[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How do you use the regional parameters?

Only one region enabled
14%
Multiple regions (but not all) enabled
31%
All regions enabled
54%

Total votes: 138

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:I dunno if this is the right place to get help with 2cc Trains Code...

I'm having a weird issue with 10/8 size electrics clipping on the diagonal views even though the horizontal sprites are just fine.

Heres the code for the EP2 bipolar which is the one in the image thats clipping.
https://pastebin.com/s2US362u

I'm 100% sure that the sprite is 10/8 size.
Yes, this is the best place to get help with the code.

Regarding your issue: I might have made a mistake with the offsets for longer vehicles, as I had to do those myself. Does the issue also happen with the actual set (preferably a recent nightly)? If so, it is something I should fix.
NekoMaster wrote:Though I have a new Issue that might need someone like transport man's answer.
I need some way to code 3 part articulated locomotives with large sprites.

I could just code them as separate parts but I'd rather have them coded as one big long locomotive.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

EDIT : I should mention that I'm working with the 2cc Trains in NML code which is why I'm asking here incase someone might have an answer I can use with the 2cc Trains Code
I used articulated parts to create the whole consist, and then used the default callback to determine on which parts to draw the sprites and on which to draw an empty sprite. On the first part of a long vehicle I've placed the actual sprite, on the second part I've drawn the empty sprite.

I actually solved my issue by tweaking my long sprites and the template so now I dont have the clipping issue or none that I can see.

Also, I was wondering if perhaps you could show me in a PM or something the code I might use to make a 3 part articulated vehicle with long vehicles (which they themselves are technically coded as articulated vehicles)

I have no idea how to make a locomotive comprised of multiple articulated parts as I still dont quite understand how to work it.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NekoMaster wrote:Also, I was wondering if perhaps you could show me in a PM or something the code I might use to make a 3 part articulated vehicle with long vehicles (which they themselves are technically coded as articulated vehicles)

I have no idea how to make a locomotive comprised of multiple articulated parts as I still dont quite understand how to work it.
Take a look at the code for the Big Boy steamer, it is comprised of a long steamer and a tender. The long steamer part consists of 2 articulated parts, and the tender is a third articulated part. If the tender would also be a long vehicle, you would get an additional articulated part. If it is still unclear, I can throw together some example code.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Also, I was wondering if perhaps you could show me in a PM or something the code I might use to make a 3 part articulated vehicle with long vehicles (which they themselves are technically coded as articulated vehicles)

Take a look at the code for the Big Boy steamer, it is comprised of a long steamer and a tender. The long steamer part consists of 2 articulated parts, and the tender is a third articulated part. If the tender would also be a long vehicle, you would get an additional articulated part. If it is still unclear, I can throw together some example code.
I just looked at my GTEL Sprites again and relised the Front Cab unit of the Coal Turbine and Gen 3 Big BLow are indeed 8/8 size which would be fine, but i can't fit the middle/b-unit sprite in because they're larger and would require its own "long vehicle" code.

Basically this is how its going to have to be
[Cab/A-Unit]+[EMPTY][B-Unit][EMPTY]+[Fuel Tender]

And if course it has to be one vehicle, not 3 separate purchasable parts.

Before I thought it was more complicated because I thought I had two 9/8 size sprites and then a 8/8 size fuel tender.

I'm not savvy enough with NML yet to figure out how to make my own articulated parts. I've had Andythenorth try and show me how but I can't wrap my head around it.

In other news I figured out how to put multiple sprites like for cargo wagons into one big sheet, this way I dont have like 50 different sprite sheets for one type of car to cover the different cargos it holds.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NekoMaster wrote:I just looked at my GTEL Sprites again and relised the Front Cab unit of the Coal Turbine and Gen 3 Big BLow are indeed 8/8 size which would be fine, but i can't fit the middle/b-unit sprite in because they're larger and would require its own "long vehicle" code.

Basically this is how its going to have to be
[Cab/A-Unit]+[EMPTY][B-Unit][EMPTY]+[Fuel Tender]

And if course it has to be one vehicle, not 3 separate purchasable parts.

Before I thought it was more complicated because I thought I had two 9/8 size sprites and then a 8/8 size fuel tender.

I'm not savvy enough with NML yet to figure out how to make my own articulated parts. I've had Andythenorth try and show me how but I can't wrap my head around it.

In other news I figured out how to put multiple sprites like for cargo wagons into one big sheet, this way I dont have like 50 different sprite sheets for one type of car to cover the different cargos it holds.
To buy a vehicle consisting of multiple parts as 1 vehicle, you need to add the articulated_part callback. In that switch you indicate which parts should be added after the first part. In your case with 4 additional parts, the code would look something like:

Code: Select all

switch(FEAT_TRAINS, SELF, switch_vehicle_articulated, extra_callback_info1) {
	1..4: return item_vehicle;
    return CB_RESULT_NO_MORE_ARTICULATED_PARTS;
}
When buying the vehicle, OpenTTD checks this switch until it reaches CB_RESULT_NO_MORE_ARTICULATED_PARTS. The first time it would add the empty vehicle, the second time the B-unit, third time again an empty vehicle and fourth (and last) time the tender.

Then with the other switches you can control the length and sprites of each part.

Note that this set uses an 8+2 setup for vehicles that are 10 units long instead of an 3+4+3 for historic reasons, as players could only select the first part of an articulated vehicle, but this has been changed since. It might be that the comments in the code do not reflect that correctly.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

I'm discovering this set (a bit late).

After playing a few hours, I have a question : how do you choose which trains are in the set or not ?

I started a game arround 1850 to use the very early trains.

Now, I'm at 1910, and I'm very surprised to see that most of my trains built in 1855 were still better than any built in 1890.
Now, at 1910, many new trains appears but most of them are not worth to anything compared to the trains I already built earlier in the game (less powerfull, lower max speed, more expensive).

I may reduce the regions enabled (I enabled all Europe regions) but many of the "old usefull" and "new useless" trains are in the same regions.

Next, I may be a bit chauvinistic (but I'm french, like Mr Chauvin), but I'm surprised to see so few french trains. In 1910 there is still not any french train.
I looked up in the set list of trains and saw very few french trains.
I'm maybe wrong, but I thought SNCF (and Alsthom) was a leader in Europe, and may be in the world.
At least, most of the world speed record are attributed to the SNCF.

Is it possible to add bit few more french trains in the set ?

There is not any diesel locomotive.
There is not any autorail train.

I think about some emblematic trains :

Suburban / Regional :
- Caravelle X4300 and X4500 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_4500
- P'tit Gris Z6100 / Z5300 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_6100 / https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_5300
- Boîte à Chaussures : X2100 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_2100
- Baleine Bleue : X73500 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_73500
- Z20500 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_20500
- Z24500 / Z27500 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_24500 / https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_27500
- Regio 2N : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regio_2N

National / Regional :
- Nez Cassé : BB7200 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_7200
- Danseuse BB8500 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_8500
- Astride : BB36000 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_36000
- TGV Atlantique : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV_Atlantique
- TGV Réseau : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGV_R%C3%A9seau (France + Switzerland)
- Mouette : BB66000 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_66000

For a complete list :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat%C3%A9 ... de_la_SNCF or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNCF_classes (english version is less complete though)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

MagicBuzz wrote:french trains
I think you've selected a wrong trainset and the wrong topic for your needs. You should look at these below:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14756
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=58283

These are all the French trains included in the set:
SNCF X 4630 - France - DMU - 1971
SNCF T 2000 - France - DMU - 1972
SNCF TGV Sud-Est - France - EMU - 1981
SNCF TGV Duplex - France - EMU - 1995
SNCF TGV Thalys - France - EMU - 1995
SNCF BB 67400 - France - locomotive (diesel) - 1969
SNCF 461000 - France - locomotive (diesel) - 2002
SNCF BB 9004 - France - locomotive (electric) - 1954
SNCF BB 25500 - France - locomotive (electric) - 1964
SNCF CC 40100 - France - locomotive (electric) - 1964
SNCF BB 22200 - France - locomotive (electric) - 1976
SNCF BB 26000 - France - locomotive (electric) - 1989
SNCF 140C - France - locomotive (steam) - 1920
SNCF 141TA - France - locomotive (steam) - 1922
SNCF 150B - France - locomotive (steam) - 1933
Paris M2 840 - France - metro (multiple unit) - 1957
Paris MP89 - France - metro (multiple unit) - 1997
SNCF Z 7100 - France - railbus (electric) - 1960

I must point out here that this is NOT a French trainset, there is an exclusively French trainset made by Snail that you can easily add as a second set if you want more trains and those ones from you list too.

The logic of adding vehicles is not only to have trains in most possible REGIONS of the world but also to have most possible COUNTRIES covered. In fact, I have intentionally transferred some French-built vehicles to former French "estates" in Africa, e.g., just to have a wider coverage of regions.
Western Europe (Franch region) already have an immense number of vehicles compared to other regions of the set. You argue about "too few French trains", someone could say what about Belgian ones, Dutch ones, German, Austrian, Swiss...

No more additions, period.
MagicBuzz wrote:Now, I'm at 1910, and I'm very surprised to see that most of my trains built in 1855 were still better than any built in 1890. Now, at 1910, many new trains appears but most of them are not worth to anything compared to the trains I already built earlier in the game (less powerfull, lower max speed, more expensive).
The set contains hundreds and hundreds of vehicles. The logic of advancing trough years isn't always about a new introduction being better/stronger/faster. There is always a wide choice for any kind of playing style.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I'll take a look at the Snail's set.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

May be it was already discussed, but I noticed something strange with the nightly release of yesterday : the "Fourgon en bois 1ère génération" coach has strange capacity.

For livestock, it's 20 heads. Ok.
But for goods it's 40 boxes.

As a result, a full 5 titles steel train produces a 2 tiles goods train.
40 boxes looks like to be very huge. It should be around 20, no ?

I'm not sure the released version of April have the same capacity issue. I didn't noticed it.

The same problem for the wood coach (and may be the liquid one) : 10 tons instead of 20.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Can you check it ain't the release of April? I recoded everything since then and maybe something went wrong.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:Can you check it ain't the release of April? I recoded everything since then and maybe something went wrong.
So what has changed with the coding of things? Is it anything significant that I might have to redo everything with NARS ADD-ON 2cc?
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Transportman wrote:Can you check it ain't the release of April? I recoded everything since then and maybe something went wrong.
Here is the alpha version (April) capacities :
alpha.png
alpha.png (16.72 KiB) Viewed 15287 times
Here is the beta version (Yesterday) capacities :
beta.png
beta.png (16.79 KiB) Viewed 15287 times
IMHO the alpha version of liquid capacities should also been increased (like 15 000 litres or 18 000 litres) in order to match the other coaches capacities.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

With the 2cc TrainsInNML Code, how would I code Locomotives with "B-unit" sprites to form a A-B-B-A or A-B-A-B set up?

I'd like it so that Locomotives without a "B-Unit" like normal locomotives form a setup like this
<A] [B> <A] [B>

And Locomotives with B-Units like a EMD E8 or F7 will form a set up like this

<A] [A>

I tried some tinkering of my own but while the code would compile it wouldn't change anything (or make things always face forward)

Alternatively I'd like to know how to enable proper Flipping of engines, but I imagine that would probably require a template for each size of locomotive to allow flipping properly.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NekoMaster wrote:
So what has changed with the coding of things? Is it anything significant that I might have to redo everything with NARS ADD-ON 2cc?
I don't know your NARS ADD-ON, but the coding has had a major overhaul to move all properties to defines and use those properties in calculations of other properties.
MagicBuzz wrote:
Here is the alpha version (April) capacities :
alpha.png
Here is the beta version (Yesterday) capacities :
beta.png
IMHO the alpha version of liquid capacities should also been increased (like 15 000 litres or 18 000 litres) in order to match the other coaches capacities.
The capacities look the same, only the order of the wagons seems different, making comparison a bit more difficult.
NekoMaster wrote:With the 2cc TrainsInNML Code, how would I code Locomotives with "B-unit" sprites to form a A-B-B-A or A-B-A-B set up?

I'd like it so that Locomotives without a "B-Unit" like normal locomotives form a setup like this
<A] [B> <A] [B>

<A] [A>

I tried some tinkering of my own but while the code would compile it wouldn't change anything (or make things always face forward)

Alternatively I'd like to know how to enable proper Flipping of engines, but I imagine that would probably require a template for each size of locomotive to allow flipping properly.

There are quite some vehicles that already have B units, but in all cases it will resolve around a switch based on the position_in_vehid_chain and related variables, to determine which sprite to draw. I think the best way is to look a ta vehicle that implements it.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:With the 2cc TrainsInNML Code, how would I code Locomotives with "B-unit" sprites to form a A-B-B-A or A-B-A-B set up?

<A] [B> <A] [B>

<A] [A>

There are quite some vehicles that already have B units, but in all cases it will resolve around a switch based on the position_in_vehid_chain and related variables, to determine which sprite to draw. I think the best way is to look a ta vehicle that implements it.

I already have the "B-Unit" code working as I just grabbed it from the EMD E8 locomotive.

I use that code for normal sized engines to provide flipped or B-unit sprites.

I tried messing around with the position_in_vehid_chain stuff but I couldn't what i wanted.

I'd at least like to get my F and E unit locomotives to have a A-Unit first and then B-units after, rather then how the code I have works (A, B then back to A, then B... so ABABABAB)

I'd rather have A-B-B-B...

Either that or is there a way to allow flipping trains without coming up with seperate sprite templates for every size?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NekoMaster wrote:
Transportman wrote:

<A] [B> <A] [B>

<A] [A>

I already have the "B-Unit" code working as I just grabbed it from the EMD E8 locomotive.

I use that code for normal sized engines to provide flipped or B-unit sprites.

I tried messing around with the position_in_vehid_chain stuff but I couldn't what i wanted.

I'd at least like to get my F and E unit locomotives to have a A-Unit first and then B-units after, rather then how the code I have works (A, B then back to A, then B... so ABABABAB)

I'd rather have A-B-B-B...

Either that or is there a way to allow flipping trains without coming up with seperate sprite templates for every size?

I'm not familiar with flipping, so I can't help you with that question, but regarding the ABAB -> ABBB I might be able to help. I guess your switch now checks for position_in_vehid_chain % 2. If you remove the % 2 part, you should be quite far.

Your switch should look something like:

Code: Select all

switch(FEAT_TRAINS, SELF, switch_name, position_in_vehid_chain ) {
	0: spriteset_A;
	spriteset_B;
}
Then for the first vehicle in the ID chain it takes the A sprite, for all other vehicles in the ID chain it takes the B sprite.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Transportman wrote: The capacities look the same, only the order of the wagons seems different, making comparison a bit more difficult.
Well, no, not really...
Attachments
capacities.png
capacities.png (13.4 KiB) Viewed 15084 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

MagicBuzz wrote:
Transportman wrote: The capacities look the same, only the order of the wagons seems different, making comparison a bit more difficult.
Well, no, not really...
I see, I pinpointed where that happened. Some time after the alpha release (r828 to be exact) I made a change, removing the capacity callbacks for wagons. Then OpenTTD falls back to the default behavior as described in the NML specification (setting the capacity for the first refittable cargo and getting a multiplication when refitted to other cargoes). For flat wagons Goods are the first refittable cargo, so all other cargoes are divided by 2, while for the covered and liquid wagons goods are not the first refittable cargo, multiplying it by 2.

But you are right that things are not completely OK. The factor 2 will stay, but I might change the order of the cargoes in the refit=list or add capacity switches back to get consistent behavior.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

Hi Transportman. I'm coding a simple newGRF: may I use some of your art in my project? If not, no worries.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Gliptal wrote:Hi Transportman. I'm coding a simple newGRF: may I use some of your art in my project? If not, no worries.
The art is not mine, but you can use it as long as you follow the license.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

Thanks. I'll put it to good use!

Return to “Graphics Development”