Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 am 
Chairman
Chairman

You could first try coding the locomotive itself without the tender. Maybe this can help you, a very preliminary version of BRTrains on dev.openttdcoop.org: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/brt ... Trains.nml

It appears to be a shunting locomotive, you could use that as a base, it has all the train locomotive settings in one place. Then just look in the NML specs or the train tutorial if you don't understand something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

SimYouLater wrote:
Fair enough. I'm looking into it myself but I'm not seeing anything useful in the NML Tutorial.

It's not obvious from the way it's set out in the wiki, but the Train tutorial continues after the "Railtypetable block" page.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Why not this? o_O

https://www.cockothenorth.co.uk/

Road Hog (road vehicles, released)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

andythenorth wrote:

Because making the graphics was a little too easy. I realized I'm getting confused trying to figure out how the code works, since I'm not working from a template like I am for ToyTrax (see separate topic).

EDIT: We've made some good progress today. Hopefully this will be done quickly! :D

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Last edited by SimYouLater on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:53 pm 
Director
Director

Probably by tomorrow! Well done on that!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:16 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Does anyone have some advice for the problem in the screenshot below?

For some reason the tender shows up as a purchasable vehicle.

Attachments:
BadTender.png
BadTender.png [ 28.74 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

SimYouLater wrote:

Show me your code please.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:45 pm 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Set climates_available for the tender to NO_CLIMATE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:

Show me your code please.

Code is available in the OP, but it's fixed now.

PikkaBird wrote:
Set climates_available for the tender to NO_CLIMATE.

Managed to figure this out on my own, but thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Source code updated, I think it's completely done.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Now includes the Combine Car, a combined passenger-mail car meant for the early 20th century.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hey SimYouLater :D
I was thinking about adding more UK-based trains to Iron Horse, so i don't know if we could do our project together :wink:
I already have sprites for Class 22, Class 88, Class 89 and preparing some for Class 43.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

acs121 wrote:
I was thinking about adding more UK-based trains to Iron Horse, so i don't know if we could do our project together :wink:
I already have sprites for Class 22, Class 88, Class 89 and preparing some for Class 43.

I've got no problem coding in your graphics, as long as Gwyd is okay with continuing work on this.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:47 am 
Director
Director

I'm happy to keep helping when I have the time

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

First the Class 22 sprites !
Attachment:
Broken Nose.png
Broken Nose.png [ 2.96 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]

Now we only have to find names for that. "Broken Nose" seems good, but it's not very original as it is the name of this locomotive series...

My screenshots

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am 
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

acs121 wrote:
I already have sprites for Class 22

All I'm gonna say here is that calling a Class 22 a British locomotive is like calling a Class 92 (CC92000) a French one. In fact, I'm sure 92s have seen a hell of a lot more of the French network than a 22200 will ever see of ours. Pretty sure the furthest they've ever made it is to Dollands Moor, which is about 3.5km above ground on British soil. A TGV La Poste set has made it further (St. Pancras)!

Basically, calling a 22200 a British train is silly.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

A lot of Class 22s made it to London. I even saw one once at Redhill !

Also, it's not because a locomotive is built in another country that it is not british or whatever. It has a British Rail class name, so it is a british locomotive, just as the Class 92s are french ones as they had been used under the name CC 92000 ! :wink:
Meanwhile, Class 66s and 67s did get on the French newtork, but as they were never used by the SNCF, they are not french ! As simple as that !
Let's say then that the A-Trains are not British because they are built by an italian manufacturer. :mrgreen:

My screenshots

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm 
Director
Director

This "class 22" was a very temporary arrangement while we got our 92s... In those days the overhead wires only went as far as Ashford, so the BB22200s wouldn't be able to get past there. As for going to London and Redhill: they wouldn't be able to get to London or Redhill due to loading guage and electrification.

Anyway... Iron horse...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

acs121, I've talked with Gwyd and the Class 22 couldn't get to Redhill due to the loading gauge. In short, the platform edges are too close together for it to pass between them. What about the other trains you suggested?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, Class 22 needs debating before inclusion though. So let's skip this, and move on to other thingies...
Attachment:
Brush Avocet.png
Brush Avocet.png [ 2.21 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]

Attachment:
Stadler Euro Dual.png
Stadler Euro Dual.png [ 2.16 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]

If you're wondering, the Avocet is the Class 89 and the Euro Dual is the Class 88. I gave them those filenames for the simple reason that i didn't find a proper name yet. Maybe "Shark" for the Avocet and "Double Juice" (reference to IH 1) for the Euro Dual ?

My screenshots