ones to the scenario?


Attachments:
dprk1.png [777.16 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
Here's an actual request:

Image

Can you make two new station tiles?

1 - squares inside the areas outlined in orange: a sorta "spoof" invisible platform, which the game will see as being part of the station, but it *looks* like just track without adjacent platforms

2 - the square inside the red outline: crossings to connect platforms to each other across "invisible platforms"; I know for sure I'd need such a crossing like the one in the picture, as well as for a concrete-type overpass... don't yet know if I'll need it for the metal type, but it's possible.


Attachments:
stnreq.png [183.43 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 355
Location: The Netherlands
kokutetsu wrote:
Can you make two new station tiles?

1 - squares inside the areas outlined in orange: a sorta "spoof" invisible platform, which the game will see as being part of the station, but it *looks* like just track without adjacent platforms

2 - the square inside the red outline: crossings to connect platforms to each other across "invisible platforms"; I know for sure I'd need such a crossing like the one in the picture, as well as for a concrete-type overpass... don't yet know if I'll need it for the metal type, but it's possible.

1: I fail to see the usecase for this
2: DPRK Stations has waypoints for all crossings.

_________________
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
Erato wrote:
kokutetsu wrote:
Can you make two new station tiles?

1 - squares inside the areas outlined in orange: a sorta "spoof" invisible platform, which the game will see as being part of the station, but it *looks* like just track without adjacent platforms

2 - the square inside the red outline: crossings to connect platforms to each other across "invisible platforms"; I know for sure I'd need such a crossing like the one in the picture, as well as for a concrete-type overpass... don't yet know if I'll need it for the metal type, but it's possible.

1: I fail to see the usecase for this
2: DPRK Stations has waypoints for all crossings.


1: the use would be for tracks that aren't adjacent to a platform, but are still part of the station's yard area. If you look at the picture, that centre track should still be part of the station, but I had to build it by using "open track", instead of station elements. This would basically just be an eye-candy sort of thing to better match real-world station layouts, but I could fudge it by adding a platform there... but I think that would mean having to add an extra track, too, unless I use the two-sided platform elements...

2: I'm not referring to waypoints here, though, but rather to the "invisible platform" I mentioned. The station I built in the screencap above, I based on a real one, which has a paved walkway connecting the two platforms over the third track in the middle, that's not adjacent to a platform... Nevermind I figured it out :P


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:17 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am
Posts: 27
I'd have another request... cargo trucks that are available from 1945, for coal, wood, etc? The type doesn't matter really but if we want to get specific about that, the ZIS-150 was one of the most common types around after the war.

I've been working too, planning out where to place the towns, rail lines, roads, etc on the heightmap for the scenario... so far so good. Here's a little glimpse of a short branch line, the Sohaeri Line:

Overview of the line in Google Earth, I added a line to show where the railway is:
Image

View of the line in the game (note this is just placement testing for now...):
Image


Attachments:
Sohaeri Line overview.png [661.7 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sohaeri Line game test.png [281.59 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2019 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2019.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.